What's new

Fly Outta Here - NL2 Comp - Results Pg 4

tomahawk

Strata Poster
We are back to the park from the first round this year, with some general terrain changes. Round 2 marks a new coaster type for any contest we have had with NL2, B&M Flyer! This round is very open, much looser on the restrictions of area and size, so do what you want! I highly recommend downloading ByeTom's pathway set as found on NLExchange as it will help errors when loading park from paths I have already built, and will allow you to complete the area better.

Rules:
-B&M Flyer
-Must have duel station
-Max Height 200 feet
-Length between 3500-4500 feet
-You can edit the terrain
-3 inversion minimum
-Must stay inside the red area

Bonus:
2 points for station and entrance plaza/queue
1 point for any substantial additional theming. Flats, eateries, just give it a better "feel"

If you do use custom scenery, I request in your submission you send me a packaged version for voting, and unpackaged so I can ensure all the proper criteria is met. Also, please cite your scenery if you are using someone else's. Would like to give credit where credit is due.

Download Template
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ldfuh ... a_Here.zip

Download Pathway link
http://forum.nolimits-exchange.com/comm ... e=1#Item_0

All submissions are due by Friday May 13 at 11:59 PM PST sent to my email bigt12788(at)yahoo.com

Note: Updated due date and download now reflect.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Re: Fly Outta Here NL2 Comp

B&M Flyer... scary stuff! :lol:

I've always struggled to get these flyers to feel 'right' so I'm looking forward to the challenge. :D

jay37415

Mega Poster

I'm in on this one again. Just not sure if I can pull this off in 2 1/2 weeks.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster

I've never done a flyer before so this will be fun. I don't know for sure if I'll have time because I've got so much to do, but I'll try :)

tomahawk

Strata Poster

Yes you can. Please keep the water as is for most part, small editing is fine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Snow

Roller Poster

After installing the pathways by following the exact instructions on the nolimits exchange thread, the game is still saying it can't find the files. Anyone else have this problem?

70619.png

I don't know why it's looking under the user "thurs_000", but I have no user under that name. Maybe there's something I'm doing wrong, but I extracted the files to "My Documents/com.nolimitscoaster.nolimits2" as per the instructions, so I have no idea what it could be.
(Sorry if this is a totally noobish question)

tomahawk

Strata Poster

That is path from my computer. Try making a folder and copying the path folders into it and see if that will work. Make sure the folders are showing in the NL2 main file and not in downloads as well.

Just trying to think of anything. I know when was placing them initially it kept saying not apart of home location so each file I had to copy the main one and set it in another location if that makes sense? Somebody with better computer knowledge may be more help.

jay37415

Mega Poster

same issue... couldn't get it to load the pathways. may just rebuild all the paths without the add on.

question - do we need to script the dual station or just having one is good enough. I have no experience with Flyers so just wondering...

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

And this is why I don't like custom scenery.
jay37415 said:
question - do we need to script the dual station or just having one is good enough. I have no experience with Flyers so just wondering...
If you connect the dual stations up with the switch track, you don't need any scripts for it to work, the switch track will automatically change.

You only need to do scripting for this sort of thing if you want the trains to trigger the switch track in special cases (for example to achieve the "Expedition Everest" type backwards section, or to use the usual transfer track to send different trains down different paths).

tomahawk

Strata Poster

I'll see if I can come up with a fix. I may resend a new download link that has the pathways in the folder with it, so I would send as folder instead of a file. If that doesn't work I'll figure something else out.

Snow

Roller Poster

I'm not exactly sure how packages work so maybe this wouldn't help, but what if you uploaded it as a nl2pkg and then we "unpackage" it after we download?

tomahawk

Strata Poster

As far as I'm aware you can't unpackage it, or wouldn't even know how to. If this doesn't work, just delete all the scenery in the park if you keep having issues. I've attached a compressed folder with everything in it, and then some. Unpackage this file, move the extras, use this template version (sorry if you have started already) and go from there.

Since there have been quite a few issues, I'm pushing the due date back until Friday May 13 at 11:59 PM PST

New Download
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ldfuh ... a_Here.zip

jay37415

Mega Poster

I already have about an hours worth of work on my track... Ill just build without the custom scenery and if I have time, Ill make new paths that are non custom.

That's why I built the spin coaster without custom scenery.

Snow

Roller Poster

tomahawk said:
As far as I'm aware you can't unpackage it, or wouldn't even know how to.

You can, when viewing a .nl2pkg park just go to File --> Extract Package to unpackage it. I tried this with a nl2pkg park with custom scenery and it worked no problem. It asked me where to extract the file to, and after it finished extracting I was able to edit the once packaged park like any other park with no headaches.

Intricks

Strata Poster

Ugh....I don't wanna re-do everything I've done (terrain editing as well as a generalized idea for a layout in play. I think I'll just redo (or attempt to) the pathway? God knows this is going to look bad lol.

tomahawk

Strata Poster

I'll do a new package. This is a learning experience for me as well so thank you for your patience. I won't be home til late tonight, but I will put a packaged version to see if that works. If not just delete and start fresh and for next park round I will spruce it up and package if needed.