What's new

Flying and Inverted Chains

Status
Not open for further replies.

CMonster

Giga Poster
Quick question that I've been wondering...

Why do most if not all flying coasters have the chain return to the left or right of the track while inverted coasters have the chain return on top of the track? :?

CMonster

Giga Poster
Oh, sorry, I mistook the thing on the left of flyers to be the chain return. :oops: I'm guessing that's for emergency evacs.

Ben

CF Legend
No, personally, I think attributing humans with the power of levitation is a slightly bigger mistake.

Ben

CF Legend
Please. We both know stepping on those rails would be an impossible way of evacuating. Implying the only logical way the majority of people would have to get off - they'd levitate.

CMonster

Giga Poster
UC said:
I think a better question is:

If the evac lift WAS the return chain, how would the chain possibly get there and still be able to loop continuously?

That's what I was wondering. :)

Ben said:
Please. We both know stepping on those rails would be an impossible way of evacuating. Implying the only logical way the majority of people would have to get off - they'd levitate.

I'm guessing that there is an evac train thingy to get the people down, as shown by this pic: http://www.rcdb.com/ig1977.htm?picture=7

I'm also guessing that you were being sarcastic, but sometimes it's hard to tell from you.

Ben

CF Legend
UC said:
Rails? You mean the fiberglass train fronts?

Yeah! The ones you can't reach, let alone walk on.

I thought you'd actually RIDDEN a Floorless?

You remember, we're talking about that floorless evac thing you apparently don't understand

Hahaha. This is the richest thing I have ever heard. If you need a reminder of who it was that posted the correct way they are evacuated, to ask, I'll be happy to let you in on the secret.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
As entertaining as I would personally find another rehash of that argument, I'm going to do the correct mod thing and lock the topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.