What's new

First coaster of 2010

Ollie

CF Legend
^Haha that was scary. It felt like the car was going to drop and fall at any moment. :lol:

EnigmaHyena

Hyper Poster
^Ahaha, I know! And to make things worse, our car got stuck on the lift hill for a bit :?

Still, wasn't as terrifying as the Snow Storm flat ride they had. I was actually convinced I would die :oops:

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I was hoping it would be I-305, but now it looks like it will be my usual. The kid & I will be on the first El Toro train out of the station on opening day for the fifth year in a row!

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
It's Yeah Yeah Yeahs (the avi is the cover of their Zero single). Can't stop listening to them lately...

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Contrary to what I thought it would be earlier in the topic, my first coaster of '10 was Oblivion - I had literaly about 3-4 inches between me and the restraint giving me the best airtime-filled Oblivion ride I've ever had :D

RCF

Strata Poster
First (and right now only :( ) coaster of 2010: Titan at Six Flags Over Texas. Finally wasn't chicken enough to leave space in my lap bar and got INSANE airtime.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Oh bollocks. I tried not to, but it was Th13teen. I'm such a silly fanboy! :p

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Turned out it was Sonic Spinball, Oblivion was second and Thirteen third. Can't remember my predictions, but I'm pretty sure Oblivion and Thirteen were mentioned, so wasn't far off.

Kaedon

Roller Poster
None yet this year. That's bad. Fact is, I've been totally out of the loop coaster-wise for a couple of years now. Barely visited a coaster site, but recently I've been looking around here again and its certainly re-ignited my interest.

Might get in a visit to the Pleasure Beach when I'm in Blackpool for a festival in a few weeks. Hopefully it can be the start of a re-introduction to the world of coasters! It's felt too long...

Naemuti

Mega Poster
I went to Canobie Lake Park unexpectedly, at the urging of my friend. It was pretty fun, but I can't say my first coaster was anything special; just the Corkscrew. It was a new credit, though. :wink: