Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B&M´s Flying

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Zamperla´s Flying

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

AltonTowersFan

Mega Poster
What is your favorite flying coaster type? Vekoma, B&M or Zamperla? Cons and Pros please and Why? Include comfort, safety and loading time. NOT THE RIDES BUT THE TRAINS. I just want to no the trains, harnesses and stuff but not the track itself, imagine all three in the same track, which would you choose?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Definitely a Dutchman over a B&M for me.

I've found the B&M flying coasters I've been on a little forceless (with the exception of the pretzel loop) compared to a Dutchman.

The train transition to the flying position is also a lot cooler than the B&M version.

I've not done a Zamperla flying coaster to my knowledge.

Ben

CF Legend
I would have said Dutchmans, but, then Tatsu happened.

Superman and Air SUCK. They really suck. But, Tatsu is AMAZING. Tatsu takes the concept and shows those pretenders how it should be done. Forceful, fierce and it really feels like flying. Manta looks to follow this tradition.

The Dutchmans are GOOD, but, they're not a bit close to Tatsu. The loops are crazy, but, they don't feel like "flying" at any point. To me, RCT has it spot on when it calls them "Lie-Down Coasters", as opposed to "Flying" like the B&Ms.

The Zamperlas suck. Really suck.

PS, Brad, (some of) the Dutchmans have dual loading as well :p

Tony

Hyper Poster
I've only done 3 B&M Flyers and two of those were clones. I think the B&M Flyers look the best especially Tatsu and Manta. I really enjoyed Air and found it to be a pretty fun and smooth ride. Superman is okay but the pretzel loop is awesome.

The Zamperla ones look like death and the Vekoma ones look pretty decent.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Superman is awful.
Manta is okay.
Air is good.
Not ridden Tatsu... But since I don't get the fuss about pretzels, I'm not expecting much.

I think the Dutchmans are fun.. SFA and KI's were good but Carrowinds one made me very sad indeed.

Not ridden a Zamperla.

Nic

Strata Poster
From what Jake's said, sounds like every Zamperla he's ever been on has derailed either shortly before or shortly after he's ridden. Don't sound greatly safe to me.

Personally only ridden B&M, and only 2 of those at that. In terms of the actual seats they're reasonably comfy, but since I've been having problems with my blood pressure, something about the seating position makes me feel really sick/dizzy. It's the only coaster that does it to me. I can ride everything else all day long and feel fine... but go on Err and I need a sit down for a good 10 minutes afterwards.

Jake

Strata Poster
Don't even get me started on Volare's...

4 Volares, 3 continents, all DIRE.

This is all that needs to be said.

3084_94901684008_503309008_2431582_1277664_n.jpg

Ben's post sums up my other thoughts on this :)

F.A.S.T.

Hyper Poster
Volares are complete ****. So, that leaves the Vekoma and B&M models. Before Manta and Tatsu, Vekoma and B&M were on an equal playing field. Both models had their good and bad moments. Sense Manta and Tatsu, B&M has pulled away from Vekoma. Tatsu brought life back to the flying coaster. B&M is more likely to build new flying coasters. Vekoma barely has a chance.

AltonTowersFan

Mega Poster
Iv been on all, Zamperla is wicked, it straps you in in a tight place, tight like hell and strapped to you in an uncomfortable way, and Im really thin. Vekoma is not the best as it is not easy to get in, loading time is slow like hell and it doesn't give a good feeling when you are lying down. B&M´s are great, it straps you in a comfy way, the only problem is that if you go on the chair for people that are 1,20 meter high, the neoprene hurts your shoulders

IHeartArrow

Mega Poster
I've been on Firehawk, Batwing, and Manta.

Batwing was absolutely horrible. Although a clone of Firehawk, Batwing moved so slowly through the entire circuit and it was shuffling really badly which was harsh on the hips. Firehawk was much better than Batwing, but still not great. Vekoma's restraints sit riiiight in your crotch and at the bottom of the first drop and in the Double In-Line Twist it's not pleasant.

Manta currently is my #2 coaster. It's so immaculately smooth, forceful, comfortable, and fun. I wasn't expecting much but the seats were really comfortable and easy to stay in for longer periods. The Pretzel Loop was mindblowingly forceful. The rest of the layout was creative and smooth.

So B&M wins this one. I've yet to ride a Zampturda.

CreditCrazy

Hyper Poster
I don't enjoy Tatsu.

Superman Ultimate Flight is the same thing but shorter, smaller, and more pointless. Even less enjoyable.

Firehawk is one of the worst coasters I've ever ridden.

Batwing is the worst coaster I've ever ridden.

B&M.

Snoo

The Legend
B&M.

Been on two Flying Dutch and they arent even in the same league as Manta and Tatsu.

Error

Strata Poster
As it stands, equal for me.

I've been on 2 Supermans, and besides the Pretzel Loop, they were pretty dull. But they're still smooth compaired to Firehawk (Which I moved up about a notch since last trip), which is rough but a full layout.

So, yup, I need more counts.

CMonster

Giga Poster
B&M.

I've only been on Manta, but from what I've seen of the Dutchmen, Flyers look much better.

And I agree with whoever said that RCT got the names right.