What's new

GCI Titan Track Conversion

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
To be fair, Mine Blower isn't in Orlando.

also, the extended track work for WL was the turnaround, its not the new steel track stuff but it did get new wood retracking and running rail.

Last edited:

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
An article about this "Titan Track" has surfaced online, only accessible from the US though.

Screenshot_20201108-204537_Instagram.jpg

SmartSelect_20201108-205302_Chrome.jpg

Seems Six Flags have already bought one then? Also 3 potential GCIs in Europe is intriguing....

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Kind of suggests SF haven't bought one for Predator just yet. it says thay they have 4 signed off projects 1 in Dubai, 2 in China, 1 in Vietnam. Then states the 2 for the USA (and 8 for China and 3 for Europe) are just proposals. So doesn't sound like SF have bought anything for Darien Lake just yet as it's still in proposal.

An article about this "Titan Track" has surfaced online, only accessible from the US though.

Screenshot_20201108-204537_Instagram.jpg

SmartSelect_20201108-205302_Chrome.jpg

Also 3 potential GCIs in Europe is intriguing....
I think because the UK doesn't count in Europe anymore then Thorpe or Paultons isn't included ahaha ? Maybe it could be some smaller theme parks making significant investments

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
I think because the UK doesn't count in Europe anymore then Thorpe or Paultons isn't included ahaha ? Maybe it could be some smaller theme parks making significant investments
Could be a retrack of problem areas...

saying no names, Big Bob...

Almost certain they’d offer this as a fix at a very reasonable price, as Merlin will be in communication with them over the issues with the ride.

Could be a retrack of problem areas...

saying no names, Big Bob...

Almost certain they’d offer this as a fix at a very reasonable price, as Merlin will be in communication with them over the issues with the ride.
Yh absolutely agree. But tbf even if there's one new project in there I don't know where it would go but I think it almost certainly boosts the unsure aspirations of Thorpe Park fans on the GCI Bandwagon aha ?

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Expanding topic as broader "Titan Track" discussion.

I'm most keen if Cedar Fair bites at all on this. They remain stubborn on working most closely with GCI (a la retrack of Ghostrider, 540 helix removal on Timberwolf) rather than checking immediately into RMC. Would be curious if GCI could sell them on Titan Track, as they absolutely have a few coasters that would greatly benefit (Hurler, Carowinds; Grizzlies, etc.)

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
To expand on the Darien Lake part, It's likely retracking the helix turnaround (at 43 seconds) and potentially the hill immediately before and after. That has consistently been the roughest portion of the ride despite it being retracked frequently.

Sadly this also likely means SF isn't planning to RMC it and thats a bummer for us local enthusiasts.

If you think Flamingo are getting a GCI you need a lie down in a dark room immediately
Tbh Flamingo Land is the most unlikeliest of options but it is only cause apart from Thorpe, there's no other UK options. Alton Towers can retrack sections of Wickerman, Blackpool Pleasure Beach can't remove any of their listed woodies and other parks can't afford a GCI from scratch. Paultons Park maybe but where would it go? Other than that, Megafobia retrack? Thats it

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Tbh Flamingo Land is the most unlikeliest of options but it is only cause apart from Thorpe, there's no other UK options. Alton Towers can retrack sections of Wickerman, Blackpool Pleasure Beach can't remove any of their listed woodies and other parks can't afford a GCI from scratch. Paultons Park maybe but where would it go? Other than that, Megafobia retrack? Thats it
Lol Paulton's virtually has more room than most of the UK theme parks except Alton. They could easily fit one. Not that they will though.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Well I called where the retrack was, Hopefully its all of the death turn. Will probably be riding it memorial day weekend (if it's open...) when I go to process my pass.
Death turn hurts my arm, needed fixing. Looks like it’s all been covered though. This video was posted a few days ago when the track was first spotted;

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Death turn hurts my arm, needed fixing. Looks like it’s all been covered though. This video was posted a few days ago when the track was first spotted;
this video doesn't show me the valley at the end of the curve definitively which is why i said that. That valley is a large part of what makes it so brutal.