• Ejector

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Floater

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Scarlet

Mega Poster
Ultimate Coaster said:
Depends. Anything that gives me butterflies is perfect - on some coasters, Ejector does that for me, while on others floater does it.

Overall, I think I like ejector a bit more. Tower of Terror gives probably the best airtime of any ride I have been on, and considering it is PULLED down, it is ejector.

LOL UC everytime you big up ToT I shall big up Detonator. Detonator's drop is more intense than ToT's, it's faster, has a higher negative G and you fly out of the seat a lot more! So definitely ejector for me, much more intense, much more enjoyable, and it's just kind of second nature to me now :D Love it!

Come on people don't forget le Det ;)

A

Anonymous

Yeah, the detanator airtime rules!
I wouldn't class that as proper ejector though.
Ejector just seems to feel normal, cause of momentum, but floater feels weird.
I always find the Detanator airtime to feel more like intense floater.. but maybe thats just me.

kir

Hyper Poster
Yeah, I'd definately say Detonator airtime is floater. It's very intense floater. I just can't liken it to any ejector airtime I've experienced before.

kir

Hyper Poster
I get ejector, everyone gets ejector, and it's boring and crap. But I only actually get floater on Detonator and Cliffhanger. And that's why I love it, it's a rare luxury. For example; I'm totally void of any floater airtime on swinging rides where everyone raves about how great the airtime is.

I don't count ejector as real airtime. Being thrown into your restraint isn't airtime. I need to feel it from within. A willy lifter as Erol would say. I get the "over the edge" airtime from Oblivion and Hydro, which is somewhere between ejector and floater IMO, it's not true airtime. It's in a league of it's own.

Scarlet

Mega Poster
Waittt lol I'm bloody confused now about the differences between the two!

So going suddenly down a steep hill on a coaster or over a steep hill and literally flying into the bar is ejector? Like on a double drop on a wooden coaster... Magnus Colossus and Nash yes?

And floater is the zero G feeling eg Kraken's first drop and some other cool element (which I don't know the name of) ? Yes?

Actually it's suddenly just made sense that Detonator is mainly floater because if you actually just sit there completely relaxed you don't really hit the bar, but you just float mid-way between the restraint and the seat :D But whatever, Det's airtime has beaten most things I've been on for intensity :twisted:

Someone give me better explanations please!

Harvey

Hyper Poster
Like on a double drop on a wooden coaster... Magnus Colossus and Nash yes?

Yes, think the double drop on the Nash, the quick, sharp and painful (when you hit the bar) motion is ejector airtime.

Floater would be more like the airtime on Colossus when you fly over the bunny hill, its sustained for longer than ejector airtime andphysically feels lighter.

Angel

Hyper Poster
Floater ... more enjoyable .. I think.

Not sure really as I enjoy both. Ejector is fun but sometimes too short. I love floater dearly its just a wicked feeling!

Oh I dunno... Eithers good! Its airtime afterall!

A

Anonymous

Ejector all the way. Thats the difference for me between Nitro and S:ROS at SFNE. Floating may be smoother, but good ejector gives a thrill like no other.

Ejector tends to get on my nerves, because I can never tell when something is bumpy, or has loads of ejector. I'll come off a ride and be like "was that ejector heaven, or was that just plain rough?". Usually I dislike rides with loads of it, which is another reason why I prefer floater.

Floater is like, "laaa, I'm floating around and it feels neat", which I like. The coaster I notice the most floater on is Magnum XL-200... It's got crazy amounts of it, the most on any coaster I've been on. It just feels so cool to have your butt come up off the seat for a whole 5 seconds or so.

I don't base whether I like a ride or not mostly on airtime, because I can hardly notice it on a lot of things, but if it's obvious there's a lot, it certainly helps.

FastAndFurious

Mega Poster
LiveForTheLaunch said:
Ejector tends to get on my nerves, because I can never tell when something is bumpy, or has loads of ejector.

This theory doesn't work for Expedition GeForce, neither Goliath at Walibi World. :wink:

A

Anonymous

Harvey said:
Ejector to the bitter end, for the same reasons as Ross - I dont want any namby pamby halfway house ride, I was a full on klonk fest! :p

Coaster Force on the National's first double drop at the Thrills and Chills Live 05:

Wheeeeeeeee! OW GOD, Wheeeeeeee! And the screams of pain from sean (i20) on the ride we did after everyone else left, it was great! :)
The pain may slightly increase, as the new cars appear to be very free running - one was sent round today and made it all the way to the final drop first time, which the old cars wouldn't achieve, so they may prove to run just a little faster (he says without wanting to get into the speed verses acceleration discussion again). Ofcourse, it could just be the case that the bearings are nice and clean at this stage and were well run in by PTC with their proven rubber-wheel-in-handheld-drill-pressed-against-wheels method. I assume the PB simply put the old cars back together after maintenance, greased the bearings and put them straight on the track rather than running the wheels in first.

Anyway - ejector for me, ohhhhhhh yes. It's nice to combine the two though with floater accentuated by pops of ejector.

EDIT: I just watched some late 80s footage of the Comet being "broken in" at Crystal Beach pre season. They did it exactly how I've been told the PB woodies are done, or were done - lapbars open, one or two cars at a time, staff sitting on the edge and standing in the cars etc, getting out on hills when the cars stall on the antirollback racks, pushing them along, then getting back in once they get moving. Fabulous. Fantastic. I want to be doing that. :p

Imagine Nash airtime standing up, or sitting on the side of the car holding on. It'd be slightly milder due to the reduced velocity of a single car, but god it'd be fun. Ok so that was somewhat off topic but what the hell. It's Valentines Day and I'm alone, so I have a right to go off topic. :p

A

Anonymous

PAIN FOR PLEASURE

I prefer ejector because it is so goddamn crazy!!!

Floater is a nice feeling, But ejector is just much more of a laugh IMO

Kaycee

Roller Poster
I prefer floater.

Although ejector gives that great feeling of being all over the place and woaaah your restraint just saved you, I prefer the more free (and less painful) floater airtime. It's just more pleasant and I don't feel as restricted by the restraints. I get a big thrill out of floater airtime. :D

~X~

Roller Poster
I'm going to have to have for 'ejector', it just feels more intense, and the more intense the better! Well, up to a certain level anyway.

-X-

Rich Bacon

Roller Poster
Ejector definately, I often can't feel willy-lift on floater airtime which makes me sad, very sad :( . Ejector is cool as you get more willy-lift and bruises on your thighs that you can wear with pride :p . So Yeh!

jack

Roller Poster
Floater to me. The ejector airtime on Stealth, Rita and the Nash is just pure painful. Whereas the airtime I get on Air, Oblivion and Velocity is pure bliss.