What's new

Fuji-Q | Zokko | Intamin Multi-Launch Motorbike | 2023

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Remember to take into account inflation and the general cost increase of materials and possibly labour. The sum that bought Eejanaika may not stretch nearly as far these days.

i305_zack

Mega Poster
Remember to take into account inflation and the general cost increase of materials and possibly labour. The sum that bought Eejanaika may not stretch nearly as far these days.
It's still gonna get something bigger than Orion tho lol, because Orion cost Kings Island 30 mil

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
It's still gonna get something bigger than Orion tho lol, because Orion cost Kings Island 30 mil
Not necessarily. The cost of materials and labour may still be higher in Japan. Also remember that it has to be earthquake-proofed, which makes things more expensive.

i305_zack

Mega Poster
Not necessarily. The cost of materials and labour may still be higher in Japan. Also remember that it has to be earthquake-proofed, which makes things more expensive.
You do actually make a good point with the earthquakes, but I do look at Takabisha and it doesn't seem to have that much more steel, so who knows tbh. We are definitely looking at a big big coaster next year and I can not wait!!

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
This doesn't warrant it's own topic, but they're adding 2 "cage" cars to their Ferris wheel. Currently, most cars are traditional cars and a handful are completely transparent.

Fuji-Q Highland recently made the news for asking roller coaster riders to “scream inside your heart”. Now, the amusement park is set to add two ‘windswept cages’ to its Shining Flower Ferris wheel.

Shining Flower is a Ferris wheel that towers 50 metres above Fuji-Q. Two of the 32 gondolas will serve as the ride’s temporary cages, which are made from stainless steel.

Fuji-Q said “prisoners will be punished for about 11 minutes in a windswept cage, enjoying the thrill of seeing the ground far below through the gaps and enduring the ridicule of the surroundings”.

“The seats are side by side for two so that you can regret your sins toward the magnificent Mount Fuji that spreads out in front of you and change your mind as much as possible before you are released,” Fuji-Q added.

“You can use it as a place to reflect on and rehabilitate past bad deeds. You can use it as a punishment game with your friends. Fuji-Q Highland is waiting for you who want to be punished.”

"Enduring the ridicule of their surroundings" is the most Japanese thing I've heard in a while.

Link here

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Oh

giphy.webp

Matt N

CF Legend
I must admit, this wasn’t what I was expecting at all! I’m surprised that a Maurer Spike costs the same as Eejanaika and more than Dodonpa & Takabisha; has the value of yen gone down since Eejanaika’s construction or something?

Nonetheless, I’m sure it’ll be a fun family ride!

Matt N

CF Legend
Or maybe the park used throughput as their only selection criteria.
That’s a fair shout; do Maurer Spike Dragsters have high throughput? I’d imagine Fuji-Q were probably looking for a family ride that shifts queues well, so I’d be surprised if it doesn’t!

Furiustobaco

Mega Poster
This is disappointing. If are you going the family route they could of built something pretty great from Intamin or Gerst, Maurer honestly should just stick to spinners tbh. Anything else from them that i have ridden has been utter crap. Desmo Race seems like a flaming mess as well..

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I'm still yet to see a POV of Desmo Race and I recently saw Sky Dragster had received new cars for whatever reason.

Yeah this is turd.

UP87

Mega Poster
@CrashCoaster I don't know. Didn't ride either of the two coaster types. But I think I'd consider the Maurer Spike more interesting (even though I'd not count it as a coaster)
Both types don't seem to have the biggest capacity or are a coaster I'd consider an awesome addition for a park with high quality coasters like Fuji-Q.

Matt N

CF Legend
This could be a larger-scale project than many expect; Desmo Race at Mirabilandia is actually 72ft tall and reaches 50mph, as it turns out, and Maurer have said that the model is capable of “very high speeds”!

cookie

Giga Poster
Are we sure this actually is a Maurer Spike and not just the Intamin model that popped up a while back? I feel like that concept art isn’t very true to life.