What's new

Glenwood Caverns | Defiance | Gerstlauer Euro-Fighter | 2022

bmac

Giga Poster
Sad to report that the coaster is indeed fake and was created by someone in the NoLimits Discord. I also wouldn't know why Cedar Point would insist on tearing down their skycoaster for a second time in less than 5 years.

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
If something like this is destined for CP, I can imagine the theme playing on 15 inversions / 150 years some way perhaps? An inversion for every decade!

However, I am really hoping that 15 inversions isn't what this record breaking coaster will be. I love Gerstlauer but The Smiler is AWFUL. It's so repetitive and sickly.

I'd like an even bigger Karnan with Worlds Tallest Backwards Freefall Drop. But that doesn't really roll off the tongue does it! Or Gerst also produce the punchiest launches, Quickest Accelerating Coaster would be something they could easily do and that would be excellent.

Will

Strata Poster
If something like this is destined for CP, I can imagine the theme playing on 15 inversions / 150 years some way perhaps? An inversion for every decade!

However, I am really hoping that 15 inversions isn't what this record breaking coaster will be. I love Gerstlauer but The Smiler is AWFUL. It's so repetitive and sickly.
Not that I'd be rushing to cross the Atlantic for a Gerst anyway, but I'm in total agreement on that one. We REALLY don't need another Smiler.

That record WILL be broken at some point, but hopefully not by them.

Peter Immelmann

Mega Poster
Although CP seems plausible, does the considered spots really count as 'challenging location'? Just because of some little passages build over water or surrounded by other attractions? When I read the announcement for the first time, I was immediately thinking of some hilly terrain or even some spot like Glenwood Caverns. But ok, maybe Ride Entertainment have a bit of a different focus here...

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
*ring ring*

“Hello, Clive Gerstlauer speaking.”

“Clive!! It’s Paul from Cedar Point!!”

“Paul!!!”

“Clive, I must say…. your new concept design that you sent over….”

“….. yes?”

“….. it’s…. It’s absolutely magnificent. We’ve never seen anything like it. After Steel Vengeance… I just didn’t know what we would do next. I mean, you really smashed it out of the park with ‘The Smiler’ but Clive, your new design… this… this is it.”

“Ah, Paul, you’re so kind. I really had to dig deep on this one.”

“Haha… uh yeah…. Umm, Clive…. I know you’re a professional, but I do have to ask…”

“… yes?”

“…you… you didn’t just pull this off your fridge door, did you?”

“What!! Wha…. Noo. No. Wh… why do you say that?”

“Ha! Oh god!! Haha oh no, no real reason Clive, just had to check. Just pulling your leg!! Now…. We build it.”

“Haha Paul you joker… onto my trade secrets!!” *starts sweating*

“Hahaha”

“Hahahhhhahahaha!”

“Uh…Ha. Well, always good to chat Clive!!! Regards to your wife and kids.”

“Speak soon Paul!”

*click*

BPrnBBV.jpg

Hutch

Strata Poster
Sounds like a pretty good follow up to me.
Meant to reply to this sooner, but there's a reason why FireChaser Express is my favorite Gerstlauer... it's actually smooth and doesn't have any awkward transitions.

The inversion record concerns me, because Smiler is more or less trash. Bad restraints, but also super repetitive. Even if this would have lap bars, I still wouldn't be that excited. Dare Devil Dive, despite the lap bars and smoothness, is actually kinda forgettable. Haven't done the newer Infinity models after Smiler, but I haven't heard great things about Hangtime.

I've yet to ride a truly great Gerstlauer, so they tend to me among my least favorite modern manufactures.

emoo

Hyper Poster
Dare Devil Dive, despite the lap bars and smoothness, is actually kinda forgettable.

I'd forgotten about the lap bars. DDD was a distraction from the many other things at the park I was looking forward to, maybe its more useful to the locals for some variety.

While Gerst can do great things and even produce a spot on inversion, there is the likelihood that something will have that 'thing' about it. Their smaller scale rides are a better rounded experience, and the theming a park adds helps a lot. When bloating to 15 upside downs with the park that made Disaster Transport, its just not the best odds.

The record would be fitting for Cedar Point, as would something a bit different. But any concerns are valid due to prior experiences.

Can you imagine the scaffolding though!? Is that the theme, always building rollercoasters with one constantly under construction?

Last edited:

STMOE

Roller Poster
....Haven't done the newer Infinity models after Smiler, but I haven't heard great things about Hangtime.

I've yet to ride a truly great Gerstlauer, so they tend to me among my least favorite modern manufactures.
The combination of record breaking and gerstlauer, ending up producing a great top 20 ride is probably not going to happen. Although I was positively surprised by gold rush at slagharen. Solid fun ride imo. And there are quite a lot of karnan fans that think this is the greatest german ride. But somehow there is still a gap between gerst and big thrill rides from Mack, Intamin, RMC and B&M.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
We're now in August and have heard no rumours, seen no signs of construction and there is little to no evidence pointing at a specific park this coaster is going to. Is it not a little strange that we haven't heard ANYTHING about this project recently? Cause surely they need to be starting construction/land clearing soon wherever this is going if they want to open it next year, given it's meant to be record-breaking?

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
We're now in August and have heard no rumours, seen no signs of construction and there is little to no evidence pointing at a specific park this coaster is going to. Is it not a little strange that we haven't heard ANYTHING about this project recently? Cause surely they need to be starting construction/land clearing soon wherever this is going if they want to open it next year, given it's meant to be record-breaking?
Actually, I can change that for you...
IMG_6884.JPG

ACE conference event at the park from August 20-22, I suspect that this is our culprit. Gotta credit Coaster Hour for the info. Source; https://www.aceonline.org/events/EventDetails.aspx?id=1392721&group=