What's new

Future of Flamingo Land?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew Fair

Mega Poster
What are we thinking will happen at Flamingo Land in the future? Wondering if there are any new coasters on the horizon...

peep

CF Legend
I feel like it's gone very silent up at Mingo. They had a long flurry of buying small cheap coasters and flat rides and then they removed the corkscrew. I was expecting that to be for a new ride area but nope, just more holiday homes.

In other words, I'd also like to know if they are planning on building something new in the next few years.

Matt N

CF Legend
Ooh, I reckon a family GG woodie, sort of like Wooden Warrior/Roar-O-Saurus would be fantastic for Flamingoland! The last time they added a roller coaster was 2013, I think, so maybe this could be a potential 2019/2020 project, as it has actually been rumoured in the past, apparently!

GeodieCoasterFan

Mega Poster
I would love to see a new coaster there as its one of only 2 parks within a 2hr drive of me, the current line up outside of velocity is just really poor. Would anyone trust those at Flamingoland to invest wisely even if they did invest?

Kumali, Mumbo Jumbo and Hero cost a combined 18M ( and thats without adjusting for inflation) and to me they just have nothing about them

It seems to me Flamingoland is more about becoming a resort for holidays rather than improving as a theme park which is a bit dissapointing

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
New account, first post is 'insider information' with no proof. Seems legit.

In all seriousness though if there is there anything next year I'm doubtful it would be something major. Otherwise wouldn't we have already heard something or seen some ground work?
Wonder what out of Zamperla's catalogue they could knock up in a few months.:p

Matt N

CF Legend
New account, first post is 'insider information' with no proof. Seems legit.

In all seriousness though if there is there anything next year I'm doubtful it would be something major. Otherwise wouldn't we have already heard something or seen some ground work?
Wonder what out of Zamperla's catalogue they could knock up in a few months.:p
Maybe a Zamperla Thunderbolt?

TheMaverick987

Roller Poster
The rumour is the 10 Inversion Rev B that was originally going to be built in Hopi Hari. There have been quite a few changes near the entrance of the park including the relocation of 3 rides (Pink Elephants, Tea Cups and Runaway Mine Train) and the removal of a ride (Cycle Monorail), as well as flattening some terrain and I believe some tree removal too but don't quote me on that last one. If it's not the 10 Inversion Rev B, it's something big coming soon.

Ethan

Strata Poster
The rumour is the 10 Inversion Rev B that was originally going to be built in Hopi Hari. There have been quite a few changes near the entrance of the park including the relocation of 3 rides (Pink Elephants, Tea Cups and Runaway Mine Train) and the removal of a ride (Cycle Monorail), as well as flattening some terrain and I believe some tree removal too but don't quote me on that last one. If it's not the 10 Inversion Rev B, it's something big coming soon.
Welcome to Coasterforce, nice to have you! Just thought you should know we have a discussion on the possible new attraction here:

http://coasterforce.com/forums/threads/rumoured-coaster-flamingo-land.43277/

You'll find some more up-to-date discussion there, as this thread you've bumped is pretty old! (Not trying to be a wannabe-mod btw, just helping out)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Indeed, let's keep it over there please. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.