What's new

Flamingo Land | Sik | Intamin 10 Inversion Coaster | 2022

Leon

Roller Poster
Plot twist flamingo land are just concreting that area and they have bought tornado from M and D's and just plonking it straight on ready for a July opening, you heard it here first lmao

Roller Poster
Knightmare is dead.
The bit of the station approach track has been removed for at least a year.
And as we all know, it is destined for Southport.
Absolutely.
Southport is expanding at the moment, i just hope it goes somewhere before its too late. Honestly i think it would be a top 5 coaster in the uk due to its uniqueness and intensity.

rob666

Hyper Poster
It is already too late.
It was a second hand ride to begin with, and has rotted for years since closing, with zero maintenance.
It also just wasn't that good, not even in my UK top twenty.

airtime_uk_ash

Mega Poster
Knightmare is dead.
The bit of the station approach track has been removed for at least a year.
And as we all know, it is destined for Southport.
Absolutely.
Oh yeah I know it's well and truly dead. I drive past the thing twice a day.. I'm just saying theoretically I know what I'd prefer..

Niles

Giga Poster
Its a shame to know it’s just sat there rotting, even if it’s not the best coaster for a lot of parks in the UK it would be there top.

Hopefully I can get on it in the future :emoji_fingers_crossed:

Tonkso

Hyper Poster
What would be the chances on Thorpe getting hold of those trains? It was almost unbearable yesterday, the lap bars would make a world of difference to it.

(Weirdly, Saw was running really fast and gave sustained floater...)

JoshC.

Strata Poster
None.

There would still be a large amount of modifications required to the ride for new trains to work (assuming the new style trains have the exact same specifications as the old trains and could fit on the track without issues in the first place), and so would require a large amount of money.

So the level of investment required to put new trains in would probably justify Thorpe just going straight to Intamin for the trains.

Equally, don't know how keen anyone would be to sell trains and not track, since it's still in good nick but would be essentially useless.

Matt N

CF Legend
What would be the chances on Thorpe getting hold of those trains? It was almost unbearable yesterday, the lap bars would make a world of difference to it.

(Weirdly, Saw was running really fast and gave sustained floater...)
I thought Colossus was allegedly smoother after they changed the wheels last year?