What's new

Google Earth Park Location Layer

Inverse

Hyper Poster
i've been intending to make a Google Maps of UK parks and rides for a while. I can find a US one by Theme Park Insider, but no UK.

I've made a start (Legoland) and made it open for everyone to edit.

Search for Coasterforce UK Theme Parks in the custom maps bit of google or Click Here Any and all help will be appriciated.

Please mark parks with a blue pin at the park entrance and rollercoasters with a green one.

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
On my Google Earth, I've marked about 100 or 150 parks, I think... all the way from South America to Asia. Unfortunately, I'm not sure you can export from Google Earth to Google Maps. If you can, let me know, and I can give you all the ones I've marked.

A

Anonymous

I got my Google Earth Park pack from the ECC member Malcolm Marr. It includes a lot more then just coaster parks, it even includes a lot of defunct and future parks.

But I have some problems with it at the moment, but I have mailed him to see if it can be sorted out. I will get back with the result.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
There is something called the World Park Project. It has basically every park on it all over the world. It's a really neat little layer.

I think it might have been Loefet that sent me the file originally. Ask him.

EDIT: Far too late now...

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Yes. Perfectly.

Is it not working for you?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^If you catch me on MSN and tell me what I have to send back I'm sure I can oblige.

A

Anonymous

I got a reply from Malcolm Marr now, and it seems that there might be some problem with the hosting of the file, but it seem that it don't affect everyone.

But if anyone would like to get his awesome Google Earth park location file then just mail him and ask for it, and he will send it to you and also notify you about updates as they happen.

Mail to: malcolm_marr[at]hotmail.com (change the [at] to @), and ask about the "Google Earth Parks".

A

Anonymous

Update:

Since he have been having trouble with the hosting before then to solve that it's now available on the European Coaster Club web page in their library section, it should be much more stable over there and easier for him to update.

http://www.coasterclub.org/b2evo/index.php/library.php (at the bottom of the page)

Just go there and download it, you won't regret it, since it's the most comprehensive park location layer I have seen!!

Ollie

CF Legend
Wow. That's good. I clicked to show the layer and the whole thing covered in pins. It's so good, although I'm not sure if the colours of the pins mean different things.

A

Anonymous

There is an "instructions" option in the file (if you look in the tree view) that explains it all.

Gazza

Giga Poster
I actually got him to email it to me a week or so ago...How awesome is it! You can even set it to show all those Weigand toboggan runs, and water parks (Both side interests for me)

Coaster wise, it is incredibly comprehensive, though with some countries it makes it a huge field of pins....Is there any way to filter it so you only show the larger pins representing parks with more coasters?

A

Anonymous

^ I don't think there is any filters, you just have to browse through them by hand.