What's new

Flamingo Land | Sik | Intamin 10 Inversion Coaster | 2022

This is the park that had to change Cliffhanger's themed red and white panels to a boring grey colour scheme to meet planning regulations so..
Well I think Cliffhanger is in those Scarborough plans still, so maybe this 10 looper is the start of new attractions, including a better drop tower. Flamingo Land could be the UK's Busch Gardens Tampa/Williamsburg. A zoo and a themed park!

Niles

Giga Poster
This is a great investment for the park and i hope they see a big boost in attendance upon opening, also i hope this leads them to do bigger investments in the future even if they still just buy clones to save money there are some fantastic clones out there. Intamin mega lite plz ?

Tonkso

Hyper Poster
It's too far from the major population centres for that, an hour from Leeds (and the wrong side of it for the North West crowd). Unfortunately, it's never going to be Busch, but let's love it for what it is... and hope they get a B&M some time down the line (stick an Invert in to give the finger to Thorpe).

Howie

Donkey in a hat
This is gonna make you laugh - no really, it will - but when I was at Flamingo Land I did actually get a Busch Gardens kinda vibe from the place.
See? I told you you'd laugh. But it's true, I did. Now, obviously, Flamingo Land isn't Busch Gardens, I know that, you know that, but what I'm talking about here is not a comparison of attractions or overall quality, just a little bit of a vibe, y'know? The zoo/theme park combo, the set-up, the colour palette, plus it was a lovely sunny day.
I was on that boat ride - you know that one that sails past some of the animal enclosures? - and I half expected it to turn into the Rhino Rally and become an off-road adventure thingy. It didn't, of course, but the point is I had to remind myself that I wasn't in Florida and that I was, in fact, in Yorkshire.
So yeah, @Coaster Chall YouTube is not talking as much arse water as some of you are making out. :p

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
Oh wow, I'm glad that I am not the only one that is fond of Rhino Rally! I rode it several times as a child, and it used to be my favorite ride at Busch Gardens Tampa (In particular, I remember the part where the truck dropped off of the bridge and into the water). It's a shame that Rhino Rally cut the canyon scenes in favor of Cheetah Hunt, and it was quietly removed just 3 years later.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Oh wow, I'm glad that I am not the only one that is fond of Rhino Rally! I rode it several times as a child, and it used to be my favorite ride at Busch Gardens Tampa (In particular, I remember the part where the truck dropped off of the bridge and into the water). It's a shame that Rhino Rally cut the canyon scenes in favor of Cheetah Hunt, and it was quietly removed just 3 years later.
I think the water bit was cut way before cheetah as it always had technical issues so after a brief time it always ran dry. The water section was awesome though! At least they could use it for something else.

Ben

CF Legend
Yeah Flamingo might have vibes of Busch but a load of Chinese **** holes have ‘vibes’ of Disney.

Just because something is a poor imitation doesn’t mean they’re the same.

The Busch parks, especially BGW, are a gold standard of parks. Flamingoland is a carny hole with a zebra.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Wait...it's ONLY an hour away from Leeds, and that's the reason why Mingo will never make it big? Cedar Point is over an hour from Cleveland, and two hours from Detroit and Columbus. Magic Mountain is an hour north of LA proper. Six Flags Great Adventure is over an hour from Manhattan and Philadelphia - it's actually in the middle of nowhere. Six Flags Great America is an hour north of downtown Chicago. Comparatively, many of the British parks are all in your back yards :p

Ben

CF Legend
Wait...it's ONLY an hour away from Leeds, and that's the reason why Mingo will never make it big? Cedar Point is over an hour from Cleveland, and two hours from Detroit and Columbus. Magic Mountain is an hour north of LA proper. Six Flags Great Adventure is over an hour from Manhattan and Philadelphia - it's actually in the middle of nowhere. Six Flags Great America is an hour north of downtown Chicago. Comparatively, many of the British parks are all in your back yards :p

That’s defo not the reason, not really sure what he’s talking about - when our biggest park is Towers and that’s in the middle of ****ing nowhere.

Mingo will never be big because it’s turd, not because of where it is.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster

Plus our roads are of much worse quality and tiring to drive than American roads. For you guys, 2 hours is nothing. For us, 2 hours can be a chore and nearly always have traffic through various towns and villages without a bypass... Flamingoland and Towers being practically in the nearby village. Thorpe being next to 2 major motorways but still have to head through the centre of Staines to get there. Think Paultons might be our only park easily accesible of a major road without passing through any villages unnneccessarily

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
to be fair towers is closer to stoke than flamingo land is to leeds
On a good run it takes me 30 minutes to get to towers from Derby... Nottingham to towers 1 hour... Birmingham to Towers 1 hour 10 mins, Manchester to Towers 1 hour 20 mins... Sheffield to Towers 1 hour 15 mins... Stockport, Leicester, Wolverhampton, Shrewsbury and many many more large cities or towns all around an hour away from Towers... Whilst Towers is in a remote area, that area is very central and served very well by the A50 and A52, meaning they have a huge population within an hour or so.

otwidalepda

Roller Poster
I really do not think location is an issue - if someone wants to visit a particular place then they will travel. It is the quality of the place that will attract or deter people. There will always be an element of travel - and lets face it, realistically... is an hour that far?