What's new

Future Park letting the public design their coaster with NL2

PeskyTrimBrake

Hyper Poster
I came across with interesting post No Limits Simulation posted on their Facebook

Share this and spread the word for this ‪#‎NoLimits2‬ contest!
Have you ever wanted to help design a real life roller coaster? Here's your chance! A new park is being developed at a top secret location in the UK and they are looking for your help. The park designer is working with major manufacturers on the signature coaster for this park. Click the link to view details and download the template:
http://www.coasterx.com/contest
Good luck!

Here are the proposed requirements by the park:
1. The coaster must have orange track and white supports.
2. The coaster must have a vertical lift hill and a minimum of 3 inversions.
3. The coaster must be built on top of the building included and go around the perimeter of the park.
4. No part of the coaster or supports may extend outside of the edge of the building in any direction.
5. The observation tower ride and building object may not be moved, rotated, scaled, or altered in any way.
6. The inside courtyard of the park must be kept as clear as possible of track and supports for inclusion of additional rides.
7. Maximum height of the coaster is 150 feet or 46 meters from ground level.
8. The coaster must be capable of running a minimum of 2 trains.

First it was letting the public name the ride, now its letting them design them? It's an interesting concept that will sure gain the participation of many "future coaster designers." Judging by the NL package, the park looks like it has a small footprint and covered in fortress-like walls.

The park is planned for a "secret" location in the UK and the winner of the contest will get to work with a coaster manufacturer to make the design a reality.

TilenB

Strata Poster
Re: Future Park letting the public design their coaster with

Interesting stuff, I'm interested to see how the whole thing is going to pan out.

The developer of this park has a coaster like Coney Island's Thunderbolt in mind for this project.

They don't need a coaster to duplicate that experience. From what I've heard they can just lock up their guests in an enlarged laundry machine - the end result will be basically the same.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

Hm. I might try. Who knows? Maybe I'll become the next coaster designer?

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster

Will be pissed if I learn that you guys haven't incorporated some serious ejectors. :glasses9:

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator

This sounds waaaaay too much like some fanboy's wet dream to seem legit to me. A park at a "secret location", somehow having got permission to build a 46 meter ride, and they're putting the design in the hands of the public? Either way, it will have to go through a coaster company for the final design and calculations, so why even bother outsourcing the layout design? Sounds... well, not very serious to me.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

Well, I can't enter anymore because of STUPID AGE LIMITS!

...So.... How 'bout that RMC Contest on here, eh?

Dar

Hyper Poster

Seems a bit sketchy tbh. The company behind it, SIFI Limited, doesn't seem to do anything and only has assets of £2. Not sure how they're going to get funding to build a new coaster with that kind of collateral.

3Dimensions

Mega Poster

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qshBiIxQmyQ[/youtube]

Well apparently this is being built.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

Looks like Tennessee Tornado reincarnate.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSNvmZeiBeA[/youtube]

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster

I REALLY hope this is Maurer Sohne like in this video and not Zamperla... Because I have a sickening dread in my stomach it will be Zamperla, it seems kinda Thunderbolt esque. It would be so so disappointing if the first major thrill coaster in the UK outside of Merlin in ages was a piece of **** **** like Thunderbolt is known for being.

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster

elephant58 said:
^Erm, you do realise that it's never going to happen?

Like Guywithastick said, its unlikely but there is a chance. The competition requirements were extremely specific.

Jared

Hyper Poster

You do realise the contest was being run by the NL2 team on behalf of manufacturers and a park? NL2's team have great connections with these companies and to assume it's anything more than a huge possibility and legit would be somewhat short sighted.

Jared

Hyper Poster

You've heard? Is there a source on that? How do you know that's not just a fake name to protect the identity of the park in question.

elephant58

Hyper Poster

^I said I've heard, not I know. And considering the information surrounding this 'project' is very, very low, I can't see it happening, which is what I said before.

So, any suggestions?