What's new

Force 1

Xpress

Strata Poster
Not what you're thinking. This time it's already done.

Before you get into the whole "The forces spiked into red on multiple occasions" speech, observe these first:

Courtesy of public display on NoLimits-Exchange

accelerationgslaunching.jpg

decelerationgs.jpg

airtimegs.jpg

definitiveggraphpositiv.jpg

Basically showing you what you can push your rides to.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now for the ride itself..

force1.jpg

DOWNLOAD

Enjoy one of my rarely released creations...

Please note the ride itself is based upon OTSR's.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just an FYI...

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37OWL7AzvHo[/youtube]

jjjjustin

Hyper Poster
The graphs confuse me.... :eek: But if im understanding this correctly you can spike in to red G's for a very short period of time and yellow G's for a little longer?

unlimitedcoaster

Mega Poster
Well, from what I saw, 2.1 g's on the top of the hill and 6.0g's at the bottom of the hill. Both touching the red. To be honest, the top could be smoother but the bottom is a killer for sure. It looks like it could seriously injure someone by the looks of it. My guess is, it is most probably going too fast. Adding some hidden brakes at the top of the hill and smoothening the bottom a little more would make it better. Good layout otherwise! You should use less prefabs. Custom support work gives you extra points! 6/10.

Xpress

Strata Poster
unlimitedcoaster that is where you would be wrong. If you take a look at the graphs, those are what you can push your rides to. A -2.3g spike (again, this is a SPIKE, not sustained) is perfectly acceptable given the train has the appropriate restraints. The third graph down (eyes up) shows that a -2.3 spike could be held for around 1 second!

Positive forces (eyes down) can spike to 6g for up to 1 second! The colors have nothing to do with it. The colors on mine are changed up too. A 6g spike only registers as yellow to me, turns red at 6.5. Negative turns yellow a -1.2, red at -2.0.

In no way was this track intended to "wow the crowds" or basically be a time consuming work that had a lot of thought put into it. Thus the use of pre-fabs.

Jer: MSN, shall explain..

jjjjustin said:
The graphs confuse me.... :eek: But if im understanding this correctly you can spike in to red G's for a very short period of time and yellow G's for a little longer?

The colors have NOTHING to do with what would actually be acceptable. El Toro is notorious for spiking into the -2.0 range in the back seats on the first drop. Tower of Terror at Gold Reef City spikes to 6.3 on the drop.

Of course, with proper training, you can hold much higher forces. Air show pilots can hold 10g, and spike into the -5g range without injury.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
You really need to sort out those Gs. In the back row, It spiked at -3g at the top of the hill. That definatly wouldn't be safe for an average guy.

A

Anonymous

Yes I agree with you that the colours that NL have for forces are a bit off and that the graphs yoiu have posted is a good thing if you really want to keep the forces realistic...

However!!!
From what I have read in this topic then you are claiming stuff that is not true...
Yes according to that graph you could have -2.1 g's air, but only if you use a prone position of the rider, i.e. Flying coaster, NOT sit down coaster...
El Toro don't pull -2 g's anywhere according to any of the graphs that I have access too (can't comment on Tower of Terror since I don't have any data on it, but there are several other coasters that pull high g's)...

Can't tell for certain if I have missed anything in this topic or the track since I'm on my phone travelling through Europe. But I'll get back to this topic when I get home. In 1.5 weeks :)

Posting on the go...

A

Anonymous

Can't download the track so I can't give a review of the ride...
Anyway I do like them graphs since they is a good tool to use when designing a ride. They are a bit sketchy in their wording so they are pretty hard to understand. For a novice, so here is a short simplification:

This first image shows launch g's over time, basically what's the limit on how long a launch with a certain power could be or vice versa.

accelerationgslaunching.jpg

So for example, if you are planning on using a 4 g launch on your coaster it can only be a maximum of 4 seconds long, before your normal rider would feel uncomfortable. However having said this, most launch coasters get no way near any of this limit at all, but stay well under it, an example of this is TTD which have a launch force of about 2 g's under 3.3 seconds...

Second image shows braking g's over time, how big break force your coaster can have over a certain period of time, (i.e. how many g's acceleration you can put in your brake force in NL).

decelerationgs.jpg

In this case there is a couple of different lines, "base-case" is trains with lap-bars only as a restraint which really only allows for a maximum -1.5 g's of acceleration (in NL this number should be positive since it uses the "Deceleration" rather than "Acceleration", Deceleration = Acceleration * -1), then you have one line that represents trains with OSTR's, and then a third one with "Prone" restraints which is similar to what you find on Flyers. In reality no coaster comes noway near this limit, but stay at around 1 g of deceleration force, OSTR or not...

The next one covers airtime over time, how long time you are allowed to have a certain force...

airtimegs.jpg

This one is more according to reality there are coasters that pull around -1.5 g's of airtime, but only for a very short time, also I don't know any coasters that have air-time longer than a few seconds at a time, so this graph is a bit redundant really. Same thing here about prone restraints you get the force in a whole other direction compared to sitting up which is why it's different...

And finally vertical g's over time, simple maximum vertical g in a helix, pull-up, loop, etc.

definitiveggraphpositiv.jpg

As an example, you have a helix that "pulls" 3 g's, then the absolutely maximum length of this force it 11.8 seconds before you must end it so that the rider takes damage, the more force the shorter the amount of time you can "pull" it. This is the graph that you really have to pay attention at since it's the one that is easiest to go beyond the limit at...

Note that these are absolute maximal limits, however most of the modern rides are way below this, in most cases, all for rider comfort..

Xpress

Strata Poster
^Interesting bit about the last graph. The grey line seems to indicate that if your ride has 3 seconds of more of negative force, then you can only hold 3G for about 2.3 seconds DIRECTLY after that negative force.

A

Anonymous

^ Yeah, probably because the body isn't that comfortable to rapid changes in where the most of the blood is...
On a hill or other then the change is more gradual "over a second or so" then directly (even though MS doesn't seem to give a **** about it)...

bob_3_

Giga Poster
I... don't see the point.

You've boasted that you've "finished and released a ride for once". (I was happy to see you actually put something up for download)... But then, what is this?! I know you like to show off that you know more than everyone, but this ride had no thought what so ever. You may be able to survive the forces, but that's not what ride design is about!

You didn't do anything interesting with this "I know everything" graph nonsense either. 2 turns and a hill and a few prefab supports.

DESIGN A PROPER FRICKN RIDE! We all know you have some good skills with tools, use them!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Shut up Xpress. I agree with bob_3_ entirely here. Focus your energy (and dare I say it... skill) into making interesting rides we care about. I don't really care if you're having a grown up conversation about forces, the point still stands. Don't be quite so arrogant.

Whilst this is an interesting idea, I too, do not see the point. Use this data to create a really intense ride that's perfectly safe.

kimahri

CF Legend
If you wanted a discussion about forces, whouldn't not have been better to put it in general discussion or even quick questions...

Makes considerably more sense... and would have avoidedll this arguing you seems to create.

Xpress

Strata Poster
Because this is pertaining particularly to NoLimits. Now everybody get off their menstrual cycles and stop bitching.