What's new

GCI Create a Wooden Shuttle Concept

Lofty

CF Legend
Well, it seems that GCI have created a shuttle coaster for their current line-up. I'm guessing this is just in t,e for the IAAPA event in terms of marketing it.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xg4YsOxZiAM[/youtube]

Apologies if this was posted elsewhere, I can't seem to see any in any topic.

peep

CF Legend
That looks quite fun. I suppose this would be a good addition for a small family park. Hopefully we'll find out more info as IAPPA goes on (has it started yet?)

bmac

Giga Poster
Looks cute, definitely a welcome addition to the smaller parks who feel like taking that first or second leap into the coaster market.

As for the rock music, yuck.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
A great concept certain to reinforce their market presence. The layout looks decent, although I can envisage many parks opting for a custom design...as usual.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Funky.

Not the biggest design, but stills a cool concept. They're even still able to work in a station fly through. I'd be interested as to what types of parks would consider an attraction of this caliber.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
It just looks a bit pointless to me. It seems like more of a "look at what we could do" sort of thing than an actual product I can see them pushing.

I can't see any parks going for it when there are those Vekoma kiddy shuttle things available, which I'd hazard a guess at being cheaper anyway, especially when you factor in maintenance costs of wooden coasters.

I'd like to be proven wrong for the sake of seeing something new and different, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Maybe Drayton Manor will get one!

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^I think it would be better suited to (insert closest park to house here). They really need a new family coaster, and this would really get them noticed!

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Here is the model that they have at IAAPA.

tumblr_mdfu4ivG9g1qh5vtfo1_1280.jpg

Martyn B

CF Legend
Just seems pointless to me. It just doesn't really do anything.

And it takes up quite a bit of space considering its basically a figure 8 layout.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I hate the "great for small parks" logic.

It's like a death sentence. What happens when the park potentially progresses to a size where capacity is an issue?

I mean, not like half the world's parks care, but...

I think it looks pointless too.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
And how many of those boomerangs are either at parks with multiple other rides and only serve as minor attractions, or are major attractions with stupidly long queues?

marc

CF Legend
All I can say is why?

Anyone going for a woodie should just get a normal one.

Knowing our luck we will end up with this in the uk lol.

I just don't see the point tbh. They seem to bring out new models and not actually ever sell them.

reddude333

Giga Poster
Haha! A junior boomerang woodie. Can honestly say I never saw that one coming. I think it looks quaint and I would definitely ride it if I was ever in a park with one, but yeah, it is odd. Seems like it would be dirt cheap though. Anyone know the potential height of one of these?