What's new

Flamingo Land | Sik | Intamin 10 Inversion Coaster | 2022

Ethan

Strata Poster
I just don't get it at all. They get a coaster, name it after a f*ckboy clothing brand for small-town homophobes, give the station a "nightclub" atmosphere, give people a chance to purchase said clothing... Yet it's plonked in a family theme park? Everything about this is so so goofy I kinda love it.

Sandman

Giga Poster
Has anyone actually heard of this "on trend" SikSilk by the way?

It's such a jarring, horrible concept / sponsorship. And not in the hilariously tacky Blackpool Pleasure Beach / Mandy T sense.

Ethan

Strata Poster

It's such a jarring, horrible concept / sponsorship. And not in the hilariously tacky Blackpool Pleasure Beach / Mandy T sense.
The clothing brand? Yeah it's been popular for years now, mostly with the gym rat lads, if you catch my drift, quite trashy overall though. I think ASOS did/do stock it so I imagine that helped boost it's popularity.

rob666

Hyper Poster

The owners of the two brands are bessie mates apparently, local business geography forms the strange link.
Still a naff name.
Edit...just been looking at the siksilk trade reviews...poor quality product, overpriced, refuses to give refunds for duff product.
Lowest quality product, fake address of base, fake phone number, unanswered emails, very poor materials.
Sounds like the perfect sponsor for the whole of Mingo, not just the new ride.

Last edited:

Matt N

CF Legend
How come they’re claiming 10 inversions to be “world record-equalling” when Smiler exists in the same country?

The owners of the two brands are bessie mates apparently, local business geography forms the strange link.
Still a naff name.
Edit...just been looking at the siksilk trade reviews...poor quality product, overpriced, refuses to give refunds for duff product.
Lowest quality product, fake address of base, fake phone number, unanswered emails, very poor materials.
Sounds like the perfect sponsor for the whole of Mingo, not just the new ride.

From what I can gather, noone seems to like the new uniforms much either...

Fleetwood_Mack

Mega Poster
I had a quick browse through their clothing and it's all very "middle aged man that still thinks he's a boy racer" isn't it. Conjures up images of literally any ASDA car park on a Saturday night. Creepy old men revving around in neon coloured cars whistling at teenage girls.

What a hilarious choice. I love this purely because of how incredibly awful it is. I can't believe the worst thing to happen in terms of UK parks this year doesn't even qualify for the WTF Merlin thread. Brilliant.

Looking forward to riding this and laughing my way through the whole tacky experience. It's going to be fun!

Last edited:

Furiustobaco

Mega Poster
It looks amazing! Yeah bruv innit looking forward to the gift shop full of people shivving each other.

They should put some smell pods with Universal credit smells. They should make everyone chain smoke in the queue too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
It looks amazing! Yeah bruv innit looking forward to the gift shop full of people shivving each other.

They should put some smell pods with Universal credit smells. They should make everyone chain smoke in the queue too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I get your joke, I really do, and it's aimed at Chavs really of course, not hard working families. But the reference to UC in the current economic climate is probably in bad taste IMO. 17.5% of UK households currently relying on it, including hard working families, and that's sure to grow because our economy is in such a state. They're probably not proud of having to rely on help, despite working every hour god sends, as it is, so perhaps we don't tarnish everyone who relies on it with the same brush.

Thankfully I don't have to rely on it, but I count my blessings every day that I'm 'currently' one of the lucky ones!

Sorry, I know no offence was intended, I don't mean to have a go at you, but I just detest the stereo type that links chavs and hard working people who need a little help, through no fault of their own. I also realise I'm probably on my own here with this opinion, after all, we all have a very expensive hobby, so I'll just shut up now... 🙈 🤣 🤣 🤣

Yeh... Name's s#!t

Furiustobaco

Mega Poster
I get your joke, I really do, and it's aimed at Chavs really of course, not hard working families. But the reference to UC in the current economic climate is probably in bad taste IMO. 17.5% of UK households currently relying on it, including hard working families, and that's sure to grow because our economy is in such a state. They're probably not proud of having to rely on help, despite working every hour god sends, as it is, so perhaps we don't tarnish everyone who relies on it with the same brush.

Thankfully I don't have to rely on it, but I count my blessings every day that I'm 'currently' one of the lucky ones!

Sorry, I know no offence was intended, I don't mean to have a go at you, but I just detest the stereo type that links chavs and hard working people who need a little help, through no fault of their own. I also realise I'm probably on my own here with this opinion, after all, we all have a very expensive hobby, so I'll just shut up now... 🙈 🤣 🤣 🤣

Yeh... Name's s#!t
Yeah I get you. I was mostly satirising/poking fun the kind of “roadman“ Stereotype.

im working class myself (I worked on 6.56 a hour for 3 years). i completely understand why people need help right now with fuel prices and heating being extortionate

But yeah I really hope Flamingo Land rethink their life choices, I mean the rides name. Also why Can’t they get a sledgehammer and remove that Zamperla torture device.

tynemouthsurfer

Roller Poster
Bizarre name and theme but assume it makes sense from a £££ sponsorship point of view. I suppose this also leaves open the prospect of a new sponsor / no sponsor / retheme as we have seen with sponsored rides in the past in 3 or 5 or 10 years however long this brand is signed up for.

Visited FL over half term with the family and it did not feel as busy as you might expect for June school holiday and decent enough dry weather. Hopefully this ride will give the park a shot in the arm in respect of attendance.

tynemouthsurfer

Roller Poster
Bizarre name and theme but assume it makes sense from a £££ sponsorship point of view. I suppose this also leaves open the prospect of a new sponsor / no sponsor / retheme as we have seen with sponsored rides in the past in 3 or 5 or 10 years however long this brand is signed up for.

Visited FL over half term with the family and it did not feel as busy as you might expect for June school holiday and decent enough dry weather. Hopefully this ride will give the park a shot in the arm in respect of attendance.

catsounds

Mega Poster
The first humans got to ride for the first time today in the form of the 2 Intamin engineers.

One stood up after his ride and promptly said in a Swiss accent "Faaaaaaaaaaaaack that's insaaaaaaaaane"

He said that the speed it carries through the heartline rolls is rediculous and that despite 2 slight sideways bumps it rides like butter.
possible new name for the double corkscrew? 😂

bdrizzyb

Roller Poster
We do have to remember there pendulum ride is called: 'Flip Flop' so I'm so surprised that this isnt called 'sandal'........They do have the most un imaginative names. Just look at there flying coaster Hero, there suspended coaster Zoom.......yes Sik is probably the new low though!!!!!!