What's new

Flamingo Land | Sik | Intamin 10 Inversion Coaster | 2022

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Personally, I like it when coasters look older and worn. Makes them look slightly vintage IMO. Although I don't love the colour scheme, I think they could pull off a nice look with some decent landscaping and foliage.

spicy

Giga Poster
This was the planning application, clearly grey to blend in with the skyline.

They can’t just decide to leave it red when it was approved grey.

a474817e170d6cb5cfd6de34257c7ca4.jpg

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Its not totally unheard of for rides to be painted after they arrived at parks.
The Chinese obviously do it a lot, Transmart have a habbit of putting up their Vekoma Coasters and then repainting them when they are up as well.
It happens less in the west but it has happened before with other big rides. it sort of happened fairly recently with Monster. But then they just gave up.

Fun fact back in the day even huge rides like Riddler's Revenge some times turned up at parks unpainted. Although in this case it was painted before it was put up.
Riddlerpaint.png
Source

Dar

Hyper Poster
Surely is easier to paint on the ground though? Mind you, no point wasting paint on the bits you can't see!

Have been told they're behind schedule due to an issue with some footers, but it seems like they've got plenty of time to get it sorted

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
A new path is going in under velocity, most likely for the queue, so the entrance will be on the other side of velocity. I would post the picture but the maximum image size is offensively small so I can't. Is it really too much to ask to return the upload size to how it was before the site got it's recent upgrades? This is very frustrating and I know I'm not the only one with this issue. PLEASE can someone fix this issue?

vaugc002

Mega Poster
A new path is going in under velocity, most likely for the queue, so the entrance will be on the other side of velocity. I would post the picture but the maximum image size is offensively small so I can't. Is it really too much to ask to return the upload size to how it was before the site got it's recent upgrades? This is very frustrating and I know I'm not the only one with this issue. PLEASE can someone fix this issue?
It takes maybe 20 seconds to open the image in Paint, resize and save. Done.
I'm sure there are more pressing things the devs/ coders are working on

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
This has been an ongoing issue though, and I know I'm not the only member who has complained about it. It's just getting quite frustrating as it wasn't an issue before the site was upgraded (no complaints with the rest of the upgrades though).

Ethan

Strata Poster
This has been an ongoing issue though, and I know I'm not the only member who has complained about it. It's just getting quite frustrating as it wasn't an issue before the site was upgraded (no complaints with the rest of the upgrades though).
Can't you just right click the image, copy the image address and then embed the photo on here, like everyone else? And if the photo isn't online already, just upload it to a site like imgur and use the image address from there! Everyone else can manage it, it's really not that difficult?

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
to be fair, not condoning the way he’s gone about raising this issue, but he has a point... Far more people use the internet on mobile devices than desktops and laptops these days. Especially given most people use the same device to capture the photos, and resizing is anything from a pain to impossible without 3rd party apps on a phone, depending which phone.

Doesn’t bother me, I use the Lightroom app to edit my images and just save them in a smaller size for CF, but I get his problem :)

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Can't you just right click the image, copy the image address and then embed the photo on here, like everyone else? And if the photo isn't online already, just upload it to a site like imgur and use the image address from there! Everyone else can manage it, it's really not that difficult?
Do you not think that's what I was doing?

If the file size was too large, I would usually post it on Discord which would allow me to easily alter the size. But it didn't work this time, and it is not a case of "everyone else" managing it, I have seen other notable members complain about it too. @Pear is one I can think of off the top of my head.

Dar

Hyper Poster
Went for a mooch on Monday while the car was in the garage and snapped a few pics. Seems they've got RCS in to do at least some of the construction as well! They had the first bit of lift track in, most of the station(?) up, and a lift support when we were there.

mKMTrrR.jpg

SlF7cgz.jpg

h24j94z.jpg

They were also doing something over near Lost Vertebrae River Ride
cFhULSN.jpg

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I am trying to muster up a **** to give about this and I'm utterly failing.
Pretty much with you there, but with this coaster, there's now a +3 there and I'm long overdue a few days catching up with people in Scarborough, so I might make an effort next summer.

Might.

Probably won't happen.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk