What's new

Floater or Ejector

Ejector or Floater

• Ejector

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Floater

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I was just wondering whether you guys prefer ejector airtime or floater airtime. I myself prefer floater on most coasters except for woodies, because it's typical of a woodie to have ejector airtime. (thinks of Big Dipper and how much ejector air that has!)

c&r

Mega Poster
Ejector. I don't want no "oh look, I'm floating". I want "OMMFGWTFBBQ! I'm going everywhere! ARGH I JUST SMASHED INTO THE BAR!!! OH THE PAIN!! BUT THE PLEASSURREE!". That's my idea of airtime :-D; as far as I'm concerned, floater is just sub-standard ejector.

A

Anonymous

Floater...

imo, floater is so much cooler on steelies...

I haven't been on many woodies..but I have been on a few, and yes, I agree ejector is better on them.

But if you really love ejector air.. all you have to do is jump into a bar :p

Whereas floating at (more or less) 0G is awesome..

[I can imagine it would rock when you are high, too. :p]

Almost

Hyper Poster
Floater- I want that feeling of freedom airtime. I don't want to feel the restraint or the seat, i.e. floater.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
As fun as ejectors are, there is nothing as exhilerating as floating out of your seat on a huge airtime hill, such as MF's second hill.

So floaters for me.

Sam

Giga Poster
^ Exactly the same as Hyde244 for me. Though some ejectors are f00king fun- but nothing beats the feeling of floating out of your seat.

A

Anonymous

Ejector for the same reasons Ross mentioned. I guess I just think floater isnt as exciting or something.

Harvey

Hyper Poster
Ejector to the bitter end, for the same reasons as Ross - I dont want any namby pamby halfway house ride, I was a full on klonk fest! :p

Coaster Force on the National's first double drop at the Thrills and Chills Live 05:

Wheeeeeeeee! OW GOD, Wheeeeeeee! And the screams of pain from sean (i20) on the ride we did after everyone else left, it was great! :)

A

Anonymous

ejector is more intense and fun, but there is something almost spiritual about just floating through the air, especially when it's long lasting, like on "dive-machines", and it can have it's own sort of intensity, too. so, i suppose, floater. i love ejector too though!

Dude

Roller Poster
I like ejector more too. I mean a still adore floater, (especially on B&M megas) but nothing beats the feeling of getting ripped out of your seat, the pain of your legs hitting the lapbar. Definitly on Hypersonic, that tophat, it feels like I'm going to burst through the lapbar.

Mat

Hyper Poster
Ejector can hurt a bit :shocked::p becuase you are flying up to the restraint quicker than you are, than when you experiense a floater. Basically I mean that it is a much smoother ride.

Jake

Strata Poster
I like floater, I get the most amazing thrill from it, wheras I can nick my dads car and crash it or something similar to get the ejector kind of feeling.

c&r

Mega Poster
Ummm; MattB, Intamin are some of the smoothest rides ever, and they have plenty of ejector.

EDIT: \/ Good point.

Sam

Giga Poster
^He seems to be a Thorpe park guy though (put in a nice way :lol:) so I'm guessing his idea of an Intamin is Colossus or possibly Rita.... which can't compare to other Intamin's.

Mat

Hyper Poster
^ You are actually quite correct. I have only ever been to thorpe park and my new years resoultion is to go 2 AT, CWOA etc.

But any way, so there isn't much difference between floater and ejector. I thought there was becuase of the names.

A

Anonymous

I say Ejector.

The pain of smashing onto the lapbar of the GrandNational or Stamipida ect. just turns instantly into pleasure. It is so instant and has more force than floating about

joe

Mega Poster
I like both the same really, I just love any kind of airtime.

Ejector is great, the feeling of a coaster trowing out your seat into the restraint is great, Megaphobia does that well. Even some flats do it like Det.

Floater is more relaxed, but provides a great feeling. On Rita I got some great Floater airtime and Shot Towers.

robbeal

Hyper Poster
I'm not really fussed when it comes to woodies, i'm easy either way and i'll enjoy anything. On steels, you can't beat a spot of ejector air, Intamin airtime more specifically. Floater's still good, but the sort of airtime you get on GeForce is just unbeatable.

kir

Hyper Poster
I think ejector is crap. It's the kind of airtime that really bores me. I don't see anything thrilling about being thrown into my restraint, it's such a disappointment it's unreal. It's like woahhh I might float here, but then you just get thrown up into your restraint and it's a total anti-climax.

I much prefer floating around, I love floaty elements. That's the true out of control feeling, because for a second you suddenly feel totally free and it's almost as if you're flying through the air of your own accord.

IMO airtime is about riding the air in a smooth motion, not shagging the restraint above you.