What's new

Fright nights 2014

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
Once again the fright night dates have been reduced even more than last years. The dates are now only on each weekend in October and the half term.

Another way for M£lin to cut costs again.

pitchnoir

Mega Poster
There is one date in which is on a friday, The 17th.
But is sad that they are lessening the amount of days in which HHN runs, but its all to do with profit. Against how much they spend with actors, contractors lighting, sound, man power etc it all cannot out weigh the profit, even with a massive company that umbrellas Thorpe.

In no way am I on thorpe's side here, but alas I do understand there reasoning why they are doing this (or well presume they are doing this)

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
I also understand the reasoning. It's just such shame that Merlin have chosen profits over guest enjoyment. The amount of time they put into constructing the mazes hardly seems worth it with the amount of days they are now used for.

Martyn B

CF Legend
I visited on a friday last year, and I ain't going to lie, the atmosphere was ****. I'd much rather visit on a busier day (they were only running everything on minimum capacity anyway).

To be fair though, the entire event last year was crap compared to when last went (2006)

Lofty

CF Legend
I wouldn't even bother going again after last year's to be honest.

I totally understand the reduction in hours. Due to the cost of the ticket of entry for the attractions, more people are turning away from the larger theme parks and their events to turn to the smaller (and most of the time better in terms of attractions) farm parks or singular attractions. We've found this an awful lot in our market research that we do every year based on attendance figures and guest questionnaires. We're having a lot more customers who usually visit the likes of Scarefest and Fright Nights coming up for a weekend and visiting our events more than once as it's still cheaper than a larger theme park, the only difference being, we don't have any rides, but in the Halloween season, a majority of people spend their times queueing for scare attractions (scare maze is a **** stupid term) rather than going on the rides.