Does The Big Cheese Exsist?

• Yeah

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 10 83.3%

• Total voters

danielfitzgerald99

Hyper Poster
Ok, so this comes up about once a year or something but it is an intresting agrument.

Do you believe in God. Let's see how this one goes until it gets overflowed with spam and locked.

jayjay

Giga Poster
I'm not sure about God, but I'm sure there must be a creator. So yeah, the world could have been created by the big bang all by chance, and we could have been evolved from bacteria or whatever. Seriously, what are the chances that the world happens to work perfectly, every single thing in the world having a purpose. The world is just too well designed for me to think it might have happened by chance.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^I can't remember the details now, but I saw a program on parallel universes and they were saying something about thousands of universes, that each feed into one. Basically, it means it all goes right. I don't really get it though.

I don't believe in God. I don't really have time! I'd rather just have more fun. Also if there is a God, how come he lets people starve and become difigured in horrific circumstances?

nealbie

CF Legend
We did this in critical thinking (I personally do not have faith), but what we learned in critical thinking is how to successfully argue that God exists...

The opening statement of the Bible declares that “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.” (Genesis 1:1) Contemporary science although not absolutely certain on exactly when has confirmed that the universe did in fact have a beginning with what is known as “The Big Bang.” It flies in the face of common sense for anyone to assert that absolute nothing could produce something thus making it logical to infer that God is that something with no beginning which produced everything that we know of which has a beginning.

The Bible paints a picture of God as a Being who is omniscient, omnipotent, immaterial, omnipresent, eternal, immutable, indivisible, perfect and loving. The Bible says that, “God is spirit…” (John 4:24) and it says that “God is love…” (1 John 4:8). The awesome complexity and incredible elegance pervading the entire universe suggests the existence of a superhuman architect of immense knowledge and power. The minds of human beings are taking what seems like an eternity to completely discover what the original mind or the divine mind actually accomplished in creating the universe and all it contains. The Bible says that God created mankind in his image (Genesis 1: 26-27) and it is logical to conclude that the human mind is able to increasingly make progress in understanding the universe because the human mind is a replica of the divine mind.

We live in an imperfect world, but one in which the good conspicuously outweighs the bad and one which any person could imagine as possibly being much worse if it were simply accidental or unintended. It seems that the universe provides us with life and the things necessary to sustain, enhance, and enjoy life. There are luxuries which are not essential to survival and reproduction such as art, music, and ever-evolving technology. Is this indicative of an indifferent cosmos or more indicative of one which is somewhat friendly to humans? It seems more reasonable to conclude that the universe materialized due to the presence of an intelligent force when one takes the time to learn how so many things had to go right in order for us to be here and how difficult it would be to possibly explain how not one of those things went wrong without making reference to God. It also seems as though the universe was designed for people when one considers how human beings are the phenomenal creatures with the rare capacity to maximize the somewhat hidden potential of creation.

And finally: We each have a desire to seek love. From childhood on, we try to fill that gap that exists within us. Sharing a life with another person, enjoying the companionship, stems from Adam & Eve, and God saw that Adam was lonely and so he created Eve to fill the desire to love and be loved, and as a means of creating a world of mankind. If we believe that, then it follows that there is a God.

Deano

Mega Poster
We're doing this subject in R.E. atm :lol:

Nah, i don't believe in god because i think if there was a god, he wouldn't let there be bad weather causing crops to not grow causing thousands of people to die. (IMO)

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Nope, I don't.

I'm not a religious person at all. I walk into a church and it goes dark! :lol:

But seriously, I'm not sure how we were created but IMO it wasn't god or some sort of "Creator"

Ollie

CF Legend
I believe in God as that was how I was brought up, and I spent my childhood in Sunday School.
I don't go to church, pray at night ect. I just believe. :p

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
No, of course not.

I'll respect anyones belief regardless of how propostrous I find it all.

Emmett

Giga Poster
No I dont believe in him, but I think some people need to believe there is a higher power out there for them to look up too.

Its all down to evolution and science at the end of the day.

kimahri

CF Legend
God is Google!

Google knows all and if Google doesn't know what it is then it doesn't exist.

Yeah I believe in God. My mum says if I don't then I don't get christmas presents.

Christmas isn't about getting presents or god in a nutshell, so use that against her.

Mackem Lad

Mega Poster
I believe God is in ourselves, the person who we turn to in times of need.

The idea of a big bloke up above is ridiculous IMO, what do people think this is? A big game of The Sims?

I'm agnostic. I'm open to the concept but not entirely convinced by it - as said by Simon Pegg in Hot Fuzz.

I'm agnostic. I'm open to the concept but not entirely convinced by it

Same.

I like to believe that God and Jesus are real, and that there's a heaven and all that, but the concept just isn't believeable. I don't understand how there could be a spirit man who like, created everything. I don't want to completely not believe it though, because if it turns out to be real, I'll be screwed, and for all I know, God and Heaven could actually exist, but I need proof before I can totally believe in it.

Mat

Hyper Poster
No. I do not belevie in it because of the lack of evidence, yes there is the Bible, but anyone could have written that IMO.

Sam

Giga Poster
Yes, yes he does.

And it makes me laugh how all these people who claim to not believe will pray when they're desperate.