What's new

GhosterForce | TRIPSDRILL and EUROPA PARK | 4th-6th Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
Spooky season is creeping up! Here is a topic to plan Ghosterforce 2019, which is:

Fri 4th Oct: Trippsdrill
Sat 5th Oct: Europa Park
Sun 6th Oct: Europa Park

Unfortunately I am no longer able to run the Live as I'll be moving to a new city to start a PhD that same week.

So I'm leaving you in the capable hands of @Mysterious Sue

Let the planning commence!

Yes! Thank you for starting this topic! Sorry that you can't make it, but good luck with the move and the PhD!! :)

I wanted to do this live as I am yet to do Europa Park or Tripsdrill. All I have booked so far are flights. I'll be flying out from Gatwick to Stuttgart on the 2nd and back on the evening of the 6th at around 21:00.

The aim is to hire a car, spend the Thursday at Holiday Park (fingers crossed finally get on the spiteful EGF) then join the live :)

Would be really helpful to hear what everyone's plans are for travel/accomodation? :)

I'm off ffrom 3rd to 9th, so should be in for this! There's options for addons too, with stutgart volksfest or even munich Oktoberfest! Holiday park is in that region too.

.Ac.

Mega Poster
At present, I am unlikely to make trip out to Germany due conflicting plans on same weekend but i wish everyone going a good time.

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
I'm considering doing the Live, but will have to see if I can make my remaining annual leave stretch enough to make it happen.

The aim is to hire a car, spend the Thursday at Holiday Park (fingers crossed finally get on the spiteful EGF) then join the live :)

I think I'd be doing something similar if I go. I've got a Plopsa pass that'll still be valid, so it'd be rude not to.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
I'm very excited to be finally organising a CF Live after nearly 10 years of enjoying them from the other side!
Firstly, good luck to Serena on her move and new PhD. I know she's gutted to have to pull out of organising but has taken the decision to ensure the Live goes ahead as planned and to its usual high standard (hopefully).

The parks
A small but select choice of parks takes us to the coaster-filled behemoth that is Europa Park and its quiet, leafy neighbour Tripsdrill - a classic juxtaposition of full-charged adrenaline and....wine tasting.

If you are interested in coming, please like this post and reply below if you are interested in:
- Tripsdill and / or Europa Park
- Europa Park’s evening Halloween event
- a potential car space should one become available
- being a driver

Please do not buy park tickets yet - I will look into getting a discount and update this post when I know more about costs, meet-up times and potential hotels.
Perhaps mods could pin this post to the top of the thread - ta

4th October
To kick things off, we cleanse our pallets at Erlebnispark Tripsdrill which boasts three good-sized Gerstlauers and a Tivoli hidden amongst the greenery. If that's not enough to give you a headache, there's always Vinarium or, Wine Museum: The Ride, which contains Germany's largest collection of wood-spindle presses! Or, for the more concerning CFer, there is a rather interestingly-themed log flume (no spoilers please).

5th/6th October
We will be spending the following two days at Europa Park. No introduction needed, we will aim to tick off all 13 coasters plus a good portion of other attractions, as time allows. As you can imagine, this will be pretty full-on and we all need to be relatively faff-free (least of all me!) to get the most out of the park. Basically, please don't wander off or you will get left behind. There's something for everyone at Europa. Hopefully, we'll be treated to Blue Fire's infamous heartline, Wodan's epic queueline, EuroSat's Moulin Rouge makeover, Silver Star without a trim (please coaster Gods, please), the new kiddie dark ride, and pumpkins (or other decorative gourds) literally everywhere the eye can see.

On the evening of the 5th, there will be the opportunity to go to Europa's Halloween event, Traumatica, which has it's own website - click here.
This is a separate ticketed event so those who don't like scares can easily avoid it. Personally, I can't wait to meet Myra Moon Mistress...

Travel and hotels
Europa Park is easily reachable by public transport. There are regular buses from Ringsheim/Herbolzheim - for the timetable from Europa's website click here (be warned, it is dated 2018). I believe you can get a train from the airport and then connect with this bus. If anyone needs help booking this in either direction, just ask.

Tripsdrill is a little bit more tricky. There are some train stations to the east - I'll look into potential bus/taxi connections for those without cars.
I will be hiring a car myself for the whole trip and will be willing to share costs with 3-4 others (first come, first serve).
If a few others would like to volunteer as drivers for the whole trip that would help make things a hell of a lot easier. Let's see how things develop.

There are several airports in the region (again, there's a list on Europa's website). Ryan Air flies to Karlsruhe so I assume most people will go from there.

Hotels - I'll update when I have some possibles in mind.

Please remember that everyone is responsible for their own park, travel and hotel expenses.

Everyone is welcome. Don't be shy, we are a really sociable, fun group - we were all newbies once!
I'll be putting together some exciting quizzes and silly things so that we all get to mingle and don't get bored in queues.
If you have any questions, post them here or feel free to PM me.

See you there.
Prost!

I'm happy to do some driving although my logistics will be different from the London crew, as I'll be coming from Manchester. Would anyone else be interested in doing Oktoberfest in Munich on the 3rd? Then either driving to Tripsdril the next day or getting a train to Stuttgart or similar and picking up a rental car there. Given the nature of Oktoberfest, it would probably need to be people I've met at lives before or that friends can vouch for as I wouldn’t want to be babysitting someone that couldn’t handle mixing beer with Olympia Looping!

I'm very excited to be finally organising a CF Live after nearly 10 years of enjoying them from the other side!
Firstly, good luck to Serena on her move and new PhD. I know she's gutted to have to pull out of organising but has taken the decision to ensure the Live goes ahead as planned and to its usual high standard (hopefully).

The parks
A small but select choice of parks takes us to the coaster-filled behemoth that is Europa Park and its quiet, leafy neighbour Tripsdrill - a classic juxtaposition of full-charged adrenaline and....wine tasting.

If you are interested in coming, please like this post and reply below if you are interested in:
- Tripsdill and / or Europa Park
- Europa Park’s evening Halloween event
- a potential car space should one become available
- being a driver

Please do not buy park tickets yet - I will look into getting a discount and update this post when I know more about costs, meet-up times and potential hotels.
Perhaps mods could pin this post to the top of the thread - ta

4th October
To kick things off, we cleanse our pallets at Erlebnispark Tripsdrill which boasts three good-sized Gerstlauers and a Tivoli hidden amongst the greenery. If that's not enough to give you a headache, there's always Vinarium or, Wine Museum: The Ride, which contains Germany's largest collection of wood-spindle presses! Or, for the more concerning CFer, there is a rather interestingly-themed log flume (no spoilers please).

5th/6th October
We will be spending the following two days at Europa Park. No introduction needed, we will aim to tick off all 13 coasters plus a good portion of other attractions, as time allows. As you can imagine, this will be pretty full-on and we all need to be relatively faff-free (least of all me!) to get the most out of the park. Basically, please don't wander off or you will get left behind. There's something for everyone at Europa. Hopefully, we'll be treated to Blue Fire's infamous heartline, Wodan's epic queueline, EuroSat's Moulin Rouge makeover, Silver Star without a trim (please coaster Gods, please), the new kiddie dark ride, and pumpkins (or other decorative gourds) literally everywhere the eye can see.

On the evening of the 5th, there will be the opportunity to go to Europa's Halloween event, Traumatica, which has it's own website - click here.
This is a separate ticketed event so those who don't like scares can easily avoid it. Personally, I can't wait to meet Myra Moon Mistress...

Travel and hotels
Europa Park is easily reachable by public transport. There are regular buses from Ringsheim/Herbolzheim - for the timetable from Europa's website click here (be warned, it is dated 2018). I believe you can get a train from the airport and then connect with this bus. If anyone needs help booking this in either direction, just ask.

Tripsdrill is a little bit more tricky. There are some train stations to the east - I'll look into potential bus/taxi connections for those without cars.
I will be hiring a car myself for the whole trip and will be willing to share costs with 3-4 others (first come, first serve).
If a few others would like to volunteer as drivers for the whole trip that would help make things a hell of a lot easier. Let's see how things develop.

There are several airports in the region (again, there's a list on Europa's website). Ryan Air flies to Karlsruhe so I assume most people will go from there.

Hotels - I'll update when I have some possibles in mind.

Please remember that everyone is responsible for their own park, travel and hotel expenses.

Everyone is welcome. Don't be shy, we are a really sociable, fun group - we were all newbies once!
I'll be putting together some exciting quizzes and silly things so that we all get to mingle and don't get bored in queues.
If you have any questions, post them here or feel free to PM me.

See you there.
Prost!
Hi Sue,

Thanks for setting this up in Serena's absence :) You're a star!

As mentioned above I'm intending to do Tripsdrill and Europa Park. I wasn't aware of it before, but I'd love to do the Halloween event too :) I will be hiring a car so I'm happy to drive people, just a little more difficult as I'll be getting there the day before at Holiday Park and I'll also be leaving Europa Park early on the Sunday to get back to the airport. If that does suit anyone though then let me know and you're welcome to a seat :)

I'm happy to do some driving although my logistics will be different from the London crew, as I'll be coming from Manchester. Would anyone else be interested in doing Oktoberfest in Munich on the 3rd? Then either driving to Tripsdril the next day or getting a train to Stuttgart or similar and picking up a rental car there. Given the nature of Oktoberfest, it would probably need to be people I've met at lives before or that friends can vouch for as I wouldn’t want to be babysitting someone that couldn’t handle mixing beer with Olympia Looping!
If EGF hadn't spited me last year I'd absolutely be down, but sadly I need that cred haha. I'm sure we can squeeze in a couple of beers at Europa though provided we're not staying too far ;)

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
for tripsdrill - There is a bus from "bietigheim bissingen" s-bahn station - it's off peak so you'll need to change - bahn.de has route info..

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
I can't book leave just yet, as my boss isn't around to sign off on it, but I reckon I've got just enough free annual leave days to be able to make this happen. I have no idea what I'd be doing regarding flights or ground travel yet, as there are no suitable direct flights from anywhere on my doorstep, so I'll probably wait and see what others are doing before I commit to anything. As previously mentioned, I like the idea of a return trip for EGF before the Live, but the possibility of Oktoberfest also sounds quite appealing as an alternative, and Manchester is a more appealing place to fly from than many of the alternatives.

Like I said, definitely not 100% on this yet, and still really fuzzy on details. If I attend and my schedule matches up with someone with car space, I'd be up for being a passenger. If I can't match up with an existing driver, I may hire a car myself from whatever airport I end up flying into, and if that's the case, I'd probably be fine with having passengers if others are doing the same, but don't count on anything yet.

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
I've managed to book the time off, so I suppose it's time to start looking at specifics.

I suppose the first question is whether anyone other than @Slamming Coastercore is considering doing Holiday Park on Thursday 3rd October, as I may shuffle my plans around a bit to sync up with others who are considering doing the same thing?

Second question: What are people's plans regarding flights and hotels? As usual, there are limited options when it comes to direct flights from "up north" to that area of Germany, so I'm going to have to decide between a halfway convenient flight from up north and hiring my own car on the other end because it won't match up with anyone else, vs. driving down south, booking UK hotels and all the faff that entails to potentially sync up my trip with what other CFers have planned. Either way, I'm going to have to decide one way or another fairly soon so that I can start booking flights and hotels.

I've managed to book the time off, so I suppose it's time to start looking at specifics.

I suppose the first question is whether anyone other than @Slamming Coastercore is considering doing Holiday Park on Thursday 3rd October, as I may shuffle my plans around a bit to sync up with others who are considering doing the same thing?

Second question: What are people's plans regarding flights and hotels? As usual, there are limited options when it comes to direct flights from "up north" to that area of Germany, so I'm going to have to decide between a halfway convenient flight from up north and hiring my own car on the other end because it won't match up with anyone else, vs. driving down south, booking UK hotels and all the faff that entails to potentially sync up my trip with what other CFers have planned. Either way, I'm going to have to decide one way or another fairly soon so that I can start booking flights and hotels.

Sorry to hear about the flights, sounds like a bit of a pain. My flight out of Gatwick is the 18:10 on Wednesday 2nd to Stuttgart and my flight back is on Sunday 6th at 21:10. Don't know if that helps at all, but if you can find a way onto that flight then splitting the car hire/petrol would most certainly something i'd be down for.

Satanspropaganda

Mega Poster
Hi Sue,

Thanks for setting this up in Serena's absence :) You're a star!

As mentioned above I'm intending to do Tripsdrill and Europa Park. I wasn't aware of it before, but I'd love to do the Halloween event too :) I will be hiring a car so I'm happy to drive people, just a little more difficult as I'll be getting there the day before at Holiday Park and I'll also be leaving Europa Park early on the Sunday to get back to the airport. If that does suit anyone though then let me know and you're welcome to a seat :)
Which airport are you flying to and from? I would love to get EGF as well as join in this live, I had such a great time this weekend at Walibi and Bobbejaanland :)

Status
Not open for further replies.