What's new

Futuroscope | Objectif Mars | Intamin spinner

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Well I would use the "looks slow" joke but unfortunately this is actually appears to be the case.

I hope they speed up the launches and actually have the trains spin. I'm assuming this is one of the very first test runs?

Ethan

Strata Poster
I was not expecting that ending! However except for that, it looks pretty soulless, with the show scenes at the start feeling particularly awkward. It's nice to see some effort going into coasters like this though, and I imagine kids will adore it.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Sorry to bump the thread, but RCDB and Futuroscope's website call this coaster "Objectif Mars", with Futuroscope even changing the name to "Destination Mars" on its English pages. It also opened back on June 13, so why is this thread still stickied? Who's to blame?

... wait, that would be me. Better pull that pin out and change the thread title, then.

Indy

Hyper Poster
Earlier today, a lithium battery underneath one of the cars of Objectif Mars caught fire with guests onboard and locked in their restraints. Two people were injured, though it sounds like their injuries aren't life threatening, thankfully. Absolutely horrifying scenes: