What's new

First park you’ll be going to

Will

Strata Poster
Heard a murmuring of Fantasy Island opening first - but probably just a slow news day at the Nottinghamshire post.
I got a notification about it, for some reason...

BlueSonicHD

Mega Poster
Heard a murmuring of Fantasy Island opening first - but probably just a slow news day at the Nottinghamshire post.
I got a notification about it, for some reason...
:eek:

a park Ive not been to for years., yea dont think I would like it to me my first post-rona park tho . o_O

brokethemorning

Roller Poster
Well, I was supposed to go to Mt. Olympus next month, but that's most likely not going to happen. I'll probably end up going to either Indiana Beach or Kings Island as my first park after quarantine is over.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Depending on how quickly parks reopen, we will be visiting Minnesota and Wisconsin end of May/June - so could pick up Valleyfair or Mt. Olympus if open. Otherwise, will visit Kings Island to pick up Orion.
Scratch all this. Like @LiveForTheLaunch - I'll be basic with CP or KI.

Dressinggown

Roller Poster
Obviously with Covid-19 happening we can’t go too theme parks?
But when it’s all over, hopefully it’ll be soon!, which park will you be visiting first?
It's likely to be Towers or the Pleasure Beach.

I had a trip to Poland with my wife booked in May to visit Energylandia and Legendia which was cancelled. I am about to re-book for September. Still cheap as chips:

Return Ryanair flights from Manchester to Katowice = £100 (for 2).
3 nights accomodation at 4* Novotel in Katowice = £120
1 day at Silesia Park (including Legendia) = £50 (for 2).
1 day at Energylandia including travel = £70 (for 2).

Pint of beer around £1.50. Double vodka about £2.00. Bonus !

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
It's likely to be Towers or the Pleasure Beach.

I had a trip to Poland with my wife booked in May to visit Energylandia and Legendia which was cancelled. I am about to re-book for September. Still cheap as chips:

Return Ryanair flights from Manchester to Katowice = £100 (for 2).
3 nights accomodation at 4* Novotel in Katowice = £120
1 day at Silesia Park (including Legendia) = £50 (for 2).
1 day at Energylandia including travel = £70 (for 2).

Pint of beer around £1.50. Double vodka about £2.00. Bonus !
Find the right bars off the main square in Krakow and double Vodka’s were 80 pence last year ;)

My trip out this year was rearranged to 6th July... Looks to be still on and if rumours are true no quarantine either!

Have a great trip :)

Dressinggown

Roller Poster
Find the right bars off the main square in Krakow and double Vodka’s were 80 pence last year ;)

My trip out this year was rearranged to 6th July... Looks to be still on and if rumours are true no quarantine either!

Have a great trip :)
I've been to Krakow and Gdansk in the last year or two. Yes, we spent a fair time in the Vodka & Herring bars where Beers and Vodkas were about £1.00. Food £2.00. 5 shots or Cocktails £2.00.

Open 23 hours a day these bars tend to be be tiled on the inside and hosed down at dawn.

We spent far too long in these places in Gdansk and managed to miss our flight home.

Last edited:

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
I've been to Krakow and Gdansk in the last year or two. Yes, we spent a fair time in the Vodka & Herring bars where Beers and Vodkas were about £1.00. Food £2.00. 5 shots or Cocktails £2.00.

Open 23 hours a day these bars tend to be be tiled on the inside and hosed down at dawn.

We spent far too long in these places in Gdansk and managed to miss our flight home.

We didn’t go quite that far... We were tucked up in bed for 12-1am... Theme parks to get to in the am?

We found a few nice little bars with live music in the side streets just off the square in Krakow, all with cheap drinks and a nice atmosphere, with lots of student looking types in them :)

What goes in those bars beyond midnight though, we wouldn’t know ??

Gangster4Life

Mega Poster
Since my brother passed his driving test he has not once taken me to Alton Towers, he took his wife in 2009 on their 1st wedding anniversary, but never me, so this year he promised to take me.

adrenaline1996

Mega Poster
I'm going to Thorpe Park on 6th July. Fastrack isn't available, so I hope the queues won't be too long, struggle to queue for a long time.

Will

Strata Poster
I couldn't get Alton Towers tickets for the 4th when I tried (though I notice they are available now) but with retrospect, I'm probably better waiting for the 7th while they iron out any teething difficulties with the new restrictions

BBH

Giga Poster
I'm at school in Boston, so hopefully SFNE. If not, probably SFGAm, Indiana Beach, or Holiday World.