What's new

Glenwood Caverns | Defiance | Gerstlauer Euro-Fighter | 2022

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Oh, well in that case I take it all back. It's obviously a piece of piss getting cranes and coasters to the top of mountains... as long as you're not starting from sea level. 🙄
Also, don't forget that not starting from sea level means that snow has zero effect on traction. Essentially just the same as building the coaster at a rest stop on the highway.

;)

Ethan

Strata Poster
The height difference between the lift entrance and the pull out is so goofy looking I love it haha, but what a view!

Rupert

Mega Poster
It looks great, but I almost feel it’d work better without the beyond-vertical drop, or even a normally-inclined one to make the most of the view. I guess you can contemplate the view on the lift up at least before all hell breaks loose :D

Indy

Hyper Poster
Glad to finally see this thing go vertical! It really snuck up. They have a long way to go though. I'm curious when they expect this to open.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
So I think that this structure supporting the lift hill and approaching track is pretty cool, totally wasn't seen in the NoLimits renders;
Screen Shot 2022-05-13 at 7.34.58 PM.png

It allows easy access to the mechanics for maintenance, and is probably easier to work with than catwalks and coaster supports on that bit of terrain. Judging by that photo in March, this was also the first part of the coaster to go up. Did not notice it until now;
Screen Shot 2022-05-13 at 7.39.06 PM.png

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Quintuple post, I'm exceedingly unapologetic though. Defiance progress photos have been scarce but the next holy grail has surfaced on Reddit and really puts the difficult construction process into perspective. Will attach the images below and make some observations;
  • Image #1; Whatever hardware isn't needed within the immediate timeframe waits it out at ground level.
  • Image #2; They're using a very short 6-wheeler flatbed to haul track and supports up that goat path access road on a need-to basis.
  • Image #4; Up top it's just the one strategically-placed truck-mounted crane that's been up there since early this year and is single-handedly constructing the entire project from its perch. They will need to pull it out however and use something smaller to install the final roll-up inversion and brake run, which is where its situated currently - supports haven't even been put up here yet.
  • Image #5; A small turntable exists within the station platform to transfer trains to the storage track. This will be located directly after the load/unload zone, which means that they can put the cars away without having to run through the track. Judging by the previous image, the maintenance building has taken shape closer to the pathway, where they can easily get the trains out when necessary.

Attachments

• njj700rr32491.jpg
    njj700rr32491.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 109
  • wghx4jpr32491.jpg
    wghx4jpr32491.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 112
  • k4rlhior32491.jpg
    k4rlhior32491.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 97
  • x9y4q6nr32491.jpg
    x9y4q6nr32491.jpg