What's new

Fuji-Q | Zokko | Intamin Multi-Launch Motorbike | 2023

emoo

Hyper Poster
There's already signage outside major thrill rides for this sort of thing across many parts of Asia, usually advising/stating no riders aged above 55 (China) to 65 (Japan).
In fact, it's already at Fuji-Q:

50797377812_6b0cee3982_h.jpg

Never seen it enforced, not that it's particularly likely I would have.

Well that puts a crimp on my idea to have a retirement gap year in Asia as a hand waver in on of the larger parks (free annual pass please...)

Pear

Strata Poster
Intamin uploaded this video which shows Fujiyama in the back, but also mentions it being the first motorbike coaster in Vietnam (which is also untrue as Paradise Fall exists). I really hope this isn't what they're getting considering the price tag and rumors.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I don't wanna be rude or anything, but that looks... lame.

It's twisty, at least, I guess.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
I don't wanna be rude or anything, but that looks... lame.

It's twisty, at least, I guess.
Maybe they pitched that idea initially to get a general feel of the concept but I agree this looks too generic. For some reasons, these motocoasters don't quite do it for me. I am sure Fuji-Q will go for some kind of world record. After all, they are kind of land-locked, so they wouldn't invest in something not worth marketing the **** out of, right?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
In it's defense, it does have a lot of those twists that are really fab on Cheetah Hunt, so maybe it'll be okay.

Lukas.03

Roller Poster
the video seems to be taken down now... Maybe this is indeed what they are getting and Fuji Q wanted the Video removed? Wouldnt be the first time that something like this happens.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I mean... As disappointing as this is if true, I do get some good Juvelen vibes from this compared to the other Intamin Family Launch coasters, and I've heard great things about that. I think it looks a lot more comparable to that layout-wise than the likes of Ice Breaker, so I'm hoping it will be somewhat forceful.

Redicmc

Roller Poster
I know there is Fujiyama in the background, but why would they mention "Vietnam?" Might have been an error though... Also its kinda funny how Fuji Q was marketing this capital as a "major coaster" despite being a small family attraction. Tbh I was quite disappointed since I was really hyped and had plans to visit Fuji Q sometime around next year but I guess time would only tell.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Looks good enough for a family coaster. Is it the most exciting choice though? Nah.

Layout seems a bit better than Wave Breaker, but I hate this concrete setting they have here. Hopefully they're more creative with better theming/interactions.

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
Seems to meander quite a bit, it’s also about 20 km/h slower than Juvelen..
I wouldn’t call it a “small family atttaction” though, it’s far from it. And it definitely looks to fill a gap in Fuji Queue’s line-up.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I'm also going to hold out on vague hope that, despite Fujiyama seemingly being in the background, this may still actually be for a Vietnamese park. Yes, very much clutching at straws, but it is a glaring mistake to make.

But if it is for Fuji-Q, meh, it's fine. It fills a gap in their line up for sure, and will no doubt be a solid family ride. Does it make me want to get out there any sooner than I would have liked to? No. Will it be bringing in masses of international tourists and geeks? No. Will it help improve their line up and guest satisfaction? Probably, yes. And that's what it needs to do.

Matt N

CF Legend
In fairness, I don’t think the park has an awful lot of land to play with, so there’s only so much they could do. Also, they arguably lack a middle-ground family coaster, so this should be a nice addition if this is what they’re getting!

I must admit, though, I’m surprised that this ride allegedly has the same price tag as Eejanaika if this is what they’re getting... has yen decreased in value in recent years or something, in a similar way to what the pound seems to have?