What's new

Getting Ink Done

Tomatron

Giga Poster
Sorry if the pics are a little ****ty, my camera ain't playing ball so I took the following snaps off my phone.

As a few of you know, I'm pretty intent on getting a substantial amount of my body tattooed, and today I was gonna get a new piece added to add to the first one I got a good few months back.

bluebloodtattoo.jpg

This is the studio I get my work done at. It's run by my friend Matt (who is away on holiday this week), my long time best friend Polly (she does my art) and they have an assistant who goes by the name of Bailey. He makes great cups of coffee, and has been learning the ropes and is beginning to do some tattoos himself.

tattoo2h.jpg

Here's the reception/waiting area where you chill out before going into the main studio itself.

bailey1x.jpg

Bailey is manning the front desk, to greet the clients and keep out the hoodlums.

polly1o.jpg

In the main studio area, Polly prepares the bed that I'll be lying on.

tattoo2f.jpg

And here's one bed ready for some hot needle action.

The next step involves creating a stencil of the art that's gonna get inked, and putting it onto carbon print so that the lines are printed onto the bit of the body that will be worked on. Please pardon the mesma-stare

tattoo2e.jpg

With that then placed onto the desired body part, Polly can then get on with tattooing the outlines of the piece. After about 45 mins and a bit of shading, my arm looked like this.

tattoo2d.jpg

If you were wondering, yes it does hurt. But it's not an unbearable pain. More like a heavy scratching. And it changes depending on what part of the body is getting tattooed. The parts where your skin is thinner and closer to the bone will feel more susceptible to the needle going in. But after having my appendix out and suffering constant muscle spasms for 48 hours the pain of getting tattooed is nothing compared to that.

tattoo2c.jpg

Despite my concern about the proximity of the arse of the man behind me, I was reassured that he had not eaten a curry the previous night, so I didn't have to worry about choking.

That said, he was there to drill into the wall and fit some coat hooks in the back room while I was being tattooed. The sound of a Black and Decker drill burying its way into plasterboard ensured a good few minutes of laughter from myself, as I resisted the connection between the drill and the wall to the needle and my arm.

tattoo2g.jpg

And this is my crotch. I shall expect a witty reposte from Will along the lines of "do not want", or "not a fun game".

tattoo2bs.jpg

My grimace indicates that this bit was a tad uncomfortable.

But it's all worth it in the end, and here's what we ended up with today after a couple of hours.

tattoo2h.jpg

There's still a little bit to finish off where some more colour needs to be added, but I'll be back again in a couple of weeks to have that done.

All in all, a good day's ink.

Thanks to Polly for the awesome art and tattoo skillz. She is a legend.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Tattoos aren't my thing, but if you're happy with it, then well done! Nice little advert for your mate's studio as well :p

I've yet to be inked, surprisingly (don't really dig tattoos as much as I do piercings as you guys might be able to tell).. But, your tattoo is pretty cool! A bit bit for my liking and bigger than anything I'd ever get if I got one, but it looks good on you. Is it going to be an entire sleeve when it's done?

Ollie

CF Legend
I don't really like tattoos or the idea that they're there for life. But I guess if the person wants one and likes it then good on them. :)

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster
Awesome tattoo! I like it very much. I personaly realy want a tattoo but I am too young and I also want to find something meaningfull to me yet pretty. By the way your friend is very tallented!