What's new

Fraispertuis City | Golden Driller | Intamin Giant Drop

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
9431783d1467391988-2017-neuheit-golden-driller-freefall-intamin-fraispertuis-city-frankreich-27739103990_c8d9044a32_o.jpg

For the park's 50th anniversary, Fraispertuis City will be installing a 216ft tall (taller than Apocalypse) drop tower offering 4 different seating experiences.

27984687746_37ad7bb88e_k.jpg

This will hold the record for tallest "stand-up tilt drop tower" in the world.

27405721224_3e423fd6e9_k.jpg

The sit down cars will have the newer restraints

27405699224_5bf8da015b_o.jpg

27984710826_41f415dd5d_o.jpg

Whereas the stand-up will have the older ones.

27405657273_64d2e79e6a_k.jpg

27405648763_9d9c919e92_k.jpg

It will be themed nicely to the golden age of the oil industry.

27739103070_552aed4df2_z.jpg

And will have an IMA score.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
That's fab. It's literally perfect for them, offering a thrill ride for the older kids will still fitting in perfectly with the theme of the rest of the park. Hope the neighbours don't start to get annoyed though. If I remember rightly, the park's in a small valley and there are houses all round the top.

Lofty

CF Legend
^ You remembered incorrectly, are you not thinking of Niglo? This is literally in the middle of nowhere. Like a rest stop in a valley with no buildings around it and just forests.

This is so perfect for such an amazing little park. We were so impressed when we visited earlier this year, I'm excited to see what they start building over the next few years.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Seems like a huge investment for a titchy park! I'm glad they're buying fab stuff but don't want to see it grow out of the awesome niche little place it is by attracting more mainstream visitors. It's better as an oddball middle of nowhere attraction :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Lofty said:
^ You remembered incorrectly, are you not thinking of Niglo.

Ahh you're right, it is in the middle of nowhere. Think I was mixing it up with Plopsa Coo which we did on the same trip and which has a few houses round the top.

Will

Strata Poster
One of my favourite little places to break up the journey from Calais to Rust, and while I agree it would probably have been better for them to stick to slightly smaller rides, more suited to the family audience, we can at least guarantee that this will be one of the better themed drop towers in Europe :)

Lofty

CF Legend
I disagree about sticking to family attractions, completely. The park absolutely lacked a 'large' thrill ride for the older audience, and there was quite a few teenagers there on our visit. This is literally the perfect investment for them and I can't wait to see it. FRAPE CITY <3

Reactions: ECG

Tomatron

Giga Poster
^Agreed. They've already got a tower ride suitable for families, and they need another high adrenaline ride to compliment Timber Drop for those who want a bigger thrill, so this is a great ride to install.

Reactions: ECG

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I want to see the Golden Driller replica more than anything.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
"Take me down to Fraispertius City where the grass is green and the creds are pretty. Oh won't you please take me home."

It's all very well and good seeing the tower being topped (ooo err) but let's face it, it's all about seeing the marvellously cheesy Golden Driller erection (ooo err etc etc).