What's new

G-Force, Drayton Manor closure?

_koppen

Hyper Poster
Just curious, how many here would miss this coaster if it would be removed (hypothetically)?

Darren B

Giga Poster
G-Force is **** awful! Bar Colossus it's the worst thrill coaster in the UK. But, when it's open it keeps the queue's away from Shockwave and Apocalypse; because for some reason the chavs love G-Force. So, G-Force closing down in theory is a bad thing.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
G Force is FAR worse than any Togo I've ridden. It's vile, and 99% because of the restraints trying to remove your body from just below your ribs.

No other X-Car seems to have this issue though.

EthC

Mega Poster
Maybe they are finally sorting out the restrainys (fingers crossed) otherwise the queue for that ride will be non existent soon.

Temleh

Mega Poster
I don't think the coaster is as bad as people make it out to be. It is quite short, but I have never found it painful even with the tightening restraints. It could do with a second train if anything!

FaceYourNemesis

Hyper Poster
G Force is absolute kak, and if it goes I'll rejoice <3

Maybe the ride being out of action has something to do with the new Air Race?

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
I really like the ride, it may not be the best but if it has a short queue it's worth it. Also the ride is very nice to look at and very photogenic.

The park has no reason to get rid of this, it doesn't take up much space, it looks good and is still very popular.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Maybe it's just getting some TLC before the air race goes in. I wouldn't miss Gforce but I don't think it's as bad as people make out. At least it's different. Rather have that than another tedious euofighter

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
EthC said:
Maybe they are finally sorting out the restrainys (fingers crossed) otherwise the queue for that ride will be non existent soon.

Since it's so early in the season, I would think it unlikely to be receiving any major overhauls; I would hope they would attend to TLC during the off-season. Last time I visited DM with my family, we successfully managed to close it for 15 minutes after part of the lap bar became loose!

I suspect there's a problem with one of the cars, and as a result of them daftly purchasing one train...it won't be able to run for a while!

SaltyTowers

Roller Poster
Darren B said:
G-Force is **** awful! Bar Colossus it's the worst thrill coaster in the UK. But, when it's open it keeps the queue's away from Shockwave and Apocalypse; because for some reason the chavs love G-Force. So, G-Force closing down in theory is a bad thing.
Since when was colossus the worst in the UK , you have clearly never been to M and Ds :lol: