What's new

Goliath leaving SFNE

Skyye

Mega Poster
I heard a wacky rumor about it going to Lake Winnie, so lets see.

(again, not confirmed, just rumor)
That is indeed a wacky rumor. I don't see it happening since I've never thought Lake Winnie would have the room for anything large, if it were a normal boomerang then maybe but not a GIB.

Wazzupnerds

Mega Poster
That is indeed a wacky rumor. I don't see it happening since I've never thought Lake Winnie would have the room for anything large, if it were a normal boomerang then maybe but not a GIB.

1642609249521.png

This was the general area of where it would go

Wazzupnerds

Mega Poster
Is this coaster not being removed because it's super unreliable? If so it wouldn't make much sense for it to be relocated, unless they can put the old trains back on it or whatever it was that ruined it.
From my understanding (again, this is rumor and the game of telephone) was the new trains were the issue.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
I heard a wacky rumor about it going to Lake Winnie, so lets see.

(again, not confirmed, just rumor)
Lake Winnie's not exactly tight on space, but I personally highly doubt this. Based on how it would fit with their current lineup, as well as the removal of two attractions in the past two years for little reason other than to raise cash, plus management pulling the plug on their Halloween event this past fall simply because it wasn't something that they could manage, I don't think that its in their best interests to buy a major coaster off of a corporate right now. Especially one thats kinda been a problem child, whether it was the trains or simply mechanical.

Then again, I've been very wrong with relocations before, I believed out of my best judgements that Indiana Beach wouldn't buy Quimera and then it happened, so we'll see.

Wazzupnerds

Mega Poster
Lake Winnie's not exactly tight on space, but I personally highly doubt this. Based on how it would fit with their current lineup, as well as the removal of two attractions in the past two years for little reason other than to raise cash, plus management pulling the plug on their Halloween event this past fall simply because it wasn't something that they could manage, I don't think that its in their best interests to buy a major coaster off of a corporate right now. Especially one thats kinda been a problem child, whether it was the trains or simply mechanical.

Then again, I've been very wrong with relocations before, I believed out of my best judgements that Indiana Beach wouldn't buy Quimera and then it happened, so we'll see.
agree, I feel like this would be an example of thinking short term instead of long term if this happens.

Also, to add to the Halloween event not happening, that was because of short staffing, so blame whoever you want on that.

Indy

Hyper Poster
Is this coaster not being removed because it's super unreliable? If so it wouldn't make much sense for it to be relocated, unless they can put the old trains back on it or whatever it was that ruined it.
It is not necessarily unprecedented, though. Six Flags is trying to reduce their maintenance budget. However, a different park might place a lot of value in an attraction like this and be willing to take on the risk/budget. For example, Six Flags sold one of their other GIBs to Silverwood who has been operating it for the last 13 years. It is still by far the tallest roller coaster in probably a 500 mile radius from that regional park.

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
Not sure if true but someone in a Reddit post on r/rollercoaster said he saw a photo SFNEonline posted of Goliath track leaving the park on flatbed trucks.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think scrapped coasters are usually taken away in flatbed trucks.

Wazzupnerds

Mega Poster
Not sure if true but someone in a Reddit post on r/rollercoaster said he saw a photo SFNEonline posted of Goliath track leaving the park on flatbed trucks.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think scrapped coasters are usually taken away in flatbed trucks.
Link please, this is starting to get good

edit: found it, and found this also.

1642640598977.png
I remember the post they are talking about, will try to find it

Last edited:

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster

Screenshot 2022-01-20 at 20-58-33 The GROVE SHOW Episode # 319 Goliath is finally coming down,...png
So close and yet still too far. Mostly because he showed it by pointing the phone screen at the camera.

Source

EDIT: OK. I'm pretty sure reality is actively conspiring to prevent us from getting a good photo of Goliath deconstruction. SFNEonline was only able to post the one, I've failed to track down this one beyond the very blurred cell phone at camera one above, and some others I thought were of deconstruction turned out to be from when they were building the damn thing. Can anyone search Facebook for a better quality version of the above?

EDIT 2: Just threw a PM to SFNEonline asking if they could send me the link to the original photo.

EDIT 3: PM yielded no link but did yield the info that SFNEonline's connections have confirmed the ride is moving to another park.

Last edited:

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
EDIT 3: PM yielded no link but did yield the info that SFNEonline's connections have confirmed the ride is moving to another park.
I've heard so many conflicting rumors about its relocation at this point that I can't decide on a consensus. This helps though.

Also, if those Frontier City rumors end up true then I'll be darned. Normally I'd say bring it up here to La Ronde, but they don't even have the money nor stability to construct the current garbage second-hand coaster thats sitting on site rn. Grass has been growing around the footers by now, I garner.