What's new

Flamingo Land | Sik | Intamin 10 Inversion Coaster | 2022

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Not sure where these rumours come from to be honest, you hear it a lot about different parks. But as I said in my earlier post I think people get mixed up with the permitted development rights available to most amusement parks which allow them to erect equipment up to 25m in height without planning. Most associated building would still need planning though.
Probably stemmed from the fact that Blackpool had/has a waiver so people assumed that other parks might do as well and the fact that some recent additions didn't have applications, but as you have mentioned could be related to permitted development.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Can we assume then, seeing as groundwork seems to have already started, that this planning application is not expected to encounter any issues?
Gotta say, on the whole I'm very happy about this. Only went to Mingo once about 10 years ago and honestly had a pretty decent day there - nice weather, low crowds, decent ops and a bosting mixed grill in one of the restaurants. Yeah, I'd say I was ready to visit again. A new(ish) Intamin 10 looper will do just the trick.

oopnorth

Roller Poster
The full documents are now online for the planning application.
Just skim read, points that jump out:
  • Will be painted silver(track) & black (supports)
  • waiver is upto 25m high this is 34m
  • footprint 200m X 400m
  • expected to be in place for 2020 season opening

Last edited:
  • footprint 200m X 400m
Very nice! It's gonna be amazing!!

• footprint 200m X 400m
Just out of interest, where abouts is the full planning (including this info) cause I've just checked it out and it said the same as before

Niles

Giga Poster
  • footprint 200m X 400m

Do you have the link, i'm having trouble finding the documents.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
@roomraider Are all the track and supports still at MAPS? If the coaster is getting a re-paint before it gets shipped to Flamingo Land then surely it must be leaving soon to get painted? :)

JMW

Roller Poster
Here’s a picture of the trains this ride will have..

153365d1360886965-neu-2012-10-inversion-coaster-hopi-hari-brasilien-trem-10i-hopi-hari-2-.jpg
trem+10i+-+hopi+hari+%281%29.jpg

Last edited:

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
CONFIRMED LAPBARS?
If this is the same coaster from Hopi Hari, then it looks as though the trains feature the same lap bars as skyrush. If this is the coaster flamingo land are getting then it will be ALOT smoother than colossus at Thorpe Park! :)

153365d1360886965-neu-2012-10-inversion-coaster-hopi-hari-brasilien-trem-10i-hopi-hari-2-.jpg
trem+10i+-+hopi+hari+%281%29.jpg
All the Rev. B loopers have lap bars, it's no surprise at all tbh.