What's new

Flamingo Land | Sik | Intamin 10 Inversion Coaster | 2022

Pierre

Strata Poster
Total rumour at this stage and from what I’ve heard it’s expected July which seems ambitious. However some of the smaller rides in the area circled have been relocated already so who knows...

Edit: Won’t let me add second pic but anyway, go to google maps and take a look at colossus in Thorpe park and see how well that would fit in the area...

Attachments

• 64D98A83-17AB-4254-9765-FFEB6756753B.jpeg
    64D98A83-17AB-4254-9765-FFEB6756753B.jpeg
    181 KB · Views: 208

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Couldn't find any planning applications for anything after a quick look. Doubt they'd be able to build a decent sized coaster as suggested without one.

elephant58

Hyper Poster
Yeah and it surely can't be anything that big if they're looking at a July opening. They are due a big one though.

MakoMania

Mega Poster
Riderater posted on their rumour page that Flamingo Land may have purchased a 10 inversion Intamin coaster.

No idea to the credibility of this, but riderater has been around for a while now.

elephant58

Hyper Poster
Seems like a weird choice if it is, Colossus is probably one of the country's best known coasters and this would obviously look exactly the same (or at least to most people).

lachlan

Mega Poster
It could be the one currently "under construction" in Malaysia, I have not seen any construction update so maybe they sold it on?

Sure it would fit, but I think a medium sized wooden coaster would suit the park much better

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
I think this would be a great ride (if it has the new restraints like on Altair in Italy), but most British GP would see it as a Colossus knockoff right? If this isn't what they get then I think a Premier Rides Skyrocket II would be a likely candidate for this park's next coaster- it's a clone (EVERYTHING at Flamingo Land is a clone, Mumbo Jumbo had its drop tweaked to become the steepest but that's the only exception), cheap at only $6 million USD, a compact ride with a pleasing look to the park's skyline, and a first of its kind in the U.K. Flamingo Land could easily market it as the first triple launched roller coaster in the United Kingdom, with the highest inversion in the country.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I'm not saying I think for a second that a 10-inversion coaster is going there, but there is a "spare" one knocking about and probably going quite cheap.

The customer base for Flamingoland has pretty much no overlap with Thorpe. The number of people who'd have been to both will be pretty small. They're in completely different markets and just aren't competing.

And no, Collossus is not a particularly well-known coaster once you get north of the M25.

They also had no problem having an identical Corkscrew coaster to Alton Towers for many, many years either.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
As Gavin says, whilst Colossus put Thorpe 'on the map', it's not necessarily iconic and synonymous with the park these days. The big creds are more Saw and Stealth (and even then, people don't really link Saw to other Eurofighters in the country).

So the only ride type that would be seen as a knock off would be some form of Intamin accelerator.

But Flamingo Land getting a 10 inversion cred? Damn that sounds crazy. I'll believe it when I see it. But if there's no construction happening on site now, I don't for one second see it opening in July..

Lofty

CF Legend
That's really interesting - I cannot see a July opening possible, maybe a July launch for the next season, but that's kinda it?

Matt N

CF Legend
This is certainly an interesting rumour! Would certainly put Flamingo Land back on the map if true!
Riderater posted on their rumour page that Flamingo Land may have purchased a 10 inversion Intamin coaster.

No idea to the credibility of this, but riderater has been around for a while now.
Where is this accessible, out of interest, as the last thing they posted on their website was about Loggers Leap closing?

JoshC.

Strata Poster
So this coaster that’s floating around somewhere, is it the original model or the slightly upgraded lapbar model?

According to RCDB, it's the upgraded model.

But I felt like the one that was floating about was the one originally going to Brazil, which pre-dates Altair, which was the first upgraded one. Unless I've got muddled up with different, randomly floating about 10 inversion coasters?

Pierre

Strata Poster
Matt N it is on their rumours page http://riderater.co.uk/rumours/
SilverArrow where were you searching for planning applications? I know Flamingo Land falls under Ryedale county so was searching planning applications on there but I don’t think it’s accurate/up to date as when you search ‘coaster’ the most recent one was magnum force in 1999 lol - and if you search flamingo land it’s usually applications for extending tourism dates etc?

Edit: what’s the Malaysian one? Does anyone have RCDB link?

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Matt N it is on their rumours page http://riderater.co.uk/rumours/
SilverArrow where were you searching for planning applications? I know Flamingo Land falls under Ryedale county so was searching planning applications on there but I don’t think it’s accurate/up to date as when you search ‘coaster’ the most recent one was magnum force in 1999 lol - and if you search flamingo land it’s usually applications for extending tourism dates etc?

Edit: what’s the Malaysian one? Does anyone have RCDB link?
https://rcdb.com/10237.htm
https://rcdb.com/14360.htm

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
According to RCDB, it's the upgraded model.

But I felt like the one that was floating about was the one originally going to Brazil, which pre-dates Altair, which was the first upgraded one. Unless I've got muddled up with different, randomly floating about 10 inversion coasters?
Nope, Crazy Coaster in China was the first of the upgraded model.

Ethan

Strata Poster
But I felt like the one that was floating about was the one originally going to Brazil, which pre-dates Altair, which was the first upgraded one.
I could have sworn Hopi Hard purchased one ages ago and never built it, with red track. Was this the one you're thinking of? I heard something about it being sold off or something and then the instruction manual (or whatever the proper term is) was lost or something.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
As of 3 days ago the Intamin track from the old Hopi Hari looper was still at MAPS in Malaysia.
Heres a slightly older image but the track is still in the same position just NW of the park itself.
MAPSP.JPG

Now theres some reports and circumstancial evidence to suggest not all the track was shipped from Brazil to MAPS in the first place. There was an ongoing legal dispute between a local buisnessman who i believe loaned the money to the park for the coaster and the park itself over the ride and at the time it was said that shipping of the ride was suspended part way through leaving part of the ride in Brazil.

Looking at the image below of the ride at HH in 2014 and comparing it to the image of the ride at MAPS above. It certainly appears that there is significantly less track/supports at MAPS than was originally at HH.
Hopi10.JPG

Anyway in conclusion this ride is in more of a mess than Paramount London and just as likely to open any time soon in any form. With the ride seemingly spread across 2 continents i cant see Flamingo Land getting their hands on it.