What's new

Flamingo Land | Sik | Intamin 10 Inversion Coaster | 2022

FistedColossus

Hyper Poster
Just catching up on the last few pages, sounds a really tough time for the park. Only popped in here to see if the new coaster will be open soon.

Colossus is one of my favourite ever coasters so was really looking forward to getting on this. I wonder if the worst was to happen and they had to close, if Thorpe would perhaps consider buying the trains and rebranding Colossus for 2022 as a new experience?

Dar

Hyper Poster
A friend that used to with work* there's told me it's not opening at all this year, partly because they're struggling to get the engineers back from Germany? I assume he means RCS but who knows with him 🤣

Last edited:

Professor

Previously AndrewRollercoaster
A friend that used to with work* there's told me it's not opening at all this year, partly because they're struggling to get the engineers back from Germany? I assume he means RCS but who knows with him 🤣
Just read something similar.

This is very sad for the industry.

Seems Paultons now leads the way for roller coaster construction & roller coaster openings in the UK.

Pierre

Strata Poster
I went yesterday. Obviously nothing of note happening. I took a panoramic shot of the full thing - tried to upload it on here but apparently in 2021, 5.8mb is a shockingly large file size?! Anyway I sent it to RCDB who’ve put it on their site if you were interested - https://rcdb.com/17570.htm#p=126087

I too am under the impression this thing isn’t going to open until 2022 now. Bit of an odd one at Flamingo Land at the moment - Flip Flop is for sale as is the old Dino/Nessie coaster they’re both SBNO with signs on them saying this ride will not be operational this year (although it’s unclear if those signs are leftover from 2020 as well...)

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I seem to remember this was to be painted grey? And that that paint job did start at one point? But I can't see any grey - is that just the angle of the photo, or has the grey paint now mysteriously disappeared?

Either way, it's strange and a shame, as that red/yellow combo works well!

Pierre

Strata Poster
I seem to remember this was to be painted grey? And that that paint job did start at one point? But I can't see any grey - is that just the angle of the photo, or has the grey paint now mysteriously disappeared?

Either way, it's strange and a shame, as that red/yellow combo works well!
It’s still there, it’s at the bottom of the two corkscrew elements. I think only one section of track was painted (probably a tester?!) and they’ve done nothing with it since. 0E54B286-6D18-4A07-B442-624294D72384.png

Professor

Previously AndrewRollercoaster
Can just picture the Billy Connolly-esque voice over of the Planet Coaster console edition once you delete Hero:
"So yea finally did it, aye yea finally deleted the one ride that was a pile of pish and nobody liked all along. A mighty congratulations is in order my dear sir!"

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Your park rating would shoot to 900 and you'll unlock the next scenario
Shout-out to that scenario in RCT2 (I think it was one of the Six Flags scenarios?) that was intended to be quite difficult, as you started out with a quite large park but also a big loan to pay back. The easiest way to win was to sell all the coasters and use the money to pay off the loan. It could be done in less than a minute.

owenjohn

Roller Poster
Had a trip to the park today, not a chance of it opening this year. Most of the supports only have 4 bolts where they connect with the footers. No sign of any work on the queue line. No sign of any trains or cars on the track, and going by the operations today the park is really struggling.

tynemouthsurfer

Roller Poster
Had a trip to the park today, not a chance of it opening this year. Most of the supports only have 4 bolts where they connect with the footers. No sign of any work on the queue line. No sign of any trains or cars on the track, and going by the operations today the park is really struggling.
Agree I was there this week. They have shut down Kumali to save on running costs... Hopefully they get some much needed cash over the summer and can get Kumali running and make headway with this Intamin in time for 2022.