What's new

Flamingo Land | Sik | Intamin 10 Inversion Coaster | 2022

airtime_uk_ash

Mega Poster
Pretty much with you there, but with this coaster, there's now a +3 there and I'm long overdue a few days catching up with people in Scarborough, so I might make an effort next summer.

Might.

Probably won't happen.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk
It's just such a bizarre investment and not in an interesting way, maybe 10 years ago it would have been exciting. I'm An hour away and don't even know if I can be bothered. On the other hand I'm practically salivating at the the prospect of a 5 hour drive to experience tornado springs ?

UKCoasterFan

Mega Poster
It's just such a bizarre investment and not in an interesting way, maybe 10 years ago it would have been exciting. I'm An hour away and don't even know if I can be bothered. On the other hand I'm practically salivating at the the prospect of a 5 hour drive to experience tornado springs ?
Which is why I don't believe the £20 million cost.
For anything north of £10 million you can get something custom designed, exciting and above all: NEW.
Anything from GCI or Gravity Kraft would have gotten my attention more.

I'm sure I'll go to ride it since I'm an enthusiast. But Intamin does a heck of a lot more interesting stuff than this off the shelf design.
£20 million probably would have gotten Flamingo Land a custom Taron double launch coaster or even a taller Stealth.
Look at other manufacturers as has been pointed out: RMC and the first one in the UK it would have been.

I've seen people defend the £20 million cost left, right and centre. Including some engineer stating that a lot of CAD work is necessary to complete this.

I.just.don't.buy.it

Last edited:

Peet

Giga Poster
Yeah I mean we just get soo many major coasters opening in the UK every year it's hard to get excited about a little old 100+ ft 10 inversion Intamin :p .

I'm kidding to a degree - I do know what you all mean with it being so similar to Colossus plus it's at FL so ops will be dreadful and there will be zero theme - but brighten up everyone, it's still a new major coaster for the UK! Personally I am looking forward to seeing it take shape and getting myself up to Yorkshire to re-complete my set of all "extreme" UK coasters.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend

facebook_1574269666354.jpg

facebook_1574269729515.jpg

facebook_1574269760511.jpg

facebook_1574269777314.jpg

facebook_1574269825179.jpg

Photos by Lee Jackson.

More photos from source.

Last edited:

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
^I heard about that too, a couple of sections missing that could definitely delay progress.

If they can't track down the missing pieces they can always get Intamin to manufacture some replacements.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
That sounds a bit odd to me, you can't just lose 2 giant bits of roller coaster track surely? It isn't delivered by Hermes is it?
I've heard previously that not all of the coaster was shipped to Malaysia and there was still a small portion left in Brazil, so perhaps it is there?