What's new

Few questions about Disneyland Resort Paris =]

DjTommyB

Hyper Poster
Hey everyone. I'm heading off to DLP on the 20th August for 4 days and just wanted to ask a few questions:

1. How much do the ORP's cost?
2. Do they do a photopass like at Alton/Thorpe/Chessie?
3. What rides do they do ORP's on?
4. Is the park going to be really busy since it's the summer holidays?

Thanks in advance. =]

peep

CF Legend
Hmm, I don't usually buy ORPs when there because they are too expensive for me. I've searched all my usual DLP sources and I can't find any prices online.

I don't think there was a photopass as there aren't many ORPs to choose from.

Prices could be around the 10 euro mark, could be higher? Go expecting the worst prices (I always take more money than needed).

Rides that have ORPs:

WDS;
-Tower of Terror
-Rock 'n' Rollercoaster avec Aerosmith

DLP;
-Big Thunder Mountain
-Pirates of the Caribbean
-Space Mountain: Mission 2
-Buzz Lightyear's laser blast

The park could be busy but it's hard to say. I reckon it'll, at least, be full of English peeps on holiday.

Have a great time! Any more questions just ask.

DjTommyB

Hyper Poster
Thanks for the help! :D I think I might only buy ORP's on the main rides i.e. ToT, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster and Space Mountain due to them being pretty expensive.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
1. Don't know
2. Don't know
3. Don't know
4. Well, durrrrrrr.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer.

Martyn B

CF Legend
I would expect it to be ridiculously busy now. You're probably looking at 3 hours plus for rides like Big Thunder Mountain and Space Mountain.

And its pretty impossible to get the prices for the ORP's, each ride has so many differen't types of photo's, with different frames. They're pricey, bu worth it.

peep

CF Legend
Right, been speaking to my mate who usually goes with me. Prices do vary but this is due to there being different types of frames etc. I think on some of them you have the option to crop it so it's just you and whoever you're with and not the whole boat (like on Pirates). I think he said the cheapest option is 12 euros, but with a bigger frame it could be even over 20 euros.

Martyn B has a point. It will be very busy. Always try and grab the free fast passes for Big Thunder Mountain, Tower of Terror and Space Mountain (do this as soon as you get into the parks). Those rides gain horrible queues and they are very unpleasant if the weather is humid (which it usually is this time of year).

Also a warning. Crush's coaster (situated in the Studios) gets really bad queue times, average is about 90 mins. I'm afraid it never gets better than that, sometimes a lot worse. It's a great ride that shouldn't be missed though.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
even when the park's empty - crush still has a huuge queue - and the actually queueline barely holds 60 minutes worth, so the queue goes all over the place!

Nice ride though!

peep

CF Legend
They've recently added steel poles to extend the queueline, you're right, it's a complete mess. It's a shame really, before the ride even opens it has an over 60 minute queue.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
The main question you should be asking is -

Will I be ripped off?

Yes.

Hotels and park tickets are an ok price but they kill you on food, drink and merchandise. 12 quid for a poxy burger, chips and drink. And they wonder why food spending is down by 30% this year.

Twats.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^Skip the park food. There's a decent enough shop at the train station with regular priced sandwiches etc.

Mark

Strata Poster
And fundamentally with McDonalds, you get a very reasonable idea of what you are getting.

Although, in terms of on park food. I believe Marc and I really enjoyed a similar type burger chips drink deal at the place at the back of Fantasyland. Possibly a Pinochhio themed food stop? (Hopes he isn't confusing himself with either Orlando or California...)

The park will be very busy indeed, particularly at weekends. I avoid weekends there at ALL costs at any time of year, so the summer will just be murder!

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
You're confusing it with the American ones because the Paris Pinochio restaurant is horrible.

I was in Disney late July and the queues were ok. Only Big Thunder Mountain got a 2 hour queue, Space Mountain 45 mins and the rest about 30 - 40 mins. Not too bad.