What's new

Glenwood Caverns | Defiance | Gerstlauer Euro-Fighter | 2022

Christian

Hyper Poster
Can someone help me here. Why would parks choose euro fighters when there are 2 row infinity coasters? Are they cheaper or something?

Indy

Hyper Poster
Can someone help me here. Why would parks choose euro fighters when there are 2 row infinity coasters? Are they cheaper or something?
Infinity trains are a little bit bigger, which will make them more expensive. It also means they can't do quite as tight of maneuvers as the Eurofighters. So, if a park is particularly concerned about space constraints, then it might make more sense to go with a Eurofighter.

Indy

Hyper Poster
Okay, but way do the even newer coasters Vertika and TMNT Shellraiser again have OTSR's?
That's a great question. Shellraiser is probably mostly due to the fact that it's a clone of a ride that was developed prior to the lap bar trains. Therefore, it's cheaper and easier to simply buy the off-the-shelf product rather than re-evaluate the dynamics and clearance envelope for the entire ride and potentially have to alter the structure/layout as a result. It also might have to do with the timing of when the ride was purchased. American Dream has been in development for a long time and some of these rides were purchased several years before the park ever opened.

As for Vertika, I honestly have no idea. I've always found it perplexing, much in the same way that I find Glenwood's decision to be a little perplexing.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Okay, but way do the even newer coasters Vertika and TMNT Shellraiser again have OTSR's?
Vertika was a park request for OTSRs, TMNT is because there isn't enough space under the trains for the hydraulic cylinders used to lock the lapbars due to the coaster having both a lift hill and a launch - there are only so many components the underside of a train can fit so OTSRs were used as the hydraulic cylinders are located in the seat backs.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Yeah, these definitely appear to be a new variant of Gerst restraints. Can’t decide if they’re OTSR Lap bars or just simply very roomy OTSR’s.
E88E1B05-0C41-4A6E-B4A7-A9ACA40B4D6B.jpeg
F596194E-371F-403E-AFF1-5273E53591DE.jpeg
Major difference between these and the last Gerst OTSR eurofighters (Vertika);
91C750E8-B953-444A-AD19-107E6DAE86B1.jpeg

Dar

Hyper Poster
I adore the fact that the restraint type is the most interesting thing about the testing footage!

It doesn't seem to do anything special, and what it does do will probably be irritatingly rattley within weeks

Ethan

Strata Poster
Yeah, these definitely appear to be a new variant of Gerst restraints. Can’t decide if they’re OTSR Lap bars or just simply very roomy OTSR’s.
I'm classing these as OTSRs for sure. Looks like there's the same potential for some signature Gerst hangbanging as there is on their old Eurofighter trains, at least from what I can see.