What's new

Fuji-Q | Zokko | Intamin Multi-Launch Motorbike | 2023

Projektion

Mega Poster
Even more parts on site:

I feel like the Summer 2022 opening is starting slip away.

EDIT: I've just noticed, these new track pieces have got a more traditional Intamin LSM brake set-up
3fe4d8f925efc63fdfe259884fee12a1.png

Last edited:

Projektion

Mega Poster
Delayed to 2023

According to the article, the investment is now 4.5 Billion yen, up from the 3.6b yen mentioned in the first announcement.

ricky coasters

Roller Poster
That second picture in the tweet looked to me like they were building a parking structure! But no... something is rising and damn it's gonna be good. Are coaster foundations usually built as tight, full, and packed as those?

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Yah, but is it ever gonna reopen? It’s been down for like a year now
Not unusual on Japan after a major incident at all.

Remember SD2K was closed for 3 years after it threw a wheel.
Other rides have been closed for a similar amount of time after accidents.
Haya Busa the Arrow suspended had an accident in 2005 and was never reopened.
When Expoland had an accident the whole park closed forever.

It's to do with Japanese culture and I'm not sure on the exact reasons why but any major safety issue often means you won't see rides reopen for many years if at all.

ricky coasters

Roller Poster
You're right! I learned it from a Taylor Bybee video, Japanese fellas put lots of trust on their parks and organizations, so when something goes wrong it makes their past trust go down completely to a point where they feel betrayed and don't go no more

Gazza

Giga Poster
Looks like intamin have given up on the mechanism seen on Mick Doohans Motocoaster and are sticking with the system used on Hagrids.

Indy

Hyper Poster
Looks like intamin have given up on the mechanism seen on Mick Doohans Motocoaster and are sticking with the system used on Hagrids.
Thank God. Mick Doohan's trains are among the worst I have ever experienced.