What's new

Future of Portaventura World

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
So this park is arguably one of the best theme park resorts in Europe due to ride line up, scenery, hotels, etc. Although the future of this resort seems to be kind of unknown. What do you think the park will do in the next few years, and into future? What rides do you think we will see, and when will the resort receive their next signature ride/roller coaster?

I am aware of a supposed expansion to Ferrari Land's kids area within the next year or two, but not sure when we will see anything world class added to either the main park or Ferrari Land.

As for their next major coaster, since they haven't really added one since Red Force, I can see it on the horizon. Possibly as a 2022 development or thereabouts. As for what it could be, I could see it being a decent range of options. I know when Shambhala was in the works, the park was looking at both Dive and Flying coasters as an alternative. I could still see a B&M flyer or invert added in the future. As for where this would go, I have no idea. I mean I guess RMC Stampida is a possibility, but that seems unlikely to me within the next few years, especially after the GCI work the ride has had.

What do you guys think? Does anyone know if the park has anything decent in store for the future?

cookie

Giga Poster
I think they'll have to find ways to expand Ferrari Land if they're going to keep justifying it being a separate gate.

Though I think for most parks right now the hope should be that they make it out of this current crisis in one piece.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
So this park is arguably one of the best theme park resorts in Europe due to ride line up, scenery, hotels, etc. Although the future of this resort seems to be kind of unknown. What do you think the park will do in the next few years, and into future? What rides do you think we will see, and when will the resort receive their next signature ride/roller coaster?

I am aware of a supposed expansion to Ferrari Land's kids area within the next year or two, but not sure when we will see anything world class added to either the main park or Ferrari Land.

As for their next major coaster, since they haven't really added one since Red Force, I can see it on the horizon. Possibly as a 2022 development or thereabouts. As for what it could be, I could see it being a decent range of options. I know when Shambhala was in the works, the park was looking at both Dive and Flying coasters as an alternative. I could still see a B&M flyer or invert added in the future. As for where this would go, I have no idea. I mean I guess RMC Stampida is a possibility, but that seems unlikely to me within the next few years, especially after the GCI work the ride has had.

What do you guys think? Does anyone know if the park has anything decent in store for the future?
I believe this was brought up months ago!

Adding to the topic, I still stand by my guesses from last year:
To be honest, PortAventura has been set in its thrill ride collection ever since Red Force opened. As Sesame Street: Street Mission just opened this year, a children’s area added to Ferrari Land in 2018 and Ferrari Land’s opening in 2017, I would make a safe bet on a resortwide celebration without any new major rides. As for past that, I think Ferrari Land will probably get its 3rd coaster in sometime between 2021 and 2025 — I would expect something like a MACK Family Spinning Coaster to come here — and/or PortAventura Park will get a B&M Dive coaster. A dive coaster is the only missing link in PortAventura’s stellar coaster lineup, and it could be marketed in multiple ways such as “The first dive coaster in Spain!” During this time, I could see the resort installing one or two major flat rides as well as a children’s area expansion.

Professor

Previously AndrewRollercoaster
Would be good if the park added another B&M to make it a trio like at Alton Towers. A wing coaster or dive machine is probably the most likely of candidates since inverts hardly seem to be going up these days. Considering they have Furious Baco maybe a Dive Machine would be the most likely option that adds a new type of thrill.

No idea what their financial situation is or if anything was already planned but it may be some years for the resort to recover from this current mess.

Would be nice to see their 25th celebration pushed to next year if that is a possibility.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I believe this was brought up months ago!

Adding to the topic, I still stand by my guesses from last year:
To be honest, PortAventura has been set in its thrill ride collection ever since Red Force opened. As Sesame Street: Street Mission just opened this year, a children’s area added to Ferrari Land in 2018 and Ferrari Land’s opening in 2017, I would make a safe bet on a resortwide celebration without any new major rides. As for past that, I think Ferrari Land will probably get its 3rd coaster in sometime between 2021 and 2025 — I would expect something like a MACK Family Spinning Coaster to come here — and/or PortAventura Park will get a B&M Dive coaster. A dive coaster is the only missing link in PortAventura’s stellar coaster lineup, and it could be marketed in multiple ways such as “The first dive coaster in Spain!” During this time, I could see the resort installing one or two major flat rides as well as a children’s area expansion.
Those are very specific topics and only really work for a limited time. I am talking further into the future.