What's new

First coaster of the year

Ollie

CF Legend
What's your first coaster this year?

I've already got mine which was the 'Christmas Coaster' in Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park. It was actually pretty good. :)

Obviously I'm not gonna know until May or later, but it'll be something at Cedar Point :p .

Was the coaster you rode indoor, Ollie?

Ollie

CF Legend
LiveForTheLaunch said:
Was the coaster you rode indoor, Ollie?
Nah it was outdoors.
It wasn't anything amazing. But it was pretty good for a UK fair coaster and it got a fair amount of speed.

Here's a couple of photos. I also did a POV but haven't uploaded it yet.

SDC10154.jpg

SDC10155.jpg

DjTommyB

Hyper Poster
Well depending if I go to DLP this month, it will probably be Space Mountain, but if I don't do DLP this month then ermm I have no idea what it'll be.

Jake

Strata Poster
The pier is open, so perhaps something on there (turbo<3). Having said that, it's a rip off, so it'll probably be saw!

AeRo

Hyper Poster
Christmas Coaster at Hyde Park was my last coaster of 2008.

My first of 2009, is going to be the same as my first of 2008 .... Troy a week on Friday! :p

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Mine will be the same as it has been for the past two years - El Toro baby! :--D
I plan on doing the same as last year, when the kid & I were the first to ride it the day SFGAdv opened for the season. :wink:

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
Same as last year =D Rage at Adventure Island. First person on it for the year, and I was POSSIBLY the first person in the country to ride a rollercoaster this year

jokerman

Giga Poster
Mine will most likely be sommething at Thorpe, I'll probably be there late March. It will most likely be Nemesis Inferno.

A

Anonymous

My first ride of 2009 will probably be on either Kingda Ka, El Toro, or Nitro.

Peter

Hyper Poster
I think I have a good year of trips plans for 2009, but as has been the case for the last few years, my first coaster of the year is likely to be Inferno at Thorpe on opening day in February.

Original I know...

A

Anonymous

Mine will be something at Disney World, probably Big Thunder Mountain Railroad because we're planning on going to Magic Kingdom first.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
AeRo said:
Christmas Coaster at Hyde Park was my last coaster of 2008.

My first of 2009, is going to be the same as my first of 2008 .... Troy a week on Friday! :p

East Coast(er) General said:
Mine will be the same as it has been for the past two years - El Toro baby! :--D
I plan on doing the same as last year, when the kid & I were the first to ride it the day SFGAdv opened for the season. :wink:

Well, I'm not going to buck the trend here then. I'll also make mine the first coaster I rode last year! It's up there with your bad boys too.

Beastie at Alton, here I come (February) :p