What's new

Ferrari World Abu Dhabi | Mission Ferrari | Dynamic Attractions | 2023

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
At IAPPA 2014, it was revealed that Ferrari World in Abu Dhabi will recieve the first Dynamic Attractions SFX Coaster installation in the world! It will feature 2 of the 4 "Special Elements" that you can purchase with the ride(Track drop, Gyro Table, Tilt and Drop, and Bank and Drop), and is scheduled to open sometime next year. Here is a video:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6ufW5DuKsY[/youtube]

What's your thoughts? Will this be riddled with mechanical problems, or will it be the best dark coaster of all time?

Lofty

CF Legend
Re: Ferrari World Abu Dhabi| SFX Coaster| Dynamic Attraction

This could truly be one of the best 'experience' coasters around.

Ben

CF Legend

As exciting as this sounds on paper, Ferrari World is a dump and all of their dark rides are beyond appalling, so don't get too excited.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

The park isn't that bad, it's clean at least and Formula Rossa!
Tbh I think the park knows it's a state and will prove themselves with this, they have been adding and doing up a lot of the rides recently.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

If you hadn't realized I was being sarcastic about the park not being that bad.

marc

CF Legend

owenrita121 said:
If you hadn't realized I was being sarcastic about the park not being that bad.

So it is that bad? :)

ThomVD

Giga Poster

To be really honest, I didn't notice that it was sarcasm either. Sarcasm is really hard to detect on the internet, so I'd recommend putting like a :wink: to make it clearer, or just exaggerate so much that it also gets pretty obvious :p

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

Yes! The park is awful, it has a few dencent rides and is saved by the coasters, but it just has a lot of empty space with nothing in it, they do seem to be filling in the gaps with the recent additions though.
I do believe the park will do well as it does get busy, but they still have a lot to improve.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Ferrari World | Unknown | SFX Coaster

Dynamic Attractions teased their SFX coaster concept at this years IAAPA showing off an insane mix of media, coaster sections and surprise elements. They also announced the worlds first installation will be heading to Ferrari World in Abu Dhabi in 2015.

Little is known about the ride specifics but I found out the ride has begun shipping to Abu Dhabi from a manufacturing facility in China (the same company that build Dinoconda and the Intamin U Shaped Coaster) and the track looks like nothing you’ve seen before. Looking like a triangular version of B&M box track it is massive.

The layout can also be seen below and although it’s not 100% clear what each element is there are clearly at least 2 inversions and 2 trick track sections to look forwards to. Each of the 6 trains will hold 9 passengers. The ride will use linear synchronous motors for a maximum speed of 45 mph. There will be five separate launch sections while the indoor section will contain two large-screen 3D movie sections.

FerrariWorld6.png

FerrariWorld1.jpg

FerrariWorld3.jpg

FerrariWorld5.jpg

Source

Edit: Great post roomraider! There was already an existing topic for this, so I moved it here. - ThomVD

BBH

Giga Poster
Re: Ferrari World Abu Dhabi | unknown | Dynamic Att. SFX Coa

That's slightly ridiculous and I love it.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

I can't even. The spine is so unnecessarily big, it's awesome.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

peep

CF Legend

Ha, that is ridiculous. Might actually make a trip out there worthwhile.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator

Do anybody know where in the park this thing would go?

As it happens, I have the park map here beside me, and from the looks of things, the giant dome is starting to fill up this season. Still lots of stuff under construction (more simulators, yay! Clearly the park doesn't have enough already!), and they're running out of space. I suppose they would make the coaster outdoors, but there still isn't that much room left there.

That is, unless they tear out something. My suggestion would be to remove that dire scenic car ride. It actually amazed me with its badness when I visited last Sunday. Under optimal conditions, it dispatched one two-person car every forty seconds. That's a pph of 180, which is an amazingly low throughput for a ride at a semi-major park.

Dubaidave

Hyper Poster

They have started construction outside the dome. I also believe they are replacing v12 with the indoor coaster ride.

I have also heard someone mention that they might be looking at the worlds tallest loops!

roomraider

Best Topic Starter

The park has a LOT going on at the moment.

At least 2 new rides going into the dome and one going outside. The space shot tower has gone from the middle too.
First Drop actually reports 3 new coasters coming. Not sure this means 3 new rides but got lost in translation but either way its pretty cool.

here's this years current map with the 2 spaces. I believe the SFX coaster replaces one of those two Coming Soons.

p3f4j.jpg

On top of that theres ton of work going on outside the dome. These are from TPR

thumb_screenshot_2015-04-23-12-43-02.png

Plenty of footers too

image_9674.jpg

Dubaidave

Hyper Poster

On that map. The coming soon on the left is where the old dark ride was and the one on the right was v12. Really exited about this. Hope to get down there soon and see what's going on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk