What's new

GF 666: Curse of the Omen - Trip Reports!

Ollie

CF Legend
I may as well begin writing a trip report of sorts.
Sorry for the length and lack of pictures. All photos I took at Thorpe can be found here:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=4 ... 0cda58a472

Thorpe Park:
Was going to take the train but decided to drive instead. Got to the park at around 9:30 and the first thing I realised was how quiet it was. We got out and met with the crowds outside the gate. We asked the woman where we had to go with our ticket confirmation thing and she pointed to a queue behind here to the advance ticket collection. The silly thing was that the actual ticket booths didn't open until 10 so by the time we got to the front of the queue it was already quarter past. To make it worse the woman at the desk said we needed the credit card we used to book the tickets so she could get the last 4 digits. We used our mums credit card to book them so I had to call her at work and get her to tell me what they were. We got our tickets but got in normally just by scanning our annual passes at the gate which makes me wonder if we could of just done that in the first place.

Anyway toilet stop was first in the dome and then we headed over to the meet-up point. Spent a while saying hi to everyone and seeing all the people who wore costumes (fantastic btw except for Steven's). Once everyone had arrived we headed over to Inferno for our first ride. Last year we did the same and the queue was almost 3 hours. This year it was only 15 so we were all gleaming with the idea of a quiet and more relaxed day at the park. Steven provided a good fail in the station when he went to put his bag on the other side of the platform and the staff thought his seat was empty to locked it which meant he got back to a closed seat.:lol: Inferno was actually quite good this time. Usually I get quite dizzy when it ends but I was fine this time. Was nice to see the smoke working again although it was only in the end of the tunnel as the front just dripped water onto you.
After everyone was off we headed over to Det. The queue moved quite quickly and I got talking to Spicy who's really nice. The staff seemed to be enjoying themselves as well and had fun interacting with guests. With the first ride with CF'ers they pretended it was broken at the top and then dropped it when they weren't expecting it and with ours they held it up the top for ages and shouted 'timmbbbrrree' as we plummeted. Great fun.
After this we headed over to the rapids. The queue was full but it moved really quickly as staff were really good at filling every boat. I only just got in ours before if got to the end of the turntable. Az (awesome cossie by the way) got told of by staff for having his brolly up but he put it back up for the tunnel as the water fell from above and soaked everyone.

Once we got off we were met by the sickening site of Steven sitting on a bench in his costume with the bucket of sweets in between his legs.
I think after this we decided to split for lunch. Most opted for KFC. We all brought ours and when Mushroom and Ciall asked us to wait while they picked theirs up we dashed out and over to the fish and chip place where my brother got his lunch. We finished lunch early so just walked around the park. We found Stevens devil willy outside Asylum (which we didn't know at the time) so Peter took it back with us to the meet-up point.
Back outside Loggers most people had already re-grouped. Mark and Jordan began dancing to 5.6.7.8 that was coming out of the nearby speakers.
Only about half the group decided to do Loggers including me. I was at the front of ours and got soaked as it was full of water which all came rushing down and flooded up to my knees. When I came off my shoes, socks and bottom of trousers were soaked and I had to empty the water out of my trainers. Not happy.
After this was Slammer. Even though the queue was short it took ages to get on because the staff were really slow. Also just before we started spinning I noticed my phone was about to slide out of my pocket so I had to grab it and put it in another pocket before we moved. Quite lucky I noticed it.
After Slammer people began tormenting Steven by stealing his trident thing and running away with it passing it between various members. This resulted in it breaking which was funny. :p
I think after this we did Samurai (it may of been before Slammer). The queue for this took about half an hour and I was unlucky and ended up next to goon. Bad times :(

I can't remember exactly what we did but I think after this we went into the Saw plaza and got the group photos done.
Next was Colossus which had quite a fast moving queue as once again the staff were trying to fill every seat. I still really like this coaster. My favourite coaster at Thorpe and that day it seemed to belt round the track really fast. The inline twists at the end were taken at quite a speed.

After this we did Rush which was had hardly any queue followed by Vortex. While queueing for this it began to get dark quickly so we got our first night ride. The queue was hilarious as we made Steven think he had bird **** down his back. Kudos has to go to the general public for playing along as well. :lol:
Also got into some really out of hand conversations and Steven told us how the check up at the hospital after having his blood tested after falling of his bike led to him finding out he had a high sperm count. TMI muchly.
Also Steven spent the whole queue saying how he was going to get the seat that ends up at the top of every swing and how he was going to ask the ride ops to make him sit there. We told him they wouldn't listen to him so we found it hilarious when he ended up on the bottom of every swing.
After Vortex we split for a small tea break before heading to Stealth. I can't remember what we did in this time. I think we just walked around for a bit and got a hot-dog from the diner near Stealth. Once we all met up again Mark announced the costume comp winner before Ian dished out loads of exit passes for Stealth. The queue was only 30 mins but we used them anyway. Stealth in the dark was alright. It's got worse now and the curve into the hill hurts as does the bottom of the drop.
Once we were all of I think we did Saw. This was the longest queue of the day at just over an hour. There were some amusing times in here like AN getting blooded up and Will being called gay by a group of chavy boys who were all wearing pink skirts. The actors were also pretty cool but it would of been nice to see a few more of them or them being more energetic. Also it was nice to see staff dressing up as well on the platform. The ride was actually alot better in the dark. The bathroom scene was actually looking alot better as it was lit well and you could see the body clearer and more detail as you were spun upside down. Still good fun and the actors at the end had a staring contest with AJ which he won. :lol:
After we were all off we had done most rides in the park so Mark called the live to a close as some people were tired and wanted to head off early.
I stayed till park close and went off with my bro, Peter, Ciall and Martyn. First we were deciding what to do as we still had three fastracks left each from opening day. We went over to Inferno first and rode that in the dark. From the lift hill we could see into the arena and saw the Se7en had barely any queue at all so we headed there. Martyn didn't want to do it so sat at the entrance. We got in the queue and got all the way down near the front. But after 10 minutes we hadn't moved at all so decided to leave and go do Stealth. We went to tell Martyn but he had gone from the entrance. We all tried ringing his phone several times but he didn't answer so we went off and rode Stealth again.
On the way back we saw some chavs vaulting the fence and messing around on the trampolines. Ciall grassed them in to two security people who we passed. We laughed as they said they'd sort it out but walked straight into KFC.
After that we went back to Se7ens entrance and Martyn was there again watching the only way in and out of the arena. I snuck up behind him and scared him (I also shouted so loudly other guests screamed as well :lol:) he jumped a mile which we found hilarious (except for him).
we then headed back to Stealth again as Martyn wanted to do it. On the way back we saw the two security people we saw a few moments earlier emerge with KFC meals and we laughed. But then when we walked past the trampolines there were about four security staff there rounding them up and sorting them out which was amusing to watch.
After this I think we decided to do X://No Way Out IN THE DARK!!! (dun dun dun). We got there and there was no queue at all. In fact people were coming out the entrance and we had no idea why. We walked along the corridor inside and a group of girls in front of us went round a corner and then came running back screaming. We went on and there was a live actor there scaring people which I though was great. We congratulated him in keeping the queue short for us and carried onto the station and straight into the car lol.
It was actually pretty light inside and you could see some of the track. After that I can't remember what we did. I think we just headed over to Asylum and got in the queue for that. It moved really quick and we were in in no time. The maze seemed to go on forever and was really disorientating. Although the actors didn't seem as energetic this year. We had a group of chavy people behind us who were fine except they were talking during the brief at the start and at the end with the guy with the chainsaw the let go of the line and ganged round him. We didn't see what happened as we carried on walking out but we heard the chainsaw go and a while after us they came out as well.
On our way out we decided to stop by Colossus as Ciall lost his phone on it earlier.
We then headed out the park where I met my dad and went back to his flat to get some sleep for the next day.

Now I wonder how many people actually read all of that. :p

tks

Strata Poster
I skipped it because it looks boring. PHOTOS. It's not that hard.

@Ian I hope you saw John nearly twat two employees with Melons! He was playing how far can you kick it on the ground. booted it just as two people carrying lightup stuff (i think) walked past. They turned round gave bemused faces and went on their way.

Oh and the woman in the Chicken shop had THE best name second behind RACHEL ADEDEJI. Her name was Olufunmilayo. I kid you not it's on a receipt I just found in my wallet!

OLUFUNMILAYO ADEDEJI.

Slash

Giga Poster
My god, this sounded good... I wish I'd come with you guys! I'll be coming next year, have to find my own transport but I shall try my best to come to Thorpe next year and hopefully Chessie aswell! Other than that, it looks like you all had a great time gooning about.

And what the hell was Steven wearing. Was he surfing satan? The red sperm? The swan lake fiend that was never cast?

Seriously Steven, what were you meant to be?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Whilst waiting by the lake near Vortex, a few of us discussed which Monopoly squares were associated with certain CFers.

Square by square, road by road the monopoly board was defined by different CF characters.

When we got to the browns, it became more about naming the squares in order. Will and Jordan are blessed with a great knowledge of the Monopoly board!

Multiple Monopoly innuendos flew from every direction.

Mark drew my attention to Eclipse's lights, several glow sticks were cracked open and Steven was shat on.

Brilliant!

AJ

Giga Poster
Ollie said:
There were some amusing times in here like AN

This AN, he sounds like a MIGHTY fine fellow!

AND, just so i don't sound completely incapable :p, I did my own blood on my own because everyone REFUSED to touch the blood with their hands!!!

[Apart from Brad, who groped my breast to create a lovely hand mark =D]

Oh another amusing point, Steven claimed to be a better dancer then me... Marc suggested a dance off.... Steven wanted to dance to some sort of heavy metal song i believe, to which the members in the Vortex queueline looked VERY un-amused.
There was no dance off... Well, steven suggested one later at thorpe by stealth when it was SILENT.... Yes.... he is very silly.

Beans

Hyper Poster
The one memory I will bring home from Chessie is Burger King and the stick I got all afternoon from Mark and Ewan about row 4 & 5 on Inferno, especially from Ewan, won't be ordering from there in a hurry again. LOL

Great report Rach and beutiful pics.

Ollie

CF Legend
We had an idea to all sit on one side of the boat on Bubbleworks and see how far we could tip it.
Here's how we got on... :p

Going...
13041_295834300153_551980153_9677066_879458_n.jpg

Going...
13041_295834315153_551980153_9677067_7379746_n.jpg

Bit further...
13041_295834345153_551980153_9677068_7696483_n.jpg

GONE!!! (water overlapped the edge as boat behind hit us and tipped us further)
12736_1266687344368_1145311439_839072_4823122_n.jpg

Is that a CF first? :p

Tom

Hyper Poster
^ Absolutely not...Me, Rich, Neal and Jordan were ahead of you and we sunk our boat. And we soaked all of the people in the boat behind for creating the wave the sunk us.

Ahhh, good times!

Beans

Hyper Poster
Double Whopper, I feel I may have underestimated how big it would be, thanks Brad.

Made me look like a right big piggy

Mark

Strata Poster
^Swap in Row 4 please, swap in row 4!!!

Well, I have now got a somewhat stable-ish internet connection and a rotten stinking cold which has been building up alllll week. Enough to say a little bit, not enough for pictures to be uploaded. Oh well, we can drag the excitement and trip reportage out a little then!

Anyways, Thorpe was astounding and I am so chuffed that it was more the park I loved back in the days of the Wardley Weekender and the early GFs. Keep the pre-book scheme I say! I will be writing an email of massive thanks and praise for the day at Thorpe too. Will post a response, should I recieve one. We are quick enough to complain when they get it wrong, so it is only fair we praise when it is due.

Favourite moments of Thorpe... (At the moment)
*** Our ride count. Rush (pre-meet-up), Inferno, Det, Rapids, Loggers, Slammer, Samurai, Collosus, Rush, Vortex, Stealth and Saw. Certianly the best in recent years!

*** AtoZ/Celeb games in the rapids queue. We even got members of the public joining in!

***The costumes. Awesome that even Stone Cold joined in! That should be noted by the rest of you!

***Seeing all my best friends again.

***Becoming scare actors in the queue with Big John and AJ. You are scum you worthless lump of worm dung....

There are countless more and I have no doubt that when I get the chance to view more photos memories will flood in.

This day reminded me why I love organising GF so much. So thank you to all. <3

Can I just say a huge thanks (for the ones I have seen so far) for some amazing costume photos of both me... Was my favourite costume ever and I really got into it. Not bad considering I didnt even start it till the Friday before the event... and of course, everyone else. Let us hope we see even more costumes in future.

Anyways, after the events of the lodge, which I am not going into as it is not the CFLive, many people were suffering from hangovers on arrival to CWoA. HAH, self inflicted and we shall make it worse. First by spiinning rides on Seastorm and then with ridiculous music in Bubbleworks.

The first half of the day seemed as though people were still finding their legs and some form of energy reserve. Thankfully this all changed with the Tomb Blaster times.

Glowsticks was major awesomeness. Excellent job Ian. <3

I have no idea what spurred on the singing from Rattlesnake onwards but I liked, sorry, <3 it! Was amazing fun, even if my throat has been totally trashed since! I think we covered the majority of a night at G.A.Y and some butch bits too. Was mega good fun and good to see everyone joining in.

Oh Adediji how we all love your name. Was good fun and this really took off on Rameses and the pirate ship...

As always the CF shout battle was awesome with a complete boat of load glowstick wearing loudness and then we chucked in the Adediji and some rather off colour (yet highly amusing) references to celebrities lost this year....

The epic singing continued into the Vampire queue with even more epic songs. Bohemian Rhapsody awesomeness even without the Lee Evans dance to accopmany it. Bat out of Hell was also awesome, even if very few knew the verses LMAO.

Thanks to everyone for making me feel revitalised and for a great couple of days. Bring on the 2010 season!!!

PS. Photos as soon as possible...

SAW_gameover

Mega Poster
Ollie said:
We walked along the corridor inside and a group of girls in front of us went round a corner and then came running back screaming. We went on and there was a live actor there scaring people which I though was great. We congratulated him in keeping the queue short for us and carried onto the station and straight into the car

HAHAA that was no actor, that was my brothers mate scaring everyone. We had such a fun time seeing everyone **** themselves! We then moved to the exit to scare people and the bag handlers told us that the ride op was too scared to leave through the exit and he needed the toilet!! And he was a 20 oddyr old guy!

AJ

Giga Poster
Just checked the website about my contact lenses...

"How long can I use your contact lenses for?
Our contact lenses can be worn for up to 8 hours at a time."

Oops....

Steven

Giga Poster
You can get them in any good contact lens provider or off the internet. U.K. ones go upto -4.00/-4.25 in the states upto -8. Plaino are for people who do not need corrections.

marc

CF Legend
Beans said:
The one memory I will bring home from Chessie is Burger King and the stick I got all afternoon from Mark and Ewan about row 4 & 5 on Inferno, especially from Ewan, won't be ordering from there in a hurry again. LOL

Great report Rach and beutiful pics.

LOL that burger was huge, I did warn you :)

AJ

Giga Poster
King Goon said:
You can get them in any good contact lens provider or off the internet. U.K. ones go upto -4.00/-4.25 in the states upto -8. Plaino are for people who do not need corrections.

Shut the **** up.

Ollie, it's an online shop, i only find it when i google "coloured contacts" haha, i'll have a look for you, if iforget, just google coloured contacts :p

Steven

Giga Poster
I wear normal ones, I done the research on coloured because I wanted some this year but too expensive.

Steven

Giga Poster
Double Post :roll: Sorry

Thorpe highlights

Saw 8x lots of rides.
Costumes.
Talk with mushy at the end.

Lowlights

None.

Chessington highlights

Furie 2 goes + 1 extra at end (Does it count as ERT?)
Just chilling
Scaring the ride operator on Tomb Blaster.
Having Fun with everyone and ride operators.

Lowlights

None