What's new

Flamingo Land | Sik | Intamin 10 Inversion Coaster | 2022

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
But realistically, if this movement of mud really was for a new coaster, of whatever size, wouldn't there be some sort of plans in place? Planning applications, consultations, basic blueprints, all that kinda stuff? Surely all that would be available for public scrutiny before the diggers moved in?

Did the Hero / Twistosaurus expansion back in 2013 get some sort of leaked permit filing months beforehand?

Dar

Hyper Poster
Did the Hero / Twistosaurus expansion back in 2013 get some sort of leaked permit filing months beforehand?
Plans are generally publicly available through the local councils, unless they have agreements in place so they don't need apply, like Blackpool does

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Not to put too big a dampner on the 10 Inversion theory but a little bit of measuring suggests if they are preparing a site on the old corkscrew area that the site is too small.
Using Google Maps measuring tool you can see the Italian version of this exact ride is roughly 200m long
Flam2.JPG

Which would require the major part of this area of land to be used

Flam3.JPG
Now these images from 26th of Feb (top) and 3rd of March (bottom) are from the ESA Sentinel program and while they dont have great spacial resolution you can see the bottom end of this area doesnt seem to have been touched.
Flam5.JPG
Flam4.JPG

While its possible I personally dont see it happening I'm afraid.

Pierre

Strata Poster
^ it’s not just the old corkscrew site it extends to where the runaway mine train and cycle monorail is too. Practically in parallel with velocity. See first few posts.

Edit: just managed to see your point. It was early when I posted. So yeah the plan is for it to go more horizontal on the map rather than vertically down to the grass area.

Last edited:

Matthew Fair

Mega Poster
Not to put too big a dampner on the 10 Inversion theory but a little bit of measuring suggests if they are preparing a site on the old corkscrew area that the site is too small.
Using Google Maps measuring tool you can see the Italian version of this exact ride is roughly 200m long
View attachment 4696

Which would require the major part of this area of land to be used

View attachment 4697
Now these images from 26th of Feb (top) and 3rd of March (bottom) are from the ESA Sentinel program and while they dont have great spacial resolution you can see the bottom end of this area doesnt seem to have been touched.
View attachment 4698
View attachment 4699

While its possible I personally dont see it happening I'm afraid.
upload_2019-3-18_16-41-30.png
Looks like it would fit to me...

Leon

Roller Poster
That picture above of the stakes is what i see a few weeks ago , it very interesting how they run parallel to velocity ? i could be wrong but if it is the inversion 10 iam putting my money on this being where the in line twists will go as this will make a great focal point as you enter the park as you will have to walk under them to get to the rest of the attractions. Mingo desperately needs a flagship ride because the hang and bang is not up to the job .

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
^Which hang'n'bang? I count at least 2. ;)

Also, if this does end up being the 10 inversion coaster, how would it rank among other coasters in the UK?

Last edited:

Leon

Roller Poster
^Which hang'n'bang? I count at least 2. ;)

Also, if this does end up being the 10 inversion coaster, how would it rank among other coasters in the UK?
Very true lol.
Well personally i hate Colossus at thorpe park but i think that due to the trains it is a good lay out just damn uncomfortable this would defiantly be the best coaster at flamingo land if it has lap bars but i doubt it will be better than nemmy or icon .

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Ah my mistake with the orientation of the ride. Didnt expect the planned route would be over an entrance plaza. I'm still sceptical its going to Flamingo but not as sceptical as I was :p

Anyhow those pictures of the ride in Malaysia I posted to VH yesterday arrived just as I got ready for bed and I had no proper PC access so couldnt post them here. But now I can :)

these were taken originally by an Intamin engineer called Stefan who I believe worked on the project when it first went to Hopi Hari.
Did a quick verification to check if these pics were indeed at MAPS in Malaysia (Its a lot more overgrown than the last pics i saw) and if you look at the picture below you can see the buildings at the back match up nicely.
Also seems the Train did make it to Malaysia its just been hidden away the whole time.
Hap.JPG

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Very true lol.
Well personally i hate Colossus at thorpe park but i think that due to the trains it is a good lay out just damn uncomfortable this would defiantly be the best coaster at flamingo land if it has lap bars but i doubt it will be better than nemmy or icon .

I am curious how the newer Colossus clones ride. I'm sure there are people here who have ridden them? Is there any kinda reviews about? I'm skeptical but more hopeful at the moment.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
I am curious how the newer Colossus clones ride. I'm sure there are people here who have ridden them? Is there any kinda reviews about? I'm skeptical but more hopeful at the moment.
There was a CF live at Cinnecitta World a couple of years back so there will be some members here who have ridden at least one.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I've done Crazy Coaster in China (the first of the newer model?) and really liked it. The lap bars make a huge difference both in terms of comfort and making it a "scarier" ride, the inline twists especially.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Not really, but it doesn't feel anywhere near as restrictive. I guess the seats are deeper/angled differently, probably due to the lap bars mostly.
c080609f4df24e2025987b59090104e1.jpg

Matthew Fair

Mega Poster
Interestingly I tried getting something out of their pr team on Facebook and they said "nothing has been confirmed yet"- so they didn't say no!