Do you go to parks alone?

• Yes

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • No

Votes: 17 51.5%

• Total voters

Jer

Strata Poster
So this recent season i've found myself going to Gadv alone since the visits are basically free for me. Now this has me wondering, how often to people go to parks alone, because as I wander I see a lot of people in groups and very little, if any, people alone.

So here is the question, do you go to parks alone? Why or why not? and how often?

For as as I mentioned before this is my first season with parking on my season pass so visits to Gadv are free, most of my friends are either unemployed with no money, have too much work, or dont have a season pass, but still wanting to go I find myself going alone more often.

valleyfair!

Hyper Poster
I find myself at parks alone quite a bit actually. It's really just because I don't have too many friends that can handle going as often as I like too and my family is not too into it when I'm traveling with them. It doesn't bother me and parks with single rider queues make getting the most out of your day easier being alone.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Occasionally, but most of the time I can find someone to rope in to come with me.

:)

Martyn B

CF Legend
I've travelled to a park on my own to meet someone, but thats as far as its been (unfortunately).

Oh the amount of times I had wished I had gone on my own.... :roll:

madhjsp

Giga Poster
Like Martyn, the closest I've done is traveling to a park alone to meet up with others. I guess going alone would be nice in the sense that you could do absolutely whatever you wanted without worrying about what the 'group' wants to do, but at the same time, I'd miss the enjoyment of sharing the day with friends.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
I have technically once because I went to Alton Towers with my school which none of my friends went on. I ended up going round the park on my own.

In the past yah, I've never actually driven to one alone but sometimes I ended up splitting off by myself, which isn't really much fun and I don't like to do it!

walker1104

Mega Poster
LiveForTheLaunch said:
Sometimes I ended up splitting off by myself, which isn't really much fun and I don't like to do it!

Same for me. When I'm at a park with my family, often my parents will go on rides with my younger brother, so I'll wander off and get on a few rides that I want to go on instead. It's not too bad.

Lucy

Hyper Poster
I've often been to parks on my own and it's still good fun even though it's just me, but I also love going with other people too as I have done a bit of that recently with my trip to Sweden.

I guess it's nice to do both! :D

CMonster

Giga Poster
I have gone to BGT occasionally by myself, but I don't like it very much and it was only because I wanted to get pics and such of Cheetah Hunt's construction. It's too lonely and I get bored too quickly.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I've done a few loner trips to Thorpe as I'm passing to "pick up the credz" when it's not busy. However, I dislike doing it. Theme Parks for me are all about company, it's a social experience and one I don't enjoy on my own.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
I've done quite a few loner trips, mainly as they're either planned at the last minute or because my family don't want to come. I've done Alton, Drayton and Pleasurewood Hills by myself before - I may have even done Thorpe on my tod. I don't mind it actually - I get to do what I want in the order I want and there is no time spent faffing. I get a lot more done, I can take advantage of the single rider queues and sometimes you get talking in queues with some cool people.

Having said all of that, it does get mighty lonely n loner trips and I find myself not talking for about 8-10 hours which is unlike me. It's nice to have company, just not TOO much company (unless it's with CF of course).

Martyn B

CF Legend
I can take advantage of the single rider queues and sometimes you get talking in queues with some cool people.

*sometimes* being the right word. Last Sunday, Thorpe, Nemesis Inferno queue, people in front = "they have one of these at Disney Studios in Florida but you have Aerosmith music playing "dude looks like a lady"....

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
^ You do get that a LOT at Merlin parks about the GP getting things terribly incorrect. The enthusiast in me does like to occasionally correct them, but most of the time I just roll my eyes. the amount of times I've told people at Alton that Rita doesn't do 100mph... :roll:

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I often go alone to do stuff for CoasterForce because there's nothing worse for friends or family to have to stand around waiting for me to finish filming a ride, but I never go alone if I don't have to "do work".

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Working at parks, it is a little distorted because when I worked at KBF, and say I got off at 5, I had no desire to leave for a few hours due to traffic, so I spent hours whoring Xcelerator and GhostRider. Since I started at WoF, I haven't gone into the park during operating hours yet, but I have gone alone. I have gone to WoF more alone than I have with other people, KBF a lot, DLR once or twice, SFMM a handful of times. Amazingly I have met some people from random websites at parks and have hung out with them if I am alone. For me, going alone is almost better because most of my friends don't like coasters, and the ones that do, are never able to go, so I enjoy it more by myself. I bring headphones and just listen to music in lines and take pictures, it makes the time pass.

Jake

Strata Poster
The only time I can think of was in Singapore and Malaysia, but I did the whole trip on my own so was already used to it anyway.

I'd rather go with somebody, and I doubt i'd EVER bother with a UK park on my own... I'm not into parks enough to warrant going to Alton on my own or something. Eugh.

FaceYourNemesis

Hyper Poster
I usually go alone (unless I'm attending a meet of some sort). My friends hate theme parks and roller coasters anyway :? I actually love going by myself, as you don't have to follow a group itinerary - you can go on what rides you want, when you want.

herbinator

Mega Poster
I havnt been to a park alone but I'm thinking of trying it. Sounds like I might get a slightly different experience from the day. Maybe not riding everything once and just riding the good stuff a few times. I'm defiantly going to try it.