What's new

Gaming Recommendations

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
Since all this lock down business is happening. Anyone have some gaming recommendations. Recently I completed the main story of Celeste, bloody incredible game, frustrating but awesome! Also has an incredible soundtrack too! Did it on a live stream (Which I am doing 10am uk time till 12pm at the moment at
). Anyone got some suggestions which other people might like playing?

This was part 1 of my Celeste playthrough:

Hutch

Strata Poster
I love Celeste so much. Probably my favorite platformer I've ever done? It's incredible to have a game with that kind of art style have such a touching story. Definitely one of the hardest games I've played as well. I put a good 40 hours into it playing through all the B-sides and a few of the C-sides. I finally yielded halfway through the DLC level though a few months ago though, was ready to move on at that point. Can't wait to see what else the developer does. I'm a big fan of their other game Towerfall, one of the best couch multiplayer games imo.

In terms of what I'm focusing on now, well, the release of Animal Crossing: New Horizons timed perfectly with all this isolation... that'll keep me busy for months.

I also picked up Assassin's Creed: Black Flag a couple weeks ago. Actually never played an AC game before, but this one was always on my radar. Pretty good stuff so far, I think the mix of pirate adventure and stealth/combat situations keep the gameplay pretty interesting.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Oh boy, where to begin...

Just picked up a Switch last week, which was a ****ing nightmare to find, so elected to pick up Pokemon Shield with it. I was very critical of lack of national dex, but I really am loving the game so far. The wild area is what I hope the games transition to in the future.

World of Warships - Yeah, this game is ****ing fun and eats up most of what should be my sleeping hours. So much fun.

Cities Skylines - If I'm not playing the two above, it's this, and a lot of it. Once I finally got a PC that could run it, I've been balls to the walls. Steam tracks the hours but we aren't going to talk about that.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
I'm currently working through We Happy Few. Which is really interesting and pretty original if somewhat flawed as well. I'm enjoying it though.

Last week I worked my way through Rime which was gorgeous and has one of the most beautiful soundtracks I've come across. The emotional impact and general themes are pretty heartbreaking at times too.

And since epic have been giving away World War Z for free we've had some good Co op evenings working our way through that.

I would say they are all flawed games in their own ways but I've enjoyed each one.

Oh and when there's nothing else to do I still kick around building new custom rides for open rct. Just this week designed a working Falcons Fury and made an X-car train that can reverse and have proper launched backwards sections.

Last ps4 game I finished was days gone, which was really good and way longer than I expected - plus it kind of feels appropriate for the post apocalyptic world we're currently in.

Other then that on PC if your lucky enough to have a VR setup then half life: Alyx is amazing and at times terrifying!

Greedfall is another good one I've been working my way through on PC, well worth the asking price.

Oh, and two point hospital has a load of DLC now and is good chill fun.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Wondered if anybody else is playing Elden Ring?

It's quite possibly the best 'triple A' title I've picked up in a long time, and by far the most challenging (in all the best ways.)

Already into it by about 11 hours since Friday night, and just can't put it down.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Yes.
I have died.
A lot.
Are you enjoying it though?

In an almost masochistic kind of way, I really enjoy the challenge, it's quite a rush when you finally beat that boss at the 20th attempt.

The levelling system is a bit weird, actual character levels seem to provide very little improvement, they're more about opening the doors to using better items / spells etc. Levelling up items / spells / summons seems to be the best way to make yourself stronger.

davidm

Strata Poster
I'm a noob to it all really. Don't fight things seems the way to go - grab item, run away quickly. Get horse ; ride away more quicker-ly.

(I've cheated now though by watching a YT on where to get some early "power-up"s so now not dying quite so often as before)

Skyye

Mega Poster
Hmm, lets see what i have...

- Halo Infinite, however I don't have the campaign
- Titanfall 2
- Apex Legends
- VALORANT

I haven't gotten elden ring yet but I'm gonna take a look when I get home

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Hmm, lets see what i have...

- Halo Infinite, however I don't have the campaign
- Titanfall 2
- Apex Legends
- VALORANT

I haven't gotten elden ring yet but I'm gonna take a look when I get home
I got onto the Valorant Beta a long time before launch, was bored of it by launch... Also wasn't best impressed when I found out that vanguard is essentially a root kit... Not sure I trust any game developer with that much access, regardless of how many times they tell us to 'trust them!!!'

Skyye

Mega Poster
Also wasn't best impressed when I found out that vanguard is essentially a root kit... Not sure I trust any game developer with that much access, regardless of how many times they tell us to 'trust them!!!'
I have a feeling you've talked about this before lol. However, it works a whole lot better than whatever anti-cheat Apex Legends has...

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
I have a feeling you've talked about this before lol. However, it works a whole lot better than whatever anti-cheat Apex Legends has...
Give me EAC any day… May not ‘catch all’ but it’s enough to keep script kiddies and all but the most determined cheaters away. And without compromising your hardware.

Elden Ring has EAC :)

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
Wondered if anybody else is playing Elden Ring?

It's quite possibly the best 'triple A' title I've picked up in a long time, and by far the most challenging (in all the best ways.)

Already into it by about 11 hours since Friday night, and just can't put it down.

Yeah, I'm playing it as well and dying an awful lot 😂

I've been streaming it on Twitch here, gonna do a stream at 1pm tomorrow.

SkyrushSimp

Mega Poster
hm... here are a few that i've been playing recently

Splatoon 2

Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild

Red Dead Redemption 2

Talking Ben The Dog (lol)

Untitled Goose Game

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
I’m not sure this is the right place, as it’s hardware rather than games, but I didn’t think it warranted it’s own thread.

I’ve now had the Steam Deck for almost a week, well 5 days. And honestly, the Tl:dr is, if you love hand held gaming, get your pre orders in!!! This thing is going to revolutionise hand held gaming.

It’s a full gaming PC in a tiny hand held package at half the price it would cost for a full system, with a software backend that, whilst unpolished, and constantly improving, (I’ve been getting daily updates,) is both easy and yet feature rich and powerful.

Anybody with a Steam account, already has a huge library of games that will play on it, at no additional cost!

The biggest surprise is just how well it plays the latest AAA titles that some desktops have been struggling with. Eldon Ring runs like a dream, the lower resolution and frame rate limit barely noticeable on the smaller form factor device. God of War, recently ported to the PC also runs incredibly well.

Another party piece is emulation. This thing is so easy to set up emulation on, and can obviously emulate classics like Nes, Snes, Master System and Mega Drive (Genesis for our friends across the pond.) But it can also emulate more modern consoles, such as PS3, and has been said to run Switch games better than the Switch itself!! (I haven’t tried switch myself, I own 2 haha.)

Ultimately, if you haven’t pre ordered yet, and like the sound of one, go and get your order in, the wait list is only going to get longer and longer and longer!!!

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
I've been chipping away at Elden Ring and tomorrow I shall be streaming Me vs. Margit The Fell Omen from 1pm. I suspect I will die at least 176 times!

margit.jpg