What's new

Gigs 'n' Tours

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
I'm going to see Republica and Space in Newcastle next March. Republica were great the last time I saw them, so I'm really looking forward to seeing them again, and I suspect Space will be quite enjoyable live.

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
Went to see Avenged Sevenfold last night! The support was Avatar who were awesome! Then 5 Fingered Death Punch who were good! Then the main act who were incredible!

peep

CF Legend
Apparently I forgot to mention about Kyary Pamyu Pamyu back in April. She was amazing, J-Pop craziness at it's best. There was a dancing bear at one point and everything. The songs are awesome and catchy and the crowd were fantastic.

Still obsessed with everything Japanese Babymetal became a viral sensation earlier in the year and soon afterwards announced a World tour. They played Sonisphere on Saturday (so wanted to be there, Maiden with a full on WWI aerial battle re-creation <3 ) and then last night played London's Forum.

It was incredible, the crowd were mainly metalheads and straight from the word go the crowd was absolutely insane. We were pretty much standing in the mosh pit at times which was a concern but also awesome. They have some great tunes and they really got everyone going. The gig even started with this massive introduction video made of so much win, they reference loads of famous Metal bands and everyone went bat-sh*t crazy at the awesomeness of it all. Videos have already started popping up online, I feel like this one gives a good gist of the audience and I can be seen for a brief second standing at the back of the mosh pit filming it and wetting myself laughing at the chaos ensuing in front of me.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wsoFu6Ao_c[/youtube]

jj23w

Hyper Poster
I went to wireless festival on Saturday it was amazing saw Knife Party they are amazing along with labrinth and B.O.B.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
If you're on my Facebook, you may have noticed me mentioning that I went to see Kate Bush last night.

Some context: I've been a huge fan of hers, bordering on obsessive, for the last 20 years. She rarely does interviews - nothing on TV since the '90s - and also hasn't appeared to promote albums etc. since then. She's totally shunned the media and pretty much hidden away for decades, while occasionally releasing albums that she's refused to promote. The last time she did a concert was in 1979, the year before I was born. Basically, the idea of EVER seeing her live was just never going to happen. Then, in March, totally out of the blue she announced her first shows for 35 years.

Anyway, despite me being a huge fan, I'm going to try and look at the show objectively. Part of me was worried that after so long, the expectations could never be matched.

She was **** phenomenal.

She started with a few random tracks, including Hounds of Love and Running Up That Hill, before moving onto a fully-staged theatrical presentation of one of her concept albums. It was stunning. The whole thing looked incredible, she sounded incredible. It was stunning in every way.

After an interval, she performed another whole album in its entirety, again with stunning sets and lighting, and then finished off with an encore of Cloudbusting.

She's 56, hasn't done a show since she was 21, and presented a 3 hour show which is going to go down in history as one of the most innovative performances ever.

It was **** ing PERFECTION.

davidm

Strata Poster
furie said:
Yes, tonight in fact

10378006_10152387329187504_8223693858481897797_n.jpg

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I'm confused now. Did you see Kate, Roger Daltry or Rick Wakeman???

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Did Roger do any of his great hits like "The wheels on the bus", "Whole foods" or the ground breaking "Tune it up"?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Xm7ZcU3dUs[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5147Zgo3YPQ[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9MNRo05yEs[/youtube]

3Dimensions

Mega Poster
Sorry for restarting an old topic but I'm seeing Muse next Sunday, absolutely tiny venue so I bet it will be stunning. Only the second time that I will have seen them (that being at the Emirates Stadium two years ago). Really hoping for some older tracks such as Fillip and Fury as well as some others that I haven't heard yet such as Hysteria and Stockholm Syndrome.

Literally stunned when I got tickets, managed to get them in the fan pre sale. A little less expensive than their last tour too which is great. Heard their newest song (Psycho) and I adore it, the drill sergeant samples are a bit annoying though.

peep

CF Legend
Ah nice. I'm not sure I like their new track, might grow on me though.

I also saw them at the Emirates (was that really two years ago!!) and it was awesome. Hope this gig is great, enjoy it!

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I'm going to see Katy Perry in a few weeks.

I don't even really like Katy Perry that much, and from what I've seen of her before, she can't sing live for s**t.

I've heard she actually puts on a decent show though, and it should be a good laugh with friends if nothing else.

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
Went and saw McBusted on Sunday night in Manchester (Was Reb's Christmas present). First of all the support acts. 2 bands I have never heard of.

Symmetry - From LA, they were okay, not brilliant.

New City Kings - Really good, looking at going to see them on their own tour.

McBusted - So the main event, this is the follow on from their tour last year. Before they played, they were playing 80's/90's movie trailers which was awesome.

So when they came on, it was a arcade machine, which was a awesome set design. We were around 20 rows from the front, but was a excellent view anyway. Overall show was excellent, and they had a stage in the middle of the arena which was only 6 rows away from us, and great to see them up close, so screw them that brought the expensive OMFG tickets.

But an awesome night.

3Dimensions

Mega Poster
Going to the Big Weekend on Norwich at the end of the May (for the Saturday), gonna be nice being in my home region for the weekend! Saw that the lineup announcement is tomorrow, obviously hoping for Muse and Foo Fighters, but that probably won't happen.

Update: They are both playing, but I've only got a ticket to see Muse but they're my favourite band so I'm so excited to be seeing them for the third time!

mouse

Giga Poster
gavin said:
If you're on my Facebook, you may have noticed me mentioning that I went to see Kate Bush last night.

Some context: I've been a huge fan of hers, bordering on obsessive, for the last 20 years. She rarely does interviews - nothing on TV since the '90s - and also hasn't appeared to promote albums etc. since then. She's totally shunned the media and pretty much hidden away for decades, while occasionally releasing albums that she's refused to promote. The last time she did a concert was in 1979, the year before I was born. Basically, the idea of EVER seeing her live was just never going to happen. Then, in March, totally out of the blue she announced her first shows for 35 years.

Anyway, despite me being a huge fan, I'm going to try and look at the show objectively. Part of me was worried that after so long, the expectations could never be matched.

She was **** phenomenal.

She started with a few random tracks, including Hounds of Love and Running Up That Hill, before moving onto a fully-staged theatrical presentation of one of her concept albums. It was stunning. The whole thing looked incredible, she sounded incredible. It was stunning in every way.

After an interval, she performed another whole album in its entirety, again with stunning sets and lighting, and then finished off with an encore of Cloudbusting.

She's 56, hasn't done a show since she was 21, and presented a 3 hour show which is going to go down in history as one of the most innovative performances ever.

It was **** ing PERFECTION.
Sorry to bring this up again, but I'm SO JEALOUS.
I **** LOVE Kate Bush.
As in I consider her one of the greatest artists/songwriters of all time, I've literally become obsessive over her the last couple of years.
So thanks gavin for fully introducing me to her, via a certain lip syncing video... :p

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^ She's a genius; plain and simple. Loving the new sig and avatar by the way!

I impulse bought tickets for Mika for early June. I haven't listened to him for ages, but went to see him a couple of years ago and he's such a great performer, so I wouldn't mind seeing him again. We tend to only get really big arena tours over here when it comes to international artists - usually from people I'd never bother going to see, especially as the ticket prices are more expensive here - so it's great to have something a bit more low-key and in a smaller venue.

peep

CF Legend
I saw him years ago too and agree that he just owns the stage. I haven't listened to any of his newer material though.