What's new

FunWorld At the NEC

Jake

Strata Poster
Theres only a short window between me getting back to the West Midlands for Christmas and flying out to Cairo, so i'll probably have to go on sat/sun 19th/20th dec. Luckily, Rugby is only about 20 minutes away from BHX Airport/NEC, so it can be done in a few hours :).

Uh, Ben, that was a hint... regardless of if you're going with Chris too :p

Martyn B

CF Legend
^What makes you think there's creds? And if there is, they'll probably just be the same creds that travel with Funderworld?

Danzibarr

Mega Poster
Dragon Coaster AND Apple Coaster :shock: omgz this can't be missed

EDIT: Through all the excitement I forgot the GoGator!

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
^Quite clearly you've never been on a Dragon Coaster or an Apple Coaster if you're being sarcy like that!

This looks cool, but is it £13.75 THEN pay per ride, or are rides inclusive? If it's pay-per-ride, it's a right rip surely? But if it's the latter than it's pretty awesome!

If I was in Birmingham I'd be excited! However I'm not so I'm just intregued.

Danzibarr

Mega Poster
Who said I was being sarcastic? :wink:
Dragon coasters in particular can be quite the thrill, especially if you're lucky enough to have a forwards and then backwards cycle!

Hasn't been posted in here yet either so here's the official website for it:

http://www.necfunworld.co.uk/

List of rides confirmed so far on the 'Rides and Attractions' page

This looks cool, but is it £13.75 THEN pay per ride, or are rides inclusive? If it's pay-per-ride, it's a right rip surely? But if it's the latter than it's pretty awesome!

On the ticket page, it says that's the ticket price and then you get 10 free vouchers, redeemable on the rides.. So it sounds like you get the admission, 10 vouchers, and then have to pay for more vouchers.

Karen

Hyper Poster
Yep and each ride is just 1 ticket per person, or 2 tickets if you are a grummpy pants and won't share on the dodgems tehe.

Slash

Giga Poster
I have been planning to go in new year ever since that big CF MSN conversation.

I need creds.

Emmett

Giga Poster
Nice one, I'm hoping to go sometime at the start of January as I need a coaster fix during this off season.

The line up looks okay and price seems reasonable.

Rach

Giga Poster
I've known about this for a while and for once it looks like Birmingham has lots of things to do over christmas.

If anybody does go to it and wants to meet up, then let me know. It's only a 10 minute train ride.

Karen

Hyper Poster
We are looking at going on the 1st January! Could be fun for the one's that are hungover tehe. Hmmmmm on second thoughts.......maybe not!

Martyn B

CF Legend
Ben said:
^Because I do research before assuming anything, unlike, apparently, you?

I didn't assume anything, I just asked, thats all! Of what I read on the website, it just sounded like a typical fairground, no mention of coasters. But thats probably becuase I was expecting something mildly decent :p

Kebab

Giga Poster
I'll definately go anytime soon, if anybody's planning a specific date just message me and maybe we could meet up? I'm free until the 8th January I think :)