What's new

Ferrari World Abu Dhabi | Mission Ferrari | Dynamic Attractions | 2023

Sneaky

Roller Poster
Flying Aces appears to be a great coaster, I really like it.
It also caught my attention that its lift hill truss has the same structure as Taron's track.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Cheers Dave, key points;

* 207ft tall
* 74 mph
* 4921 ft long
* 170ft loop
* Airtime on the loop
* Opening Jan 2016 (scheduled)

Lofty

CF Legend
^ You've saved me a lot of time.

I really wanna ride this, more so the SFX Coaster, I won't lie.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
There's an interesting point made by the Intamin rep about there being 5 installations with the final being the best.
I think it's just a pr exercise but at least it will be decent, if that chap is to be believed.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Oh hell yes!!! Was so disappointed when we thought it was going to be normal trains, but this has brought my excitement all the way back up!

Lofty

CF Legend
I have to ask this now - seen as I've never actually rode Skyrush, what is so fantastic about the trains? Is it merely comfortability and readability? or is it aesthetically?

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Lofty said:
I have to ask this now - seen as I've never actually rode Skyrush, what is so fantastic about the trains? Is it merely comfortability and readability? or is it aesthetically?
Forces on the outside seats are incredible. Centre two seats provide a less intense ride.
The restraints can be a little uncomfortable on larger legs but I didn't have any issues with them personally.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Lofty said:
The wings are so much better than the inside seats.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
The wings are amazing. You get whipped around a ton out there, and on Skyrush it leaves you out and exposed as the train barrels past the ground and supports. I'm fairly certain the non-inverting loop will be insane out there.

Casio

Mega Poster
Youngster Joey said:
The Skyrush trains are awful. If intamin hasn't fixed the restraints i've lost basically all interest in this ride.

I agree; I thought the general consensus was that everyone hated them until I noticed so many people on CF really like them. The fact that SkyRush is still my #2 coaster shows just how good these things can be though. It's nothing to do with the size of the passenger, they just clamp right in the middle of your quads. I found it possible to position myself reasonably comfortably but it took a couple of rides to perfect it. Even disliking them this is still one of my most anticipated rides for next year!

Lofty

CF Legend
So it's merely the same reason as the only benefit of Furius Baco? The vulnerability and perception of extra forces of being away from the track?

Ben

CF Legend
Yeah but done on an amazing hyper coaster.

Like it's perfect. Just perfect.

Think a smoother Baco on steroids.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Well, I wouldn't say perfect. The coaster layout? Yes, that is probably one of the best hypers to be found. The discomfort of the ride restraints however is still an issue to be dealt with, and the reason why I do not have Skyrush as a personal #1.

That all being said, Intamin's wing seats are a very cool concept, that I am glad will see greater adoption beyond just one creation. The non-inverting loop especially seems a great fit element for this!

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
^I think Skyrush's restraints are fine for a ride of its length considering it's fairly short, but I feel like a longer ride on the scale of Bizarro or anything else that seemingly goes on forever, they would have to either dial it back on the airtime (<\\\\\\3) or modify the restraints to distribute the force a bit more evenly. I thought this was supposed to be longer than Skyrush but this one doesn't seem as airtime-centric as Skryrush, or at least I don't remember as many airtime hills as Skyrush, maybe an equal number. This one has that sexy Overbank and the loop and the like and seems to have a slightly more varied design with elements other than high-speed turns and insane airtime hills.

If I know the layout as well as I think I do, I see no problem with Skyrush's exact trains and restraints on Flying Aces.