What's new

Flamingo Land | Sik | Intamin 10 Inversion Coaster | 2022

Lofty

CF Legend
What good coasters are surprisingly cheap? Really curious as to the fact behind that.

In terms of costs of coasters, it doesn't matter how 'cheap' they are, it depends on the park as to whether or not they're going to actually pay for it. They may have £14,000,000 sat in your bank (for arguments sake) but that's not to say they're going to buy a coaster because it's cheap - they might have many different aims in their business to spend the money elsewhere.

spicy

Giga Poster
I do hope you are right but I won't get excited until I see a pile driver putting some proper footers in.

This.

There's obviously something happening on the site. However a new fence and gift shop is as likely as the Intamin 10 looper at the moment. Could even turn out to be Knightmare :)

If we see the 10 looper disappear from the field in Malaysia then I will start believing.

Oh god I just thought...imagine if Flamingo Land is getting the 10 Looper and Lightwater Valley bought Knightmare...or the other way around:emoji_astonished::emoji_astonished:

Leon

Roller Poster
Oh god I just thought...imagine if Flamingo Land is getting the 10 Looper and Lightwater Valley bought Knightmare...or the other way around:emoji_astonished::emoji_astonished:
Never going to happen mingo had 3 Schwarzkopfs in the 90s and got rid of them all due to maintenance nightmare they not going to want another one now that they even older , However i would love to be proved wrong !!

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
This.

There's obviously something happening on the site. However a new fence and gift shop is as likely as the Intamin 10 looper at the moment. Could even turn out to be Knightmare :)

If we see the 10 looper disappear from the field in Malaysia then I will start believing.
Yeah, my thoughts exactly. Just because we know someone in the UK is bidding on that coaster doesn't mean they'll win and have their offer accepted. Hope so though because this would be a crazy plot twist for the park, and the UK in general. I think Colossus has a really good layout (ending repetitive uncomfortable inversions aside) and the lapbar version has been on my bucket list for a while (although many say it's not much better), but I know not everyone likes Colossus.

I'm a bit confused about the timeline for the land clearance though as it seems too early considering it sounds like they don't have the coaster secured yet. My bet is that they have more than one option for the land and if they don't get the coaster (if it is even an option, we don't know at this point) they might have something else they'll build anyway.

In other news, I still need the Kumali cred so hopefully this happens so I can justify the ticket haha.

Last edited:

Lofty

CF Legend
As if ATI has just called someone out for **** posting.
tenor.gif

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I mean, even if it was a Zamperla Thunderbolt I think I'd still be happy. But it seems more than likely at this point that it will be an Intamin given what we know.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
The thing that bugs me is, how come we've not seen any planning applications for this? With all that site prep going on one would assume that Flamingoland already have the relevant permissions to build whatever it is they're building, so how come nothing's been made public? Aren't these things usually available for public scrutiny before approval?

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
The thing that bugs me is, how come we've not seen any planning applications for this? With all that site prep going on one would assume that Flamingoland already have the relevant permissions to build whatever it is they're building, so how come nothing's been made public? Aren't these things usually available for public scrutiny before approval?
I agree. Did Flamingoland need to submit plans for the Hero and Twistosaurus expansion back in 2013? I was just starting out as an enthusiast at the time, so I wouldn’t know.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Yes it is my understanding that even the permitted development rights amusement parks have exclude equipment over 25M... Colossus is 30M

Class B – development at amusement parks
Permitted development
B. Development on land used as an amusement park consisting of—
(a) the erection of booths or stalls or the installation of plant or machinery to be used for or in connection with the entertainment of the public within the amusement park; or
(b) the extension, alteration or replacement of any existing booths or stalls, plant or machinery so used.
Development not permitted
B.1. Development is not permitted by Class B if—
(a) the plant or machinery would—
(i) if the land or pier is within 3 kilometres of the perimeter of an aerodrome, exceed a height of 25 metres or the height of the highest existing structure (whichever is the lesser), or
(ii) in any other case, exceed a height of 25 metres;
(b) in the case of an extension to an existing building or structure, that building or structure would as a result exceed 5 metres above ground level or the height of the roof of the existing building or structure, whichever is the greater; or
(c) in any other case, the height of the building or structure erected, extended, altered or replaced would exceed 5 metres above ground level.