What's new

Gardaland 2013 Dark Ride

Ethan

Strata Poster
Not sure if this has been mentioned but Gardaland are getting a Sub-Terra style attraction in 2013!

MerlinMania Forum said:
-Gardaland were working with ABC rides to design an indoor drop tower attraction for 2013.
-Alton Towers were planning on using the same ride system in the Black Hole tent for 2012.
-The original plans for SW7 weren't ready in time, SW7 back-up plan was used, therefore the Drop tower ride had to be moved.
-There was no room elsewhere in X Sector for the ride, meaning the detailed plans towers had, had to be dropped.
-Towers took the half completed plans for Genetix, and put it in FV. (Sub-Terra). This is why Sub-Terra is so incomplete.
-Gardaland plan to open the original in 2013 as planned.

So basically Sub-Terra is (possibly) just a draft version of Genetix, created from half completed plans.

And there's a website with comics etc...

http://www.gardalandraptor.it/fumetto/

peep

CF Legend
Yeah I'd heard rumours of this a little while back but it was just fan chatter and wasn't sure if it was going ahead but I've read it too many times for it not to be happening imho. They recently released like a comic book story thing to try and help build the story up for it too which is cool.

spicy

Giga Poster
That sounds extremely far fetched, I doubt Sub-Terra was created from "half completed" plans of a Gardaland attraction.

Surprised Gardaland are adding this though given the general negative reaction that Sub-Terra has received. This would be cool if it was Raptor themed though.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I'm happy to be proven wrong, but I'm not buying for a second that the Black Hole tent was the original site for a larger-scale version of Sub Terra. The site is pretty big, way bigger an area than that type of attraction needs, and no park in their right mind would throw away valuable space like that, especially somewhere like Alton where planning is a nightmare.

They would've got some kind of two-ride deal with ABC. Simple as that. I haven't ridden Sub Terra, so I shouldn't really judge, but let's just say this news doesn't have me rushing off to buy plane tickets.

Lofty

CF Legend
Hahaha. This made me piss a little bit;

-The original plans for SW7 weren't ready in time, SW7 back-up plan was used, therefore the Drop tower ride had to be moved.

Yes, I believe that, for a second, no, actually, that's going a bit too far.

gavin said:
They would've got some kind of two-ride deal with ABC. Simple as that. I haven't ridden Sub Terra, so I shouldn't really judge, but let's just say this news doesn't have me rushing off to buy plane tickets.
If you mean Merlin, they've got a FAR better deal then that. They've now got 8 of those ABC Towers (4 included for Sub Terra, the other 4 for Dungeons Attractions). They MUST have done a deal.

FaceYourNemesis

Hyper Poster
I wondered this myself actually, but I've read on another site that Genetix will simply be a series of comics to back up the Raptor ride.

Lofty

CF Legend
FaceYourNemesis said:
I wondered this myself actually, but I've read on another site that Genetix will simply be a series of comics to back up the Raptor ride.
That's all I've heard too, I can't remember where for the life of me. But I heard it was just a new piece of Media that compliments the ride.