What's new

Final NL2 Comp of the Year! Suggestions due Oct 7

tomahawk

Strata Poster
We've reached October, and with that, we have decided to end the year with a dueling coaster. Now the type? That is simply up to you! This contest will be significantly longer than all of our previous contests, as you are required to build 2 coasters instead of 1. Rules and a template will be decided on after the voting will end.

Timeline:
Suggestions due by October 7
Voting until October 12
Contest begins October 16
Entries due November 30

I will put a poll up on the 7 in this thread, we will limit it to the top 4 choices. If there is a tie, Hixee and myself will hold the tie breaker.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Dueling coasters? I would suggest RMC I-Boxes akin to TC. I feel we could really see good things come out of that with the level of creativity we have on here, getting them to interact and flip over each other and whatnot.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
So here's the thing - we've already done rounds with most of these coaster types.

The launcher, invert and dive machines don't really offer enough variation on something we've had in previous rounds - in my opinion.

RMC is a nice idea, but we have already had an RMC round.

I quite like the idea of a duelling/racing Gravity Group. They'll be quite different to anything we've done so far, and hopefully offer up a nice challenge.

Keep throwing the ideas out and Tom and I will have a think about how to structure a comp out of these ideas.

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
I imagine this would be complete hell, but I'll suggest it anyway:

Dueling GCI woodies.

There is a severe lack of realistic GCI's in the NL2 community, ones that have realistic GCI banking and layouts. Putting Millennuim Flyer trains on any old wooden coaster doesn't count. If this ends up being the contest, these coasters MUST MUST MUST be as realistic as possible. Just an idea:)

Jer

Strata Poster
Do they have to be dueling? I don't know if you guys understand the pre-planning and amount of work that goes into a dueling coaster, but its way more than necessary for a short competition and we'd end up with maybe 3 or 4 entries max.

On a serious note a spinner would be a fun idea especially if we can get some scripting to work on the ride, even if we dont it allows a lot of creativity with the layout I would love to see.

jay37415

Mega Poster
I think if we did GCI woodies, 6 weeks is do able for dueling. We could focus more on layout and not so much supports.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
So I've been trying for the past two days to get on via my computer with no success so the choices for the dueling comp are as follows:

GCI
Gravity Group
Spinner

Voting will end Monday or Tuesday.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
I'd honestly rather do Gravity Group woodies (Dauling Dragons) over GCI's. Much easier and nowhere near as hellish to accomplish. Let's do it!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
As Jer points out, we have already done a GG round. Although this would likely have a very different feel to it, I do quite like the idea of mixing it up a bit.

I vote GCI. :)