What's new

First coaster of 2010

Rush

Giga Poster
Jools said:
Ollie said:
I haven't ridden any this year yet but It'll probably be something at Thorpe.

This.

^Fantastic input, Jools. It was a cracking read.

Well it seems this highly original topic full of well thought out posts has re-surfaced so I shall make my contribution.

This year I'm pleased to announce I am neglecting my usual early trip to Thorpe in favour of Alton on March 20. So I guess my first ride will be whatever the group decides to do which will presumably be Thirteen. However I shall not discount the possibilities that Thirteen may not be the initial destination due to the groups' decision or due to mechanical problems. So it is likely to be something at Alton.

Although there may be another twist to the tale should I go somewhere open before March, possibly Adventure Island.

Watch this space as my dramatic decision unfolds.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Alton times for me in six days, so I'll let you run a quick sweepstake on which will be my first :)

Sonic Spinball | Beastie | Nemesis | air | Oblivion | RMT | Rita | 13

Winner gets a sweet.

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
furie said:
Alton times for me in six days, so I'll let you run a quick sweepstake on which will be my first :)

Winner gets a sweet.

Tough choice between Sonic and Beastie! I think I will go Beastie

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
furie said:

Winner gets a sweet.

I defo think it won't be 13, not in 6 days time :roll: ;)

Jools

Giga Poster
I'm putting money on my next ride will be Saw because it's the one we always eem to run to first, sayign that last time I visited the park Stealth was closed and I miss her :(

Tony

Hyper Poster
I'm hoping something at Warner Bros. Movie World Australia next week! But I'm not sure if we're gonna get that far north but I'm still hoping :D .

Martyn B

CF Legend
peep said:
A-Kid said:
Rage on January 1st :D

This. Which is quite sad seeing as this is now the second year in a row Rage has been my first coaster of the year.

Nah its not that sad. I'm always half tempted to pop down there during the winter months, mainly because nothing else is open. When everything else is open, I never even consider it :p

Anyway, my first coaster of 2010 was Space Mountain DLP!

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
I can't remember!

I know after midnight we went to Disney's Hollywood Studios but all we did was Tower of Terror. I presume the next day we went to Magic Kingdom and did one there.

Damn, I can't think.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
ciallkennett said:
furie said:

Winner gets a sweet.

I defo think it won't be 13, not in 6 days time :roll: ;)

Maybe I'm going to hold back and wait to pop my 2010 cherry with something special? ;)

#pmbo

Roller Poster
I think my first coaster of 2010 will be Sonic :/ We've got a bigger chance of going to Alton first, and we usually go on Sonic first because it's there... Might try and get on 13 first though :)